A New Hope

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

need a light to read the Kindle too! (at least my earlier model)
    mostly browse the net on Android and it reads PDF's better (and in colour!)
    I watch Youtube a lot on it too
    my Kindle not 3G either so only good for reading books but I prefer books, real ones!

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

IU think Jeff disappeared. I haven't seen him in here for a while. Wonder how he is.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I'm okay Jacob I just had some provider trouble most of two days. A clearing crew for the power company cut my line to the house, then it took me until today to get a service crew out here to replace it. The cable company kept try to reset everything through the line. I could not get them to understand the line was down. I told the one today I was just going to go with Dish and I had a crew here in less than two hours.

I am tired as I have not been sleeping well, I'm just going to check the threads and that's about it for today. I'll post more like my old self once I can keep my eyes open.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I reset my figures characters and avatars book as I realized I had two versions of Hexagon installed and NEITHER was the latest build!!
    no wonder I have issues with it!
    resetting that book gets me Hexagon and V4 complete and V4 basic wear???? odd
    (if it WAS the disc content a lot more on it than that, I have most of it anyway through other bundles)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Anyone missing a few geckos?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6mhWeyUfU

(not mine, but I was inspired)

My geckos don't dance. When my GS gets home from school trhis afternoon, I'm showing him this. Thanks, Jacob.

I was right---Sasha loves the geckos. Now he wants to animate too.

edited December 1969

Guess I should find my Android and see what it can do. I can play an airhorn on it. That impressed my nephew so much that he told me I should leave my phone in my purse. My daughter-in-law put some things o it, but I don't know what.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm okay Jacob I just had some provider trouble most of two days. A clearing crew for the power company cut my line to the house, then it took me until today to get a service crew out here to replace it. The cable company kept try to reset everything through the line. I could not get them to understand the line was down. I told the one today I was just going to go with Dish and I had a crew here in less than two hours.

I am tired as I have not been sleeping well, I'm just going to check the threads and that's about it for today. I'll post more like my old self once I can keep my eyes open.

Glad you're back amongst the online partiers. Get some rest so you can give dear old DAZ the rest of your money. They need to pay for their new office in SLC.

edited December 1969

I reset my figures characters and avatars book as I realized I had two versions of Hexagon installed and NEITHER was the latest build!!
    (if it WAS the disc content a lot more on it than that, I have most of it anyway through other bundles)

I hope you've got the right Hexagon installed now. I bought a hardcopy of FC&A, 2nd ed, and it lives on my desk.

edited December 1969

yeah, I have the original on the disc and another on a magazine disc
    but I had the beta from last year which was not the final version.
    worked with DS4.5 but in general tends to freeze, hopefully this one wont.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

I hope you've got the right Hexagon installed now. I bought a hardcopy of FC&A, 2nd ed, and it lives on my desk.
    Now that I've made some room on my desk mine lives there too. Well actually in the space underneath the desk but the result is the same. I'm amazed that I've managed to stay interested in cleaning the house for this long, it's a massive job. We have been living as slobs for some time now, and Carole for a lot longer than me. When I lived in Weymouth I was one step away from being a neat-freak, catching dust as it falls, and now I'm absolutely horrified at how low I've fallen. Time to raise myself up again. Living room is looking almost livable! Kitchen is next, but that's not as bad because I've managed to keep that in a more reasonable state. It's untidy, but it's not dirty, I really hate a dirty kitchen, so when I moved in here I got the Marigolds on and set upon it!

Today we're going to a car-boot sale, and then I'm coming home and cleaning some more while also working on something in Maya. Cool bananas!

@Jeff: Good to see you about, my friend, I was getting a little worried. See you when you wake.

@Wendy: There's quite a lot of content on that FC&A book, I'm surprised that you've only got a few items. I might actually write a ticket about that because I would like to make sure I'm up to date with my items too, but not just a few of them!

@Anne: The Android has become quite a driving force now, it's fantastic. It's as good as Apple's products but with the serious bonus of not having Apple's horrendous restrictions placed on it. And if you get a copy of the Amazon Store, you get a paid app for free every day. you don't get to choose the free app, but that's fine by me, I've had some great stuff from it, including an office package, a remote desktop package (to control my pc from my Android), and a few games that I don't really care about. But for free, who cares?

@BigH: That render is coming, honest! But I'm really not pushing out a render just because it's a render, I want to do something decent.

@Pam, Jacob and everyone else: Hello :D

edited December 1969

@All PAs Having A Sale: You are killing my bank account, you fiends!

edited December 1969

oh I did get a lot of content on the physical disc
    (inc C6pro which I bought it for!)
    I meant resetting it on my itemized history for the latest Hexagon
    (I bought it from Daz)
    like I said, ok but just wondered about it,
    just thinking about things I only have from the disc like M4 complete for example if say I wanted the metadata update on his stylin wear but really not important.

I do have a lot of stuff like morphs++ for most figures inc him very cheap seperately from a big sale a couple of years ago which I rebought simply so I could get updates!
    I have so many different morphs for all my figures and GenX that with Genesis I am utterly spoilt for choice, some like man in the mirror and ethnic, Moyra's archytypes etc for M4 and V4 for respectively can be used on both sexes with Genesis!
    (actually you CAN also use them both on M4, K4 & V4 too)
    and I have V3 & A3 stuff too and Morphia which I have not tried GenXing yet.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

post it when you are ready - just try to give you a push
    clean the house first - the longer you wait the ..............

edited December 1969

my house needs cleaning, got a pile of dishes too
    but I don't give a f*%k!

edited December 1969

my house needs cleaning, got a pile of dishes too
    but I don't give a f*%k!

That's pretty much how we were, though I always did the dishes in the morning.
    edited December 1969

The more I use Maya, the more I realise that Carrara is an absolute bargain!

edited December 1969

yes its good
    I like Bryce better - if only they would make it 64bit

edited December 1969

bigh said:

yes its good
    I like Bryce better - if only they would make it 64bit
    I prefer Carrara because it's got more tools for a traditional 3D artist, like modelling, posing, etc etc. I still see Bryce as a landscaper, but a very good one. And I know it does a lot more than landscaping, but to me other tools do a lot more, and can be used in conjuction with Bryce.

Maya, however, for all its bells and whistles, doesn't have the bells and whistles to make it a complete 'off the shelf' package, whereas Carrara does.

I'm being hard on Maya because I know it's the industry standard, but so far I haven't found anything I personally need that Carrara doesn't do, but I have things in Carrara that Maya doesn't do, at least not with plug-ins. I don't think Maya does procedural trees or foliage for instance.

edited December 1969

http://seek.autodesk.com/
    including Maya content
    knock yourself out Barry (and you can export stuff to studio etc too for rendering!)

edited December 1969

http://seek.autodesk.com/
    including Maya content
    knock yourself out Barry (and you can export stuff to studio etc too for rendering!)

good one

edited December 1969

Good morning folks I just got home from the gore factory. Well it was today any way. I sprang a leak on the way home and ruined my shirt and my light jacket. Blood was set in by the time I got to the house.

Tip: Never try to pull off the highway at 60mph with one hand while trying to prevent major blood loss with the other hand. It gets very tricky. Not to mention you make a mess out of your cars interior. I so hope I missed my cloth seats. I'm fine, the cars fine, just needs a good cleaning on the console (I hope) the shifter and steering wheel. The shirt is a loss but I really love my hoody, I hope I can save it.

On to nicer topics.
    @Wendy: I had Apartment 29 and the Modern Furniture and Appliances on my Disk with the book. And lot's of other stuff, M4 Complete, V4 Complete, A4 starter, H4 starter, some animals, and the 3D starter pack. Oh, and emotiguy as well. I still use Hex 2.5 off the disk, it works well with DS4.5.

@Barry: Stick with it my man, I'm sure you'll find stuff Maya does that Carrara does not do as well as Maya. I'll stick with Carrara for now.

@All: See ya in the threads, I've got lots to catch up on.

edited December 1969

Blimey Jeff, I hope you're ok then. You need to get that plumbing sorted out!

Wendy, thanks for that link, can't believe I hadn't found that already.

XFrog is something I would love to try, it looks really good. In the meantime I downloaded Plant Studio and ngPlant, both of which are freebies. No idea if they're any good.

edited December 1969

Blimey Jeff, I hope you're ok then. You need to get that plumbing sorted out!
    Leaks happen from time to time, it's the heparin I get. I should not have panicked, we are trained to deal with it. Just stick a finger in the hole till it stops, No biggie. I just moved bad or something and pop went my first seal. I've only had three leaks in three years of the needle, pretty good odds when you count how many times I've been poked full of holes (Just under a thou). My first year I had a Perma-Cath in my chest, that was all kinds of dangerous.

I live such a wonderful life don't I?
    edited September 2012

yes Jeff
    already SAID I have the disc, use that apartment a lot!!!
    just talking about resetting downloads for latest Hex & what I get!
    would not really expect ANY of it but I DO get a few odd bits of content
    (not M4 genitals though but I have got them from the C8 upgrade)

soak your shirt in just COLD water for a day
    (I am a woman, know about bloody accidents, it is STILL blood, prob too much info :red: )
    then use a disinfectant cleaner, Jasol is a good brand, I do not know if you have it there.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2012

I never reset my HEX. What did you get? Any fixes?

We have Lysol, my jacket IS soaking now. Never heard the disinfectant part before.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

the new version
    (they updated it last year, big beta test, where were you?)
    the beta DOES work better for me than the original but I never got the final build
    I have always had Hex freeze issues on both computers.

edited December 1969

the new version
    (they updated it last year, big beta test, where were you?)
    the beta DOES work better for me than the original but I never got the final build
    I have always had Hex freeze issues on both computers.
    Ahh.. I hate BETA anything. I prefer to keep what they CALL a full version even if it is broke. Now Updates, I'll install a update.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I never reset my HEX. What did you get? Any fixes?

We have Lysol, my jacket IS soaking now. Never heard the disinfectant part before.

I also add a little dish washing soap with the wash for blood .
    Hope you are better now .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Soak in cold salty water to get blood out, never hot water. Hot water "cooks" the blood and makes it stain.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Soak in cold salty water to get blood out, never hot water. Hot water "cooks" the blood and makes it stain.

Dammit, now I'm all hungry!