Where is the Decimator?

User #2154282User #2154282 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Daz Studio. I'm working with Iclone and wanted to be able to export Characters. Problem when I first downloaded the Daz software I saw the Decimator (serial key) option when I opened the screen.

Then I downloaded the actual Decimator plugin in my Account and then the Serial dissapeared. I looked in the Windows/tabs thinking I would see it there but no luck.

I thought then that I needed to acutally purchase the plugin and so I did just that (was I supposed to?)

So my question is, "Where is the Decimator?"

Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Start up DS, then go to "Help > About Installed Plugins" and put in the serial number for Decimator.

• User #2154282User #2154282 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It says: Plug-In Failed to Load.

Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

When I first Downloaded Daz I saw the Registration for the Decimator. Then when I looked at the downloads in my account I saw the Decimator Link for 64 bit and downloaded it. After loading everything then I looked in the Help/About Installed Plugins" and saw it red.

So what should I do?

edited December 1969

email said:
    It says: Plug-In Failed to Load.

Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

When I first Downloaded Daz I saw the Registration for the Decimator. Then when I looked at the downloads in my account I saw the Decimator Link for 64 bit and downloaded it. After loading everything then I looked in the Help/About Installed Plugins" and saw it red.

So what should I do?

What's the filename of the installer you downloaded?

• User #2154282User #2154282 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ha ha, I figured it out.

I had to totally gut out the program and re-install Daz. Now it shows up, "LIKE A GLOVE!"

Thanks anyways man.

Another quick question while I have your attention.

I model in Maya and Zbrush and I want to create my own cloths for my characters. You'd save me a lot of google time if you could point me in the right direction of which plugins I'd need in Daz to accomplish this.

Thanks Again.

edited December 1969

Do you mean you create morphs, or are you talking about completely new figures?