A New Hope

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I think I'm connecting again, but not real sure. Was the forum having problems earlier?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I think I'm connecting again, but not real sure. Was the forum having problems earlier?
    My dear little lady, why are you pushing that gangster war game on us? I would rather you tell us what it was going on in your life than you add that to your sig.
    edited December 1969

It's a family thing. My #2 son owns it and I'm trying to drum up business for him.

I figured out how to change the background for the Holiday Room aka Lyrra's Room aka Granny's Room. It was used in the BC in Aug 2011. I went to Parameters - Diffuse and substituted the background I wanted for the black backdrop it came with. Now I need to clean it up, l need to light a fire in the fireplace, and get busy knitting.

at_winterwonderland2.jpg
    1224 x 625 - 531K
    edited December 1969

Looking good, my dear. This will be one nice render.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderail. I'm hoping to work on it today.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I am learning a lot these days, I'm buried in my books and putting what I learn into practice, mostly in 3DS Max.

Modelling is fun.

On a somewhat related note, I am going to try to post more. I have been neglecting the forum quite deliberately I'm afraid. The home situation has got so bad that I'm extremely grumpy most of the time, but I want to put more effort into this side of my life.

How is everyone?

edited December 1969

Running backwards in circles, naturally. Barry, get rid of those grumpy drawers and put on some happy ones. Maybe a pair with bells on them would cheer you up. Sometimes I wonder why we have to have a real-life. Virtual ones can be so much better.

Sorry things are so rocky there. Here's hoping things will get better. Maybe Santa will take away a present (Daniel) instead of just leaving a lump of coal for him.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Running backwards in circles, naturally. Barry, get rid of those grumpy drawers and put on some happy ones. Maybe a pair with bells on them would cheer you up. Sometimes I wonder why we have to have a real-life. Virtual ones can be so much better.

Sorry things are so rocky there. Here's hoping things will get better. Maybe Santa will take away a present (Daniel) instead of just leaving a lump of coal for him.

He doesn't know it yet but his present from me is worth very little money. Everyone else's are much nicer.
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

He doesn't know it yet but his present from me is worth very little money. Everyone else's are much nicer.

Hmmm.. A suitcase?

edited December 1969

He doesn't rate a suitcase, just a plastic trash bag.

edited December 1969

Crap on a cracker, I found out this USB headset microphone set up can be unplugged from what is an adapter in the middle of the line. I can plug-in the headphone in one plug in the microphone in the other plug. Then all my sound for every program goes into the headset, but here's the but, because I trained Dragon NaturallySpeaking using the USB microphone my profile, the thing that it uses to understand me, will not work with the standard microphone. After a week plus of training this thing to understand me and everybody's handles that I put in so far will need to be done all over from scratch. If I swap it from USB, hearing everything through the headphones, and talking to it at the same time, will force me to start back at day one.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Now that really sucks

edited December 1969

I'm afraid to start over, I don't WANT to start over... Have not started over yet.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited December 1969

better now than later
    and you need programs to use ALL your mic inputs, most of mine can use screaming bee, my webcam or headset mic.

edited December 1969

I'm doing a very slow render! Was hoping to post it this morning but no chance, it's been going for nearly 17 hours and is 55% through!

edited December 1969

OMG I have finally figured out how to parent props, convert to figure and inhierit bones of parent!
    I can do conforming hair and maybe clothes in Daz studio!!

edited December 1969

Well, I had to start my render again for two reasons. Firstly part of the young lady's armband was poking right into the arm and I hadn't noticed in preview. I didn't want to hurt her so I decided to move that! Secondly, I was using a snow shader on M4 in an attempt to make him look dirty (changed the snow colour to brown and grey), but it also made him look really shiny, so I took it off and he looks clean (not keen on that but never mind).

Anyway, here's the render. Hope you likey.

Torment.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    edited December 1969

looks good Barry!

edited December 1969

Most of you seem to be busy and productive. I'm not.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Don't worry, I'm not either.

edited December 1969

I did get Christmas boxes piled in the living room and the manger scene unpacked, with a lot of help from the 14 month old grandson. I can't tell if he likes angels or not. He kept putting them in his wagon.

edited December 1969

Lots of running around, not really getting Much done.
    @Barry Nice render.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Our bedroom is filled with some walking lanes with gifts

edited December 1969

Every time my daughter decorates the tree, Earthquake Ian hits it within 15 minutes. Tinsel on the floor, ornaments in kitchen, living room and hall, angels in wagon. He's getting fast at rippping open presents, no matter whose they are. I'm only leaving my room for coffee.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

OH poor Anne. I remember the days of having to hide presents away out of the way of grasping little hands. My younger son was a very curious child ( looks suspiciously around to see if Neil is listening) and he took a good many years before he changed. :coolgrin:

ANd then of course, after the presents have all been officially open you have that problem with clearing up the resulting mess, because, as we all know, the boxes and wrapping paper are infinitely more interesting than the toys that were inside, both with kids and cats.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

It's just part of the joy of Christmas. My daughter has already had to completely rewrap one present. I think she has given up on keeping the tree decorated.

edited December 1969

I don't know who is going to be around tomorrow, since it'll be a busy day, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Some days have been rather dark this year and it's been this community, and especially the posters in this forum thread, that have lightened those days. Thank you.

edited December 2012

Anne my Dear, please check your PM's. Love the Jader.

@BBS and All others, I too wish to express my gratitude to this forum and all its members for helping me enjoy this year.
    May you all have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Jeff

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hugs an kisses to all

frosty_and_friend_copy.jpg
    768 x 768 - 353K
    edited December 1969

thx, back at ya Pam
    (if Dadolig Idawen means Merry Christmas or seasons greetings that is!)