Victoria illuminated

skaubleskauble Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Why is it when one places a model in a dark room the skin seems to glow orange?

Comments

• fonpaolofonpaolo Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

It's the default setting in P9 and P2012, there's an option in the Body, Properties tab to uncheck the "Light emitter" option.

Probably your light setup is incorrect, you don't use GI, Indirect Light, or in your material setting there's something to be lowered, maybe Ambient value, that must be zero.

I can't say what is wrong without knowing what you've done.

• skaubleskauble Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

fonpaolo said:
    It's the default setting in P9 and P2012, there's an option in the Body, Properties tab to uncheck the "Light emitter" option.

Probably your light setup is incorrect, you don't use GI, Indirect Light, or in your material setting there's something to be lowered, maybe Ambient value, that must be zero.

I can't say what is wrong without knowing what you've done.

Good info... I wish I had a Light emitter button :)
    I use Pro 2010 and I'm just talking about lowering the light in it's default setting, firefly render, nothing fancy, V4 default skin.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited September 2012

The light emitter property has nothing to do with that phenomena (just a bad assumption on someones part), light emitter tell the rendering engine whether or not to include that part in IDL calculations

The glow comes from having a non zero value in the "Ambient_Value" and possible something overdriving the "Alternate_Diffuse" channel

Post edited by Medzin on
  • skaubleskauble Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    The light emitter property has nothing to do with that phenomena (just a bad assumption on someones part), light emitter tell the rendering engine whether or not to include that part in IDL calculations

The glow comes from having a non zero value in the "Ambient_Value" and possible something overdriving the "Alternate_Diffuse" channel

Thank you so much. That actually makes sense to me. Ambient is such a delicate little dial I often fight with it. I will check your answer as soon as I can.