"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To the ETO staff... The selection of PhilC's stuff this month is going to cause problems with some of the rules. First, is that little of his stuff works with D|S as it involves Poser Dynamics or Miki3. Second, since his stuff is Poser specific, it is going to require the use of Alyson or Miki3 (requiring at least that "paid for").

With this in mind, it might be a good idea to expand the "no count" to include those Poser characters as was done for the Cyclorama last month.

Kendall

I think this might be more a decision for the host rather than the ETO's.
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited September 2012

Krissy said:
    Kendall, all of PhilC props have just textures. many props on his archive site was done for poser 4-5, so shoudn't do a lot of problems :)
    Besides he has some items for Antonia, that is a free figure.

Oh yes NAE's as well :)
    Gonna work on a banner today.. what should be the size again? I have really ni head for numbers...

PhilC's stuff may require you to actually "use" your program. His props work fine in DS. I have a lot of them, but for some of the other stuff, DS users may have to get creative. Poser users, this is your time!...lol. DS users, let's see what you can do with it, after all, this IS a challenge.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited September 2012

BWSman said:
    To the ETO staff... The selection of PhilC's stuff this month is going to cause problems with some of the rules. First, is that little of his stuff works with D|S as it involves Poser Dynamics or Miki3. Second, since his stuff is Poser specific, it is going to require the use of Alyson or Miki3 (requiring at least that "paid for").

With this in mind, it might be a good idea to expand the "no count" to include those Poser characters as was done for the Cyclorama last month.

Kendall

I think this might be more a decision for the host rather than the ETO's.

ok...here is what we will do, we will allow Miki and Allison as "no counts" for this month specifically, if your choice of PhilC's item requires the use of them ONLY. Hope this makes it easier. After all these characters will load into DS, you just can't use any morphs, but you can pose them and render them.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

sounds good to me, having poser I don't have problems with Phil's stuff, I also had to re do my computer the other day and now it will take me forever to get poser back up with all my files again. I'll be out of the competition for a while

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kendall, look at it differently - shaders wil bounce the freevie count ;)

Thank you music.. you know very well I would not dare to make a decision without your imput into it :D

jeeperz.. poor, poor thing.. I ma still in the dark since y last crash, like half of year ago.. I install stuff when I actually use it ;) Thou it is really confusing.. sometimes I am loking for something that I ma sure I had in the flder, and then .. ergg.. didn't instal it yet ...

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    And also I will ask for judges... otherwise I will wield the absolute power *evil laugh*

I can judge, although you might not get my picks until the evening of October 1... and my knowledge of modern TV outside of Japanese cartoons is somewhat lacking.
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Krissy said:
    And also I will ask for judges... otherwise I will wield the absolute power *evil laugh*

I can judge, although you might not get my picks until the evening of October 1... and my knowledge of modern TV outside of Japanese cartoons is somewhat lacking.

Ok, so we have our first vic.. errm volounteer :D
    Just a quick question rob, what time zone you are in? So I will not bug you in the middle of the night ;)

Oh and here.. google's your friend :) :P

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

HAPPY TV DAYS REVISITED

First of at least two quick(ish) NAEs

First one has Tink's Cafe by seachnasaigh (offered in the Freepository in May 2010)
    1955 Lincoln Futura (Bat)Mobile by drunkendragon (Heromorph)
    Stone Age Car by Bionic Rooster (Renderosity Xmas 2011)
    Monkee Mobile by Music2u4u (October 2011 Freebie Challenge prize)

HappyDaysA01.jpg
    1200 x 755 - 83K
    edited September 2012

Krissy, I would like to donate a few of my models to the winners. To the three top winners, I will donate my 60's camper. All the doors and windows open and close, also the cabnets and drawers. To the two HMs I will donate my tomb. The doors open and the sarcophagus inside is a seperate object. The lid comes off it too. Perfect to use for the annual "Monster Mash Halloween Bash" , the October challenge.

here are some peeks.

TheTomb2Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 218K
    TheTomb1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 316K
    Camper3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 222K
    Camper2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 167K
    Camper1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 374K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Krissy, I would like to donate a few of my models to the winners. To the three top winners, I will donate my 60's camper. All the doors and windows open and close, also the cabnets and drawers. To the two HMs I will donate my tomb. The doors open and the sarcophagus inside is a seperate object. The lid comes off it too. Perfect to use for the annual "Monster Mash Halloween Bash" , the October challenge.

here are some peeks.

Well, that's a none too subtle plug...Hey, speaking of the October Challenge (probably my most favorite of the year) who's free stuff are we using? I'm drawing a blank on what to do this month so I though maybe if I got a head start on next month it might clear me up a little to do this month. Sorry, but it's the way I work...a real lack of focus...

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

Great theme for this month Krissy.

I have a wide screen HDTV, satellite dish, cable and other equipment and I am not afraid to use any of it.

If it was not for TV I would not get my mid day nap. Without infomercials I could not fall asleep at night. You can even learn a second language such as Japanese thanks to subtitled Anime. Although, that would be easier if those cute Manga girls didn't distract you from the reading.

I have watched TV from the first showing of Howdy Doody shown in color to the latest episode of Lost Girl ( thank goodness, no subtitles )

The only problem will be deciding which show to render.

Not to take anything from this month, but to Lord Ganthor's comment on October.

As this appears to be Music's favorite month, I would like to have his four plus pages on ShareGC as vender of the month. And maybe he would allow past challenge prizes to qualify.

It would also be cool if the thing hand had a left hand partner with long slender fingers, polished nails and a box of her own with a pink pad inside.

• edited September 2012

I was wondering... did anyone prefer the Dan Curtis original or
    Metro-Goldwyn-Meter's 1991 remake of "Dark Shadows"?

:-/

The TV shows. Not the movie.

>:-(

However, "House of Dark Shadows" is A-okay.

Post edited by stinker4_1_f92cde577f on
    edited December 1969

Music.. gorgeous thank you very much :D I really like this tomb.. would be nice to spend eternity there

dlee.. go ahead ;) There is no limit on entries. just go with the flow ( infomercial ae not included, sorry ;) )
    Guys.. I got swamped yesterday and will be catching up today. .sorry about that..

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    HaHa I fooled you. Didn't stick this one to the wall, because now we have threads bumping normally. So it is back to normal, so people have to post to keep it up at the top , just like it used to be. I shall unstick the last one some time soon as well.

I am wicked like that, get carried away with all these super powers I have, (or pots of glue solvent anyway.) :coolgrin:

was just getting used to not having to keep this one on the first page, now ya gonna make us work for it huh cho????

edited December 1969

I was wondering... did anyone prefer the Dan Curtis original or
    Metro-Goldwyn-Meter's 1991 remake of "Dark Shadows"?

:-/

The TV shows. Not the movie.

>:-(

However, "House of Dark Shadows" is A-okay.

the original was my favorite.... the new ones just don't have the same thought that the original had. Victoria Winters is not the same, and don't get me stated about Barnabas (is that how it's spelled?)

edited December 1969

love the trailer music and the tomb rocks.

• edited September 2012

The original was my favorite…. the new ones just don’t have the same thought that the original had. Victoria Winters is not the same, and don’t get me stated about Barnabas (is that how it’s spelled?)

Yeah, Johnathan Frid (God bless his soul) was truly one-of-a-kind... and yes, that is
    the correct spelling of Barnabas.

I miss such shows like The NBC Mystery Movie, which openings that bring on the nostalgia. :)

Columbo, Herc Ramesy, McMillian & Wife, Banachek, McCloud, and, (takes off his hat) The Rockford Files.

:coolsmile:

Man... no wonder DVDs of those shows are so special to those who love them. :lol:

Post edited by stinker4_1_f92cde577f on
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited September 2012

I really wasn't into Dark Shadows, I'd get home from school in time to watch the last 10 mins or so.
    The one thing I do notice is that the current crop of writers & directors just don't "get it", they don't get the tone or feeling of the early TV shows.
    Very few current shows have quality writing. It's not the actor's fault that the show sucks!
    Put the blame on the producers & network. :P
    That is why I watch little current network TV. Mostly, whatever my mom has on when I walk into the front room.
    My sisters brought over all their old VHS tapes when they went DVD, plus I have a large number of tapes & disks myself.
    And all the copys my brother made of rental DVDs.
    So mom has a lot to choose from when she wants to watch something.
    Gerry

Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Hi Krissy and everyone! :)
    Here is my prize for all who're going to enter September 2012 Freebie Contest at DAZ.
    (I'll PM Krissy the link).

Have a great day/night everyone!
    -Teresa Tyllo :)

+tyllo_preview.jpg
    535 x 594 - 187K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

For those of us who grew up in the late 1950s and early 1960s, there was only one Superman, George Reeves. For that generation, he simply was Superman and all those who followed weren't. That is not to imply that Christopher Reeve (of three theatrical films), Dean Cain (of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman), Tom Welling (of Smallville), Brandon Routh (of Superman Returns) or even Henry Cavill in Man of Steel aren't Superman. Each are good in their own particular way and define The Man of Tomorrow for their own particular generation. But for me, no matter who may play the part, George Reeves will be forever etched in my mind as the ultimate superhero.

1.) Alex M4 Head Morph. Registration Required.

2.) Super Suit for M4 Registration Required.

3.) Charlie for M4 Skin Texture. Registration Required.

4.) Captain Hair Registration Required.

5.) Brace for A3 Cape Only. Registration Required.

6.) Money Registration Required.

7.) 100 Superhero Poses for the Mil4 Figures Registration Requried.

8.) Attache Case 14th Row from Top, 2nd Item.*

9.) Michael 3 Base

10.) Casablanca Suit for M3 Scroll Down for Link.

11.) Texture for Casablanca Suit Under Textures, 2nd Row, 1st Item.

12.) All Back Hair Go to Downloads on Left, 2nd Item.

13.) Walther P-38 26th from Top.

* Indicates item required for this challenge.

As always, figure and prop set-up in Studio 2.3 with final render in Bryce 5.5. Full color render desaturated to black and white (just like I saw them in the early 1960s!) in Photoshop. Inclusion of signature and copyright notice is the only postwork. The color of the Captain's Hair was darkened in Photoshop to more match the character. And, yes, I know that the head morph doesn't look anything like George Reeves, but since we weren't doing look-a-likes and I needed something sort of heroic, this seemed to fit the bill.

SUPERMAN.jpg
    450 x 625 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Teresa.. Just Pm'ed you back,.. silly me didn't saw it here ;)

Will sned it out today afternoon, when my son has TV time :)

edited December 1969

For those of us who grew up in the late 1950s and early 1960s, there was only one Superman, George Reeves. For that generation, he simply was Superman and all those who followed weren't. That is not to imply that Christopher Reeve (of three theatrical films), Dean Cain (of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman), Tom Welling (of Smallville), Brandon Routh (of Superman Returns) or even Henry Cavill in Man of Steel aren't Superman. Each are good in their own particular way and define The Man of Tomorrow for their own particular generation. But for me, no matter who may play the part, George Reeves will be forever etched in my mind as the ultimate superhero.

9.) Michael 3 Base

As always, figure and prop set-up in Studio 2.3 with final render in Bryce 5.5. Full color render desaturated to black and white (just like I saw them in the early 1960s!) in Photoshop. Inclusion of signature and copyright notice is the only postwork. The color of the Captain's Hair was darkened in Photoshop to more match the character. And, yes, I know that the head morph doesn't look anything like George Reeves, but since we weren't doing look-a-likes and I needed something sort of heroic, this seemed to fit the bill.

Ah cool .. I grew up in 80's and I remember this one ;)
    And yes we do not have to do look alikes :)
    All freebies are checked, all nicely visable, and there is a PhilC required item.. thou I am not sure about desaturating ... I will wait for musics input in that ( please do not yell at me ;) )

edited December 1969

Hi Krissy and everyone! :)
    Here is my prize for all who're going to enter September 2012 Freebie Contest at DAZ.
    (I'll PM Krissy the link).

Have a great day/night everyone!
    -Teresa Tyllo :)

those are great teresa thanks

edited December 1969

9.) Michael 3 Base

being of that era (damn I feel old now) I remember watching it, not in reruns, George Reeves is still superman to me, the others did a good job, but like Dark Shadows, the remakes are just never as good. I did like Chris Reeves though.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

here are some peeks.

Well, that's a none too subtle plug...Hey, speaking of the October Challenge (probably my most favorite of the year) who's free stuff are we using? I'm drawing a blank on what to do this month so I though maybe if I got a head start on next month it might clear me up a little to do this month. Sorry, but it's the way I work...a real lack of focus...

After many PMs on who I should pick, I have decided to go with Francemi, in her honor. She deserves a big month. Robkelk wants to honor me in November (I had nothing to do with that). So Oct-Francemi, Nov- Music2u4u. I have reserved Dec. for our own Chohole. Her stuff suits the Christmas spirit quite well. That is the schedule.

I will be taking requests for next year. If you have someone, let me know. They must be a well known giver, and they must be a Daz mamber to qualify.

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

9.) Michael 3 Base

All freebies are checked, all nicely visable, and there is a PhilC required item.. thou I am not sure about desaturating ... I will wait for musics input in that ( please do not yell at me ;) )

Many TV shows of the 50s were in B/W. So that is fine with me.

edited September 2012

Speaking of TV shows, do you remember the show "The Dukes of Hazzard"? In the early 90s, I played bass for Tom Wopat (Luke Duke). At first I was very excited, but he turned out to be one of the biggest A-holes I have ever met. He was just mean spirited and very conceited. Who would have known!

:shut:

BillAndTomWopatlarge.jpg
    761 x 699 - 87K
    Dukes.jpg
    420 x 286 - 22K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Krissy said:

9.) Michael 3 Base

Many TV shows of the 50s were in B/W. So that is fine with me.

Ok :) thank you very much .
    LG you good to good to go :D
    Oh and will send you a PM about the freebie maker , or 2 :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Speaking of TV shows, do you remember the show "The Dukes of Hazzard"? In the early 90s, I played bass for Tom Wopat (Luke Duke). At first I was very excited, but he turned out to be one of the biggest A-holes I have ever met. He was just mean spirited and very conceited. Who would have known!

:shut:

Ah now you have upset me, that was one TV show we did used to watch, back in the day when we still had one of them funny TV sets. Love the theme song from the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU6mPYFtF8E
    edited December 1969

Oww.. sorry music, didn't notived your post ..
    Well happends very often, that fame is changin' people.. from the site some start this way ;)

And still you can now tell people a story :D:D ( shoot.. I ma getting annoyed by all this positive attitude of mine)