HDR Pro-Sets: Urban Recreation for DAZ Studio Out Now! [Commercial]

123457»

Comments

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I hate to be a drag.....but when are we going to get some more of these wonderful sets?

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited November 2012

I am hoping to have more for you guys before long, but as you may know I'm currently in the process of moving and there is much to take care of on that front. I'm currently tossing around a fun idea that you guys might enjoy next month though. A sort of small, celebratory expansion :)

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

How about a couple of you guys out there help him move? I would help....but I have a hernia.

• WhiteHSEWhiteHSE Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi Jeffrey, i am a huge fan and have bought lots of you're products.. however I'm having a couple of issues with the latest product HDR Pro Sets Monterey. problem is im not really getting the finished results i thought i would... obviously I'm comparing with the tut on the previous HDR set. now this is probably something I'm doing wrong to to being used to playing with reality and I'm just coming back to Uber due to this not working with reality.. is there some other settings i need to adjust to see better shadows effects than im getting... please help :P

edited December 1969

Can you post an example of the issue you're having? The shadow catcher for Monterey does actually load separately, you'll find the preset there with the others. I did this to make it a bit easier and faster to line things up in your scene, rather than first having to disable the shadow catching plane to see the ground.

• dgoddendgodden Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Good Morning jeffrey,
    I have purchased your product, Urban recreation, and after loading the TRX file ,( Ibelieve, in 3 seperate files) into Daz 4.5. I'm simply not able to see a preview of the file I'm opening like i would wilth Skies or terra. Either one one 2 things happen so far. The preview backround will pull a pattern from something else open in the file such as a fabric or skin texture. Upun trying to render, it will show the proper backround but without preview.. You can't (steer) to where you desire the set to go. Can you help me or do I need to load the legacy version or some other option? I only bought the first of your products a week or 2 ago and that worked pretty flawlessy. Can you help me with this ..Thanks
    Dave

edited December 1969

I'm sorry for the trouble! It seems to me like an issue with missing install files but the part about it using other textures from the scene is odd. Can you look at the material for my skydome in the scenes that are loading incorrectly, and see if the diffuse map is there? My best guess (aside from not having all the install files) would be there's issue with the graphics card displaying the texture. These background textures are very big and may possibly be taking too much video memory for your PC to display, depending on what you have.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm, the set is very good. But I need more of these backgrounds. Not sure how busy you are, or if the set didn't sell that good - but <*tap tap tapping impatiently*> any progress/plans of adding more???

edited December 1969

Hmm, the set is very good. But I need more of these backgrounds. Not sure how busy you are, or if the set didn't sell that good - but <*tap tap tapping impatiently*> any progress/plans of adding more???

I actually have every intent on going to Yosemite this month for this reason, I'm just waiting to see how finances turn out and how I'm feeling as I've been under the weather lately. Hopefully I will have some beautiful landscapes for people to make use of before long!

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I haven't read all the posts here, but I am hoping your poser version when it comes out will be mac compatible. Normal poser content works fine in mac without any conversions needed, so unless it has a kind of UI interface or python scripts with tkinter or something it should work.
    If you want me to test I'm on [email protected]

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited April 2013

I actually have every intent on going to Yosemite this month for this reason, I'm just waiting to see how finances turn out and how I'm feeling as I've been under the weather lately. Hopefully I will have some beautiful landscapes for people to make use of before long!

And is Monterey Set already:

http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-monterey

I haven't read all the posts here, but I am hoping your poser version when it comes out will be mac compatible. Normal poser content works fine in mac without any conversions needed, so unless it has a kind of UI interface or python scripts with tkinter or something it should work.
    If you want me to test I'm on [email protected]

It appears to have Poser presets, as does the Urban Pro Set.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks, I didn't see the poser compatibility when I looked this AM.
    Good. It's in my cart.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    barbult said:
    DavidGB, how do you line up the distant light correctly?

If my head ever clears so I can think, I'm sure there's a simple way of working out the rotations of the light from the UV coordinates for it in the .ibl metadata file for the set (under the RGB values for the sunlight colour).

As I mostly can't think straight (combination of permanent pain, brain fog from permanent high-power prescription pain medication, and lack of sleep due to the pain) I just cheat. Created a primitive cube, scaled it into a thin pole long enough to go through the skydome, zeroed the rotation and trans of the distant light, rotated the pole onto the 'back' (non-pointy end) of the distant light, in line with it, parented the pole to the distant light .... then just rotated the distant light until the pole was poking through the middle of the sun on the skydome, at which point the distant light is also aligned with the sun on the skydome. That's another of those things that took longer to type than actualy to do. (Saved the pole as a prop in the appropriate folder so can just load, parent to light, rotate to pont through sun in future.)

It strikes me that the sIBL system is supposed to be software independent, with other people then creating scripts or plugins to use the sIBL sets (including the metadata) to load them into particular CGI applications, such as the loaders already existing for Lightwave, Maya and a few other apps. Now, I don't write script for DS, let alone plugins. But it seems to me that it should certainly be possible, if not relatively easy, for someone to write a script to load the sIBL sets in DS. Just needs a skydome of the right mapping, like DTs ... or is there a default one that comes with the Omnifreaker stuff that's in all DS installs? An sIBL loader script (or perhaps plugin, but I'd prefer a script if one would do) is something I'd certainly pay a bit for.

Thanks for these tips, once we have a set up we like can we save it so that it loads everything in? I've never really played around with this stuff, but I need some more variety until the next hdr set appears in the store.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606

I LOVE the HDR Pro-Set:Urban Rec. I like the way it renders and the one click ability.

I am having real trouble with Yosemite Pack 2. I t doesn't seem to have the same one click ability and it doesn't seem to be set up the same way as Urban rec.

http://www.daz3d.com/hdr-prosets-yosemite-pack-two

I was hoping to use the road scene from the promo pic, but there seems to be no CAR file for it and there are only lights and maybe background.

How do I get the road from the promo ad to show up?

Am I missing something?

I'm using C7Pro on Windows XP

Thanks

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    tsarist said:

I LOVE the HDR Pro-Set:Urban Rec. I like the way it renders and the one click ability.

I am having real trouble with Yosemite Pack 2. I t doesn't seem to have the same one click ability and it doesn't seem to be set up the same way as Urban rec.

I was hoping to use the road scene from the promo pic, but there seems to be no CAR file for it and there are only lights and maybe background.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Go to your Product Library in your Account here. Filter for the Product's name. There is a separate download for Carrara. 

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    Tjohn said:
    tsarist said:

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Go to your Product Library in your Account here. Filter for the Product's name. There is a separate download for Carrara. 

That's the one I downloaded.

I'm not getting the right results