Ultimo Paradiso Question

2»

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Thanks JGreenlees.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2012

This is probably my biggest gripe with DS... it shouldn't take this many pages to explain how to find the various components of a package. Anyone should be able to go into one location and find everything. I will not engage in any discussion as to why this is actually a good thing, or has to be.. etc.. as I have already been through all of the permutations of this and personally think they are bull.

And no, smart content doesn't fix it, nor does categories. Categories is my workaround of choice but it requires more work then I should have to go through.

If something drives me away from DS it will probably be this.

This is no reflection on Ultimo Paradiso as a package btw, other then I wish it could have different structure in the file format.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Anyone should be able to go into one location and find everything. .

Smart content at the top filter it by products instead of files. One stop shopping because it will show you the product, then click on the icon for the product and it shows you everything within that product. From mats to figures.

edited September 2012

Thank you for the tip, it is helpful.

On a general note...

Only partially implemented thus serious detriment to the usefulness for many of us as has been stated previously in other discussions. Is only a bandaid for those of us who like to get at the files themselves for some reason, ie to look at the base mesh, texture etc (yes, know about right+click > "go to file location", which helps but doesn't fix the 'scattered parts.') ... Makes it much more difficult to remove items without an uninstaller, which being an 'automated' process leaves it open to being borked and not uninstalling properly.... This has been talked about extensively and people are adamant about it.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited September 2012

cridgit said:
    ... I don't see how Smart Content can be detrimental to usefulness

More useful ------------------------------^^-------- less usefull ------------------------------- detrimental
    |___ "detrimental to usefulness" |_____"Detrimental, no caveat"

"Detrimental to usefulness" is not = "detrimental"

Specifics in language are important, and I have done my homework.. there has been much discussion by many people on why this does not work for them that I've also found myself. I don't see a reason to belabor what has already been said.

edited September 2012

Btw Cridgit, I don't mean to be too critical of your posts. You are one of the people who are actually doing a *lot* to help make Smart Content more useful. People (I include myself here ofc) don't acknowledge efforts sometimes as much as we should.

Thank You :)

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Porthos1Porthos1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have just bought this product and want to use it in Poser Pro 2014, will there be an update for the vegetation script?

edited December 1969

Porthos1 said:
    I have just bought this product and want to use it in Poser Pro 2014, will there be an update for the vegetation script?

I'm producing those right now. I should have them done in an hour, and I will submit those to DAZ.
    I'll also post them on my web site and provide a link here so that you can already use those...

edited December 1969

WOW!!! That was fast, thanks ever so much. Will look forward to to update - it's a fantastic product!

edited July 2013

Porthos1 said:
    WOW!!! That was fast, thanks ever so much. Will look forward to to update - it's a fantastic product!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
    I checked and the PoserPro2012 scripts (which should be available in the UP downloads) work also with PoserPro2014.
    In any case, here is the .zip file containing those: http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/UP/UP_Poser2014.zip

Here attached a quick render in PPro2014 with the full vegetation deployed through the script: due to the large amount of vegetation and items, the script may take up to 5 minutes to complete loading all the items.

Another suggestion: you might want to enable 'Fast Tracking' so that the interface will be more responsive especially on camera operations.

If you need any further help let me know...

Screen_Shot_2013-07-01_at_4.55_.16_PM_.jpg
    1891 x 1122 - 536K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

Actually this is the Poser render :)

Screen_Shot_2013-07-01_at_5.09_.52_PM_.jpg
    1889 x 1130 - 518K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Any thoughts on updating the Studio scripts to create instances instead of the redundant objects as it currently does?

Thanks

edited July 2013

Yes, as soon the LAMH full version update is released I will update those scripts and bring out some new products currently wip.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

Actually this is the Poser render :)

Thanks for the script, and for the tips, much appreciated! :)