The Den of the Damned

UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Yeah I could have called it UVDans Render Thread, but where is the fun in that. I spent the last three days trying to learn how to use the hair tools in Carrara 8 Pro. This is where it got me. I am using Mestophales' Manitou character because I do not know how to get Genesis into C8Pro.

Night_of_the_Manitou.jpg
750 x 563 - 86K

Comments

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

One of my photographic collages. God of Thunder.

God_of_Thunder.jpg
    669 x 800 - 83K
    edited December 1969

Unstoppable. All the actors were posed in DAZStudio 4 Pro and then ported to Bryce 7 Pro for the Render. There is a mixture of freebies and products here and I enthusiastically endorse every last one of them. Thanks to Horo and David Brinnen for making such excellent Bryce textures and to Mestophales for the almighty BEO2K.

Unstoppable.jpg
    800 x 600 - 172K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

You are welcome Dan. BTW I really love that little bug spaceship model, I picked that up years ago for free, but I never tire of rendering it.

Deskjunk4_b7b_v5.jpg
    1244 x 700 - 337K
  • MestophalesMestophales Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    Yeah I could have called it UVDans Render Thread, but where is the fun in that. I spent the last three days trying to learn how to use the hair tools in Carrara 8 Pro. This is where it got me. I am using Mestophales' Manitou character because I do not know how to get Genesis into C8Pro.

Using fur height maps will make a difference - I did it with the Brute - may go back and do the Manitou - which will be getting an overhaul hopefully by end of year

edited September 2012

Thanks I used the density map for the height map on this because I was too lazy to paint two of them.

manitou_hair_length_and_density_map2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    Post edited by UVDan on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221
    edited December 1969

You are welcome Dan. BTW I really love that little bug spaceship model, I picked that up years ago for free, but I never tire of rendering it.

Can I ask where that spaceship can be found?

edited September 2012

That was a freebie here at DAZ. I picked it up in 2006 and to my knowledge it is no longer available. It is known as the XK119 Bug. It was modeled by Phillip Drawbridge.

Post edited by UVDan on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If it was in the old freebie archive, then no it is no longer available. If it was one he offered through the Forum freepository, then it may be possilbe to trace it.

Haven't seen Phil around for a while, neither here or over at Rendo, although afaik some of his commercial items are still in the store.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

It looks familiar to me, isn't it included in one of the extra content Bryce Scene files?