- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Not that simple, I'm afraid. The arrow needs to be texture friendly, and to utilize an all in one combined texture jpg, if possible. I've shaped the primitives more complex than their default maps will allow.

The Point I'm doing this, is so that if I or anyone who downloads this freebie when its released, can apply detailed textures, like patterns and have it all reasonably line up nicely. Like this UV map I used with the Tribal Bow.

BowWood_UVTemplateSM.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 359K
    edited December 1969

But that said, I'm past the problematic areas, so it's all looking good now :cheese:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I am a bit upset that Amy and Rory have done their last episode. Wonder who the new girl will be like. No new episodes until Christmas.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    But that said, I'm past the problematic areas, so it's all looking good now :cheese:

Mm I guess I'm just used to the "coward's way out" when texturing things and leaving it to Cinema's cubic projection type XD
    3 out of 5 times it works like a charm with some adjusting on the tiling values. X3

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. October already, waah where has all the sunshine gone ? Feels especially cold under a bleak grey sky today. perhaps the sun will shine later on :)

...it's going away here as well.

I think it eventually ends up in the same continuum where all the left socks go when you put clothes in the dryer.

Sun came out eventually, hope the lost socks don't come back 'cos I put their siblings in the bin :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

Mm I guess I'm just used to the "coward's way out" when texturing things and leaving it to Cinema's cubic projection type XD
    3 out of 5 times it works like a charm with some adjusting on the tiling values. X3

do whatever works, I tend to atlas everything I can that doesn't overlap

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

way to go :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    85 days to Christmas. close enough.

...wouldn't know it was still that far off considering the local department store chain already has lights and other decorations on the "seasonal" shelves.

Looking forward to relaxing for a while then :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:

There's nothing wrong with that Rezca! I too use the easy techniques very often lol, But not for exporting to other users. :) Plus, the more I use the advanced stuff, the more I learn and the better I get at it too. :cheese:

edited December 1969

I remembered the book I wanted to read. It was the time traveler's wife. I had a Amazon gc which was enough to cover the book cost.

you haz clicks ;)

edited December 1969

Dammit... You think you've got everything done just right... Until you do a test render with the UV template so see any last minute faults... And you get this :down: Back to the UV mapping again Meh.

Failure.png
    1000 x 1000 - 389K
    edited October 2012

This is a link to a check texture from Daz you use to test UVs for precision and stretching :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    This is a link to a check texture from Daz you use to test UVs for precision and stretching :)

Thank you for that :) Yeah I tested it prior to Daz in 3ds max... Max is rather more accurately rendering than Daz in that it worked against me and made me overlook the fact that I mistakenly did not delete a duplicate fletching which wasn't UV mapped and was only a teenie tiny bit angled away from the rendered surface in Max view port. Daz rendered both the uv mapped one seeing through to the non uv mapped one which I was supposed to delete lol! So sometimes two programs can really help you find faults haha!

Thanks again for that, I shall add it to my archive, very useful! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Thank you for that :) Yeah I tested it prior to Daz in 3ds max... Max is rather more accurately rendering than Daz in that it worked against me and made me overlook the fact that I mistakenly did not delete a duplicate fletching which wasn't UV mapped and was only a teenie tiny bit angled away from the rendered surface in Max view port. Daz rendered both the uv mapped one seeing through to the non uv mapped one which I was supposed to delete lol! So sometimes two programs can really help you find faults haha!

Thanks again for that, I shall add it to my archive, very useful! :cheese:

No worries. A bit of assistive tech goes a long way. Mostly. :)

edited December 1969

Nice sunny afternoon here, and home before 6 wow no traffic, where's everyone gone? Oh right there is a holiday in the next state over, Aussie holidays are very contagious :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I remembered the book I wanted to read. It was the time traveler's wife. I had a Amazon gc which was enough to cover the book cost.

you haz clicks ;)

Thanks!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Another day and I'm here. That's good enough for me. Rainy cool weather for the day, lot's of nothing that needs done. Look's like a good day to play with my cat's, boot up DS and play with my sets some more, hit my downloads and maybe get some installs done. One thing I know I'll do, I'm gonna run and pay all my bills before the next sale starts. Then I'll know just what I can spend. :cheese:

edited December 1969

No complaints today either, Well the forum just ate a post but meh can't complain. There is a sale?

edited December 1969

The PC Sale should start very any time now. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A tip. If the Forum appears to eat a post, use the back button to get the post back and try submitting it again. SOmetimes you have to do this several times, it's all good excercise for the mouse finger.

ALso something else that sometimes helps is to preview the post before posting it. Note I do say sometimes :roll:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    85 days to Christmas. close enough.

...wouldn't know it was still that far off considering the local department store chain already has lights and other decorations on the "seasonal" shelves.

i iz almost finished my christmas shopping for this year. so proud of myself :lol:

shopping without credit cards and credit card debt iz possible.

edited December 1969

which reminds me, it's time to start giving my relatives the 'living within your means' speech. oh they hate me for it, too. lots of eyes rolling.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

pa sale is still on today.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

pa sale is still on today.I know!! Happy Dance, I NEED one more item. :cheese:

edited December 1969

does weredragon sound too weird?
    weredragons aren't people who turn into dragons, they're dragons who can shape-change into humans.
    so, technically there is no lycanthrope disease involved.

not all dragons can shape change. and only the royals have healing powers, which is what makes them royal.

i'm doing one last re-edit to go with the new illustrations. my last chance to change weredragons to another terminology before i'm stuck with it forever.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

weredragons aren't people who turn into dragons, they're dragons who can shape-change into humans.

Not at all. There was a comic about this human guy that turns into a feral dragon every month for one night, and loses all control of himself while he's under that influence.

edited October 2012

not all dragons can shape change. and only the royals have healing powers, which is what makes them royal.

i'm doing one last re-edit to go with the new illustrations. my last chance to change weredragons to another terminology before i'm stuck with it forever.

That is a odd sounding term, In some books I've read I've heard that type called Dragon-Kin. As in they are more Kin to man than the others.

@Rezca: Would that not be more the Lycanthrope thing than shape changing?
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    AtticAnne said:
    I loved Brave. There were several points where I teared up. This is one I have to buy and I want that hair...for me.

...I wish someone would come out with that wild kind of hair too. One thing though, it would most likely be a transmap nightmare to render.

Although it would be nice to have Brave hair on my computer, I actually want it in Real Life, on my head, to go everywhere with me.

edited December 1969

I was thinking of a character named Chika who is a weredragon. She can change between dragon form and human form. she is actually half weredragon and half vampire. Mum is vampire and pa is a weredragon. Chika is Kulay's cousin as their mothers are sisters.

so I do not find it weird at all.

edited December 1969

Guess Chika's pa can be considered a weredragon not dragon kin.

This discussion has been closed.