I want to end it all, kind of

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
well actually what i want to do is get myself a brand spanking new version of DS4pro with a virginal content set. In other words start all over.
The reason is that i have screwed things up beyond the powers of my puny brain to repair. If i can get to the point of starting over then i can have a new fresh start.
As usual of course there is a problem. I want to keep the existing, messed up but still usable, with irritation, DS4pro set up that i have and run it alongside the new set up until such time that i am sure the new set up is an adequate replacement.
I think that if i try to download DS4pro again, i wont be able to do so because the existing DS4 will conflict.
Any ideas please

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can't have two versions of DS4 Pro on the same machine, unless you have a dual boot. (two operating systems)

What is messed up exactly. The latest version of DS4P has the content as a different installer to the main app. When you install the latest version it should uninstall the previous version first.

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
    edited December 1969

Hi
    Yeah i thought that was the case. As to whats messed up, i tried with some success to organise my content into some kind of logical arrangement. However i then got a new machine. i use a Mac incidentally, not sure if that is relevant. When i installed DS on the new machine for some reason, probably my error somewhere, a lot of the content was missing. I tried to sort things out by creating a new runtime, well things get really complex i lose track of what i have done, so maybe the best course is for me to start from scratch again. I was hoping i could keep the existing application while i rebuilt my content but it seems not.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If the problem is with content locations rather than the application itself, you CAN have two separate content folders and switch between them using Content Directory Manager.