Using Morphing Clothes to add V4 morphs

BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello-

I've created a dress for V4, rigged in D/S4 pro 4.0.3.47. (Win 7, 64-bit x86)

Now, I'm trying to add some character morphs, such as bodybuilder, hipsSize, et al.

I've got Morphing Clothes by Dimension 3D v1.3.

Loaded the V4 in MC's Figure tab. Injected Morphs++ for her. Selected the BodyBuilder morph.

Loaded my dress CR2 in the Clothing Tab.

Under Transfer tab, I kept the defaults, chose Insert into new copy of clothing file, and designated the file name, path, etc.

Hit Transfer. The Program churns seemingly okay.

Load up V4 in D/S. Inject Morph++. Load the new CR2 and Fit to V4.

Spin the BodyBuilder dial of V4.

And... nothing! :shut:

On closer examination, the new CR2 show(s) no morph(s) in the Parameters tab of D/S, which doesn't seem right to me. I would think the BodyBuilder morph would be listed there.

If I load the CR2 in the Clothing tab of MC, it does show the BodyBuilder morph there, along with "widenX" and "widenZ".

I surely am missing something!

Thanks for reading and any advice, enlightenment, directional push, tutorial, hint, face slap, shoulder shake...

I have read the manual over and over but still can't figure what I'm missing.

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

First thing to try is load it into an empty scene and see if the dial shows up in the parameters tab, if it does then it looks like it "super conforms" when you "Fit to" V4 which would hide it to most users.

Next is to spin the dial to see if it works, if it doesn't you need to select a body part of the dress and check if the dial for that body part is there and working, if it works then your ERC code is either missing or broken.

If no dials show up then it's time to start over.

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    First thing to try is load it into an empty scene and see if the dial shows up in the parameters tab, if it does then it looks like it "super conforms" when you "Fit to" V4 which would hide it to most users.

Next is to spin the dial to see if it works, if it doesn't you need to select a body part of the dress and check if the dial for that body part is there and working, if it works then your ERC code is either missing or broken.

If no dials show up then it's time to start over.

Thanks again, Bejaymac!

You've nailed a part of it for me. While it doesn't show up as an overall parameter, I'd forgotten about checking within the body parts, and when I did, there indeed was the dial.

Unfortunately, spinning it (in a fresh, empty scene) made it look like the dress broke out in a bad case of mumps rather than the expected result. And it still doesn't conform after adding V4, not even as the mumps.

So I'm still doing something wrong. I'll have to try something else. I just can't seem to get MC to work for me, at least on this particular dress (this dress is fighting me every step of the way!).

I also have CrossDresser. I'll give it a whirl at this and see what happens.

Fingers crossed. I'll report back if I have success. Or failure.

Thanks again!

edited December 1969

The bad case of the mumps sounds like MC did what it usually does, gives you a skintight morph that follows every curve of the original morph, V4's bodybuilder morph is quite "lumpy" which could explain the "mumps".

By "And it still doesn’t conform" I take it you mean the morph doesn't "follow" V4's morph when you dial it, it wont not without a valueParm (Body dial) and properly coded ERC in the body part dials (targetGeom). It's the valueParm in the conformer that "super conforms" to the dial in the figure, they need the same internal code name, in this case FBMBodyBuilder, it's the ERC code that's linked to the valueParm that causes the body part dials to spin.

edited September 2012

Bejaymac said:
    The bad case of the mumps sounds like MC did what it usually does, gives you a skintight morph that follows every curve of the original morph, V4's bodybuilder morph is quite "lumpy" which could explain the "mumps".

By "And it still doesn’t conform" I take it you mean the morph doesn't "follow" V4's morph when you dial it, it wont not without a valueParm (Body dial) and properly coded ERC in the body part dials (targetGeom). It's the valueParm in the conformer that "super conforms" to the dial in the figure, they need the same internal code name, in this case FBMBodyBuilder, it's the ERC code that's linked to the valueParm that causes the body part dials to spin.

Correct, it doesn't follow V4's morph dialings.

Just for kicks, I tried one more time on a different computer with a fresh install of Morphing Clothes. Same result. I wouldn't think there was something up with my dress to keep the super conforms dial out. I did have an existing morph in the dress already. Curiously, that one has gone missing.

Thanks for the detailed explanations! I've got a lot to learn.

Here's a screen cap of the lumps. I set the dial from the chest to about 140%.

MC_Bodybuilder_morph.jpg
    614 x 733 - 39K
    Post edited by Bagboy on
    edited December 1969

OUCH, no those aren't what I thought you meant, is your mesh welded as 4.0 does that to morphs made on an unwelded mesh (it's "fixed" in 4.5).

edited September 2012

Bejaymac said:
    OUCH, no those aren't what I thought you meant, is your mesh welded as 4.0 does that to morphs made on an unwelded mesh (it's "fixed" in 4.5).

Hello Bejaymac!

I'm pretty sure it's welded. It was all one OBJ when I made it in Hexagon, but otherwise I wouldn't know how to tell.

But, I'm happy to report that CrossDresser (XD Morpher by EvilInnocence)did the job in this case! All the morphs I transferred seem to now be operating as expected!

Problem solved!

Thanks again for your time and advice! You helped me figure out what should and should not be expected in this part of the process.

MCBodybuilderMorph.jpg
    682 x 854 - 45K
    Post edited by Bagboy on