A Bryce problem

Tobias.BaronTobias.Baron Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I can´t start Bryce cause I´ve got a "side by side configuration" problem. The version is windows 7, 64 bit & Bryce doesn´t run on it. Instead there is the"side by side configuration" message. I´ve heard about "C++2010 Redistributable". Which version of this application could be necessary for me?

Another question. Far away from daz3d. --Could I find here experts in Google Sketch-up???

Who knows how I wrap a complete model in a (diffuse) texture? For example: A model like a car contains many meshes. Is there a possibility to melt all these meshes in one for a texture (a colour), to create a red coloured car with a few clicks in a few seconds?

Thanks
Gracias
Danke

Best regards
Toby

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

A few posts down from your own : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7516/

Some people here do use sketchup I believe, but you would be better posting that question in a seperate thread in The Commons.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The 64-bit operating system ships with the 64-bit version of Visual C++, but Bryce needs the 32-bit version as well. You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited September 2012

I can´t start Bryce cause I´ve got a "side by side configuration" problem. The version is windows 7, 64 bit & Bryce doesn´t run on it. Instead there is the"side by side configuration" message. I´ve heard about "C++2010 Redistributable". Which version of this application could be necessary for me?

Another question. Far away from daz3d. --Could I find here experts in Google Sketch-up???

Who knows how I wrap a complete model in a (diffuse) texture? For example: A model like a car contains many meshes. Is there a possibility to melt all these meshes in one for a texture (a colour), to create a red coloured car with a few clicks in a few seconds?

Thanks
    Gracias
    Danke

Best regards
    Toby

The 32 bit version of the redistributable is the one you want to install since that's the one the 64 bit version of Windows 7 ships without.

As for the Sketch-up question I don't know sketch up but modeling has some commonalities across the board. If you want tires to look like tires, the car paint to look like red car paint, the glass to look like glass and the interior to look like a normal interior with multiple colors and lots of details and only use one texture then the model needs to be texture mapped. Now once a model is mapped then applying a single texture that properly colors all the various componants of the car, would only take a few clicks in a few seconds. It's the mapping the model part that would likely take hours though.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited September 2012

I'm afraid, I'm not an expert. However, I have successfully exported models from Sketch-up and imported them into Bryce. There are many great models in the Google repository and we can make use of them.

Bryce uses procedural materials and textures. Pictures can be used but Bryce is not extremly well equiped for that. If you have a model, you need a program to unwrap it: a UV mapper, if you can import the model in Wings3D, you may be able to create the UV map in Wings3D. A few clicks won't suffice, I'm afraid, and instead of a few seconds, you may end up with a few minutes, if you're lucky, if you're not, it will be a few hours.

Post edited by Horo on