Getting rid of a morph.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay, I made some morphs, but then later I went back and improved them, now how do I get rid of the previous morphs.

I go into the Property Editor and select "Remove Properties" and everything looks fine. Then I save the file as a Morph Asset but next time I create a new scene all the old unwanted Morphs are back in there again. Even if I hide them they come back.

How do I kill a morph dead, never to return again in any form, banished from me forever?

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Also, how do I delete or rename Presets in the "Actors, Wardrobe & Props" window?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2012

Okay, I made some morphs, but then later I went back and improved them, now how do I get rid of the previous morphs.

I go into the Property Editor and select "Remove Properties" and everything looks fine. Then I save the file as a Morph Asset but next time I create a new scene all the old unwanted Morphs are back in there again. Even if I hide them they come back.

How do I kill a morph dead, never to return again in any form, banished from me forever?

Well, I go into the real folders and simply delete the morph(s) I made that are no longer wanted. Close/re-open D/S for the changes to show.

.dsf files can be edited in a text editor like Notepad. [at your own risk]

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Also, how do I delete or rename Presets in the "Actors, Wardrobe & Props" window?

From in the program, AFAIK, you don't.

What appears there comes from information in various files. I do not recommend editing files that were purchased or otherwise made available at Daz3d or from other merchants. There's too much involved.

For your own morph creations ... you'll find the pathways are in the files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

If you have updated the morph, make sure it has the same name as the original and in Morph Loader Pro (or on returning from the bridged-to application) make sure you choose to Deltas Only in the overwrite existing option. But a stated, to delete a morph delete the file \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\You\Yourmorphset\Yourmorph.dsf (or the equivalent for whatever figure you are morphing).

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Dredged up this old topic because I have the same question and thought it would be good to keep it with this thread.

I have created a custom morph for a product I am working on, then later realized I didn't want it anymore. I tried deleting it from the main folder in windows, I have tried renaming it, I have tried saving a new morph over it so it is still in my figure, I have tried deleting it through the Property Editor. In all cases the darn stubborn thing keeps coming back. Even when I saved a morph over it and renamed it, I ended up with my new morph AND this old bugger. I've done a computer search to see if anything comes up with the weird name I gave it ("WhatNow") and nothing comes up. I've checked my Library data folder just in case it saved in there (it didn't. I have a separate Content folder for the product in progress). I've even opened the .dsf file to look for a reference in there, and no luck.

What else can I do? I am getting ready to release the file for beta testing and I would rather the empty morph wasn't in there. For now I have it hidden. Since I am planning to release for beta, I would be okay with letting some trustworthy soul take a look at the file.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Dredged up this old topic because I have the same question and thought it would be good to keep it with this thread.

I have created a custom morph for a product I am working on, then later realized I didn't want it anymore. I tried deleting it from the main folder in windows, I have tried renaming it, I have tried saving a new morph over it so it is still in my figure, I have tried deleting it through the Property Editor. In all cases the darn stubborn thing keeps coming back. Even when I saved a morph over it and renamed it, I ended up with my new morph AND this old bugger. I've done a computer search to see if anything comes up with the weird name I gave it ("WhatNow") and nothing comes up. I've checked my Library data folder just in case it saved in there (it didn't. I have a separate Content folder for the product in progress). I've even opened the .dsf file to look for a reference in there, and no luck.

What else can I do? I am getting ready to release the file for beta testing and I would rather the empty morph wasn't in there. For now I have it hidden. Since I am planning to release for beta, I would be okay with letting some trustworthy soul take a look at the file.

Close all the programs. Using the Windows search feature; ask it to find "all" the old file names that you want to get rid of.
    Open the source folders to see where it was hiding what if any files are indeed discovered.
    You may find that D/S made a copy of it to save with a character file. I've deleted entire characters to get rid of 'junk' files.
    Could also have been saved in a scene file.

AFAIK, "any" scene file created 'after' a morph has been added to the pool, 'remembers' them all. I haven't installed 4.6 to see if this is still the case.

edited June 2013

I tried the Windows search already, but I don't know if I had DAZ Studio closed when I did it, so I am trying that now. As for the thing saving in a scene, I tried all of my deletion methods from a brand new scene and it still did not get rid of it. Maybe I need to delete any scenes I saved while having the offending morph existing in the mesh. Off to try these ideas out. Thanks for your suggestions, hopefully one of them will do the trick.

Edit: The Windows search found it this time, but get this... The location where it says the morph was located is actually not showing the morph! Even with "show hidden files" there is nothing. No wonder I couldn't get rid of it.

Edit 2: Deleted the .dsf file, opened DAZ and loaded the figure. It was still there! Darnit. Now I have deleted all 3 working scenes I was using to make the morphs and thumbnails. Doing another search in Windows, even though the morph is not showing in the folder. OK, that is done. The morph won't go away. I'm getting frustrated. Maybe it won't load on someone else's machine.

Post edited by Slosh on
    edited June 2013

Slosh said:
    I tried the Windows search already, but I don't know if I had DAZ Studio closed when I did it, so I am trying that now. As for the thing saving in a scene, I tried all of my deletion methods from a brand new scene and it still did not get rid of it. Maybe I need to delete any scenes I saved while having the offending morph existing in the mesh. Off to try these ideas out. Thanks for your suggestions, hopefully one of them will do the trick.

Edit: The Windows search found it this time, but get this... The location where it says the morph was located is actually not showing the morph! Even with "show hidden files" there is nothing. No wonder I couldn't get rid of it.

Edit 2: Deleted the .dsf file, opened DAZ and loaded the figure. It was still there! Darnit. Now I have deleted all 3 working scenes I was using to make the morphs and thumbnails. Doing another search in Windows, even though the morph is not showing in the folder. OK, that is done. The morph won't go away. I'm getting frustrated. Maybe it won't load on someone else's machine.

That's odd. Maybe a reboot would clear memory? So far I haven't had that particular event happen.

Checked in the data files under your handle? or in there somewhere in another scene folder? I forget exactly where it is the scene files are hidden.

Any chance it got caught up as a morph with a clothing item? If you tried clothing on Genesis with the morph, it could be in that clothing items files somewhere. But the OS search should have found that, however ...

edit: just checked some files ... morphs for Genesis should be found in the data file:
    DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/YourHandle/whatever you named the product

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh! I got rid of it! Seems at some point, when I renamed it "WhatNow" and set its limits to 0% I was unable to find the morph and delete it. Well, kind of. It's original name was "Style Browline" and when I made my new morph, I named it "Style Brow Line", which was so similar that I didn't notice there were two files side by side in the data folder. Just deleted "Browline' and all is good.

edited December 1969

Congrats! :-)