College Age G3F

edited February 2016 in Product Suggestions

I'm doing a comic about college. But all of the G3F girls look more like 30 (or fit,healthy 40) with the current morphs, skins, and hair.

As an example, they look more like Heidi Klum than Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner.

The G3F morphs down to early teen and kids, and that is cool. But when you have 35-year-old looking college students it is a problem. 

When rendering the new characters vs. my seven year old V4's, the old stuff looks better. It doesn't pose better and the clothes don't fit as well, but some V4 morphs from that era look like college. Hope someone can fix that. I will buy it.

Post edited by bueller1998_df4ca4b697 on

Comments

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 774
    edited February 2016

I see a bunch of G3F girls who are sad and crying, because you hurt their feelings.  Please try to be more sensitive, or they will sue you for age discrimination.  Also, since when are Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid college students?  And remember, you are never to old for higher education!!

Post edited by nakamuram002 on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

The G3F morphs down to early teen and kids, and that is cool. But when you have 35-year-old looking college students it is a problem. 

never heard of long-time-students? laugh

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

BTW, I have no problem to let my G3F AVA look like 18 or 20 or 25

• edited February 2016

Dragonstorm, to me it looks like G3F looks either 14 or a sexy 35. It may be my lacking skill, but the forehead eyes and cheeks look a lot wider that my favorite V4 stuff. And yes, I get theat V4 has been out longer, and there is more available.

Anyway, I am looking forward to some artists making some real college girls.. not 14-year-olds or 35-year-olds whearing Schoolgirl uniforms.

I am doing a college comic and the G3F girls look really off.

I've enclosed a 3Delight render. To the left is a G3F with a blocky head, 75% V7. To the right is V4 with Adrianna head by Rebelmommy.

Is it just me that is disappinted with the G3F head?

Render test 3delight 008.png
    1144 x 882 - 1M
    Post edited by bueller1998_df4ca4b697 on
  • Looking at just the faces, they could both pass for college-age women.  I prefer the G3F, as she has more facial detail.  Maybe you are equating the facial detail with age?  Also, the pants suit on G3F definitely makes her look like older.  Dress them in similar clothing, please.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2016

The breasts on the left character look odd; too pointy. Her cheekbones also look a bit pronounced but that could be ethnicity, as they do vary. Shape is important but so too is skin; many of the skin textures used look to be from older or sun-aged people. So choose textures with care. Many folks avoid sunbathing, if they are caucasion (no idea if others do), due to risk.

Nails - manicured nails are not universal on college age - I presume you're meaning 18-22?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • I think if you exclude the Daz Originals, most of the G3F figures actually do look like they are in their early twenties, except for Rayn and Skyler from 3D Universe, which are from 9 to 13.

• Here is a V4 surrrounded by two G3F's... Summer on the left and Natasha on the right.

The circumference of the G3F's heads, especially around the cheeks, foreheads and eyes looks larger, and imo it makes the characters look more like 28-30 than 20-22.

Am I the only one who sees this?  Or am I imagining things or suffering from OCD perfectionism? 

lol

Three Characters Test For Daz upload.png
    1144 x 882 - 1M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

College students can be any age and have no one particular look. Most Americans look pretty mature and also vary a lot in age and weight.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

My Son was a University student at the same time as his youngest daughter was first going to high school,  

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited February 2016

Here is a V4 surrrounded by two G3F's... Summer on the left and Natasha on the right.

The circumference of the G3F's heads, especially around the cheeks, foreheads and eyes looks larger, and imo it makes the characters look more like 28-30 than 20-22.

Am I the only one who sees this?  Or am I imagining things or suffering from OCD perfectionism? 

lol

Well, maybe... OCD has many faces... ;-)

Sorry, but where in both pictures do you see a 28-30-years-old? I see girls around 16-18. If these are women in their late twenties, the college girls you mean should be wearing pampers. ;-) The only thing I find remarkable are the typical horrible V4-elbows and arms. I am happy that this problem has been fixed from the first Genesis generation on.

But concerning age, I often wonder about people's perceptions. E.g., Teen Josie7 looks to me like a 7-years-old with the body of a 13-years-old, but most people who wrote about this figure here say she looks like 12 or 13. Which perception is right? Is there any 'right' or 'wrong' perception? I think I should watch 'Rashomon' again... ;-)

Post edited by caravelle on
  • caravelle said:

Here is a V4 surrrounded by two G3F's... Summer on the left and Natasha on the right.

lol

Well, maybe... OCD has many faces... ;-)

Sorry, but where in both pictures do you see a 28-30-years-old? I see girls around 16-18. If these are women in their late twenties, the college girls you mean should be wearing pampers. ;-) The only thing I find remarkable are the typical horrible V4-elbows and arms. I am happy that this problem has been fixed from the first Genesis generation on.

But concerning age, I often wonder about people's perceptions. E.g., Teen Josie7 looks to me like a 7-years-old with the body of a 13-years-old, but most people who wrote about this figure here say she looks like 12 or 13. Which perception is right? Is there any 'right' or 'wrong' perception? I think I should watch 'Rashomon' again... ;-)

I agree; in fact, to me, the two G3F based characters remind me a lot of two 19 year old female cousins of mine. I'll reserve judgement on Josie 7 until I get her. smiley

• Thanks for the responses Serene night, Chohole, and Caravelle.

Cholhole said,

Chohole said:

My Son was a University student at the same time as his youngest daughter was first going to high school,  

Grats on your son, Chohole, doing what it takes and getting his degree and setting an example for the next generation!

Yes,  He is now BSc and M.Ed

Ok,  Put an age on this Lass

donna face.jpg
    264 x 280 - 94K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,148

I guess 22

• Chohole said:

Yes,  He is now BSc and M.Ed

That is so great!!!!! Sounds like he is making a difference in people's lives and that is so cool. I work for a charity that helps people recover from mental illness and reintegrate into society.

Chohole said:

Ok,  Put an age on this Lass

In general women are hard to guess an age. 

So I plead the 5th before I get myself in more trouble. If she is 14 or 50 it wouldn't shock me. She looks like a normal, healthy, pretty young woman.

The Victoria line of model is kinda based on fashion models/super models.

So even though I have asserted the 5th, here is my...

Open mouth insert foot:

Heidi Klum is a gorgeous 40+ 2016.  But her face looked different in her 1998 appearence on the sitcom "Spin City" episode she guest starred in than it does now.

Women are beautiful in all shapes, sizes, and ages. They just remade Barbie, which is a great and horrible thing for young girls... and a PC outrage to some. They still have Barbie and Average Barbie which gives girls two images to compare themselvs to, side by side. Isn't that worse?

But I am doing a spoof on "perfect" (with a very sarcastic quote on perfect) sorority girls and I don't want my girls to visually appear 30-ish on closeups... or like they might still be in Junior High. IMO, G3F does one or the other in the current basic shape of the G3F head and the current morphs in the short time G3F and V7 has existed. The forehead and cheeks are too broad wihich give the appearance of age which could other come in skin and other aging factors.

It's quite different than V3, which IMO was more like 70's pointy feature Barbie, but not what V4 heads did for realism.

Anyway, that is just my terribley stupid opinion as I am shooting for a specific look for a production situation.

Maybe as time goes on, a lot more character morphs will exist and I will once again be happy and no longer feel the need to buy Daz products, and my bank account will rise once again!

But alas, for now, I am stuck with 3d models that refuse to comply with my need for perfectionism.

Alas (again)

• Honestly most GF3 girls look mid 20's to me, compare to GF2 which look early 20's to late teens. I think your troubled by the details in the faces. the less details, i.e. pores, eye lines, spots, the younger a woman looks. Try using a more stylized texture that has less details and see if there is a difference.

• Here is a V4 surrrounded by two G3F's... Summer on the left and Natasha on the right.

lol

All look 18-22 yrs old to me.  Of course I'm 61 so anyone under 60 looks and IS young!!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Images of college students are available on campus websites. Check out the associated student section to see what most students look like.

College women aren't typically that baby faced. That is more a teen thing. They do not typically have big eyes or collogen enhanced lips unless this is beverly hills. What says college to me, is less about the physical shape, but more in the clothing style, and outfits the character is wearing. Depending on the region, students could dress a variety of ways, but most would look less formally dressed than adults.

lol

All look 18-22 yrs old to me.  Of course I'm 61 so anyone under 60 looks and IS young!!

Younger, not young; I'm younger than you, but older than others; this is fact. :)

Old and Young are opinions. They change with the times, and are subject to regional variations as well. Then there's the language that calls a young woman (late teens to mid twenties) a young girl, whereas to me a young girl is - at her oldest - a tween (who coined that term?). surprise

I'm doing a comic about college. But all of the G3F girls look more like 30 (or fit,healthy 40) with the current morphs, skins, and hair.

As an example, they look more like Heidi Klum than Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner.

When rendering the new characters vs. my seven year old V4's, the old stuff looks better. It doesn't pose better and the clothes don't fit as well, but some V4 morphs from that era look like college. Hope someone can fix that. I will buy it.

All you can do really, is produce what you think is college age - a number (and possible a vocal number) will disagree. :)

barbult said:

I guess 22

She was actually just 17 when the photo was taken. My son's stepdaughter. 

In general women are hard to guess an age. 

So I plead the 5th before I get myself in more trouble. If she is 14 or 50 it wouldn't shock me. She looks like a normal, healthy, pretty young woman.

The Victoria line of model is kinda based on fashion models/super models.

Was why I thought she was a good example. She doesn't go out of the way to makee too much of herself, uses very little make up, tends to scrag her hair back tightly into a ponytail and, although very photogenic, has always tended to look older than she actually is, especially in photos.

• When I was in HighSchool, the sister of one of my boyfriends was 12, yet she looked like an 18 year old.  When I was in my 30s, I would get carded at many places.  I was 10 yrs old when I started puberty and rounded out quite quickly.  There is a range between teen and 30s where defining age by how someone looks is just purely subjective.  

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

When I was in my 30s, I would get carded at many places.

That happened to me all the time too.

My favorite case was a few years ago: my little brothers, 9 years younger than me, had just turned 18 at that time. We stopped at a bar to drink a beer, and guess who got carded? ^^

• Leana said:

When I was in my 30s, I would get carded at many places.

That happened to me all the time too.

My favorite case was a few years ago: my little brothers, 9 years younger than me, had just turned 18 at that time. We stopped at a bar to drink a beer, and guess who got carded? ^^

No guessing needed. My mom and I stopped at a "bar" for dinner once; I was around 19 and she's 20 years older than I am. She got carded; I didn't. But then, a lot of folks have often mistaken us for either siblings or spouses. wink

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2016
    nicstt said:
     (late teens to mid twenties) a young girl, whereas to me a young girl is - at her oldest - a tween (who coined that term?). surprise

Someone on Facebook, Twitter or in marketing (or most likely, all of the above).

Try this for 'worse'...tweenager.

And it seems to actually trace it's roots back to the 1940s or so.  And in another context, it is attributed to Tolkien.  But it seems to be rather modern in appeal and usage, because 'boy' and 'girl' are just too old-fashioned or something.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited February 2016
    mjc1016 said:
    nicstt said:
     (late teens to mid twenties) a young girl, whereas to me a young girl is - at her oldest - a tween (who coined that term?). surprise

Someone on Facebook, Twitter or in marketing (or most likely, all of the above).

Try this for 'worse'...tweenager.

And it seems to actually trace it's roots back to the 1940s or so.  And in another context, it is attributed to Tolkien.  But it seems to be rather modern in appeal and usage, because 'boy' and 'girl' are just too old-fashioned or something.

They work though, of course depending on context they age of a girl can be about 3 to 63.

tweenager - /shudder.

Tolkien? I've read (I think all the background books - although its years ago now) and don't remember it. Then again, teenager is - I understand - a fairly recent additon; last century; and meant to seperate childhood from adulthood.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Tolkien referred to the twenty-something hobbits as in their 'tweens', because hobbits reached their majority at the age of 31.  Referring to people as being in their 'teens' as a purely mathematical description goes back centuries, apparently, although we think of it as a modern usage.

• The G3F pictures posted look like women in their 20's to me, but that isn't really important.

If the way your G3F characters look out of the box doesn't match with your artistic vision of how you want your characters to look, change them. Get twiddling dials and tweaking textures until they look the way you want them to. The "growing up for g3" product already linked will give you some additional and useful dials to turn in pursuit of your goal, btw.