Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

Woohoo, I've been waiting for Marieah Day! Although Jack Tomalin's breathtaking new set almost got me to spend the money I had reserved for the Totally Bazaar Bundle... I can't wait to try out all the Bazaar fabrics! I've gotten some excellent use out of the MachPack, and I highly recommend that product (and, by reputation, anything else by Marieah and/or any of her collaborators: Fisty, SickleYield, DraagonStorm, TeresaTyllo, and any others I may have missed). I was really hoping to get the Fabricator too, because I've heard it praised loudly and often, but due to finances, it looks like it'll have to wait until next time.

The new Morphing Business Suit stuff isn't really what I'm looking for at the moment, but it does appear very well-done and strikes me as an excellent bargain* (how much would you pay for an actual suit, which would be much less versatile than the MBS bundle, and probably required less effort to make? Granted, you can't physically wear the MBS, but still...).

*The same could be said of the Sabbatic Goat, as well, though I have no idea what the market value for a real hybrid goat-man is. ;-)
    Edited to add: hey, look at that! Post #666...how appropriate! :lol:

I don't own any SickleYield stuff yet, aside from freebies, but that will change today. :)

Next comes the hardest part...resisting the catch-up sale...

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

Woohoo, I've been waiting for Marieah Day! Although Jack Tomalin's breathtaking new set almost got me to spend the money I had reserved for the Totally Bazaar Bundle....
    ....Next comes the hardest part...resisting the catch-up sale...

;)

pussface.jpg
    500 x 371 - 71K
  • WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:
    Ebajoy said:
    Cannot purchase the Business Suit bundle, the store says I am only allowed to buy one...I only want to buy one!!! Hopefully this gets resolved before the sale ends. I think the problem arose because I wasn't logged in when I added it to my cart, then when I logged in, it wasn't moved into my real cart, but the cart must think it was...sigh. This is the first time I have been subject to the "store issues" when trying to purchase.

Ebaioy, I had this happen once, what I did was add another item to my cart, when I did this the item that wasn't showing showed up, now delete the item you added just to get the cart working right. I hope this makes sense.

More likely, what happened was that he/she added to the cart before logging in, then tried to add it again *after* logging in. Even though the cart looks empty, for some reason DAZ thinks its still there. All you can do is log out and start over.

I've had this little "item in cart not showing up" hiccup when I was logged in. Logging out and back in didn't do any good, neither did clearing the cache, cookies etc. Adding another item made the invisible item show up. I'm not sure why it does this, just one of those random little bugs still popping up once in awhile.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Kinich said:
    Hi.

snipped

Also, I am still wondering if there will be a catch-up day at the end of the PA sale in case anyone missed a day?

Thanks so much.
    R

The catch up sale starts tomorrow, DAZ_Kevin hid the fact in the announcement thread that lists today's PA's. Its buried in the text at the end of today's list.

Yeah...been waiting for catch-up day. :cheese:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

@JOdel
    These are the current installers for the items I already own.

ZIP-Files:
    Celtic Warrior
    Norse Villager Expansion for the Viking Pack
    RPG Series Part 5 - Female Rogues
    Saxon Expansion Pack for Viking

BitRock Installer (old):
    Hoplite Pack for M3
    Hoplite for M3 Expansion Pack

BitRock Installer (new):
    Viking Pack for Michael

That ought to do it. Thank you!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    And as a special treat, here's another freebie - a set of classic pinstripe textures for the suit and waistcoat expansion in navy, charcoal, grey and cream. These are extremely high quality, and were originally to be included with the product. However, I decided to include textures instead that were less vulnerable to any stretching when extreme morphs are applied.

So here they are:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64848/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Morphing-Business-Suit-Pin-Stripes

This Suit was an instant buy... and this freebie is a cool addition! I am just installing everything right now and can't wait to render it. Thanks!

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

Does anyone know how to use the new "Compare" function? I thought I'd try and compare a couple of hairstyles, so I clicked on the compare button. It adds the styles somewhere - but beats me if I can find out where. I tried searching on "Compare" and "Compare Button" in the forums. Thank you.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited December 1969

Sharon hair on Stephanie 5 curvy. Rendered in DS4P with one distant light.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

SharonHair03pic04.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 341K
  • AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know how to use the new "Compare" function? I thought I'd try and compare a couple of hairstyles, so I clicked on the compare button. It adds the styles somewhere - but beats me if I can find out where. I tried searching on "Compare" and "Compare Button" in the forums. Thank you.

On every Category page (like New Releases, Fast Grab, Vendor pages...) you will find the button Compare Products on the right above the products. Click on that button to open a drop down list with the products to compare and click on the button Compare. The Products Comparison List will open in a new window.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Oh nice. One question though, Neftis mentions that fibermesh hair "can require a lot of memory during render", and I was wondering how true that is? I have a less than a year old quad core i7 with full hyperthreading on each core and 8GBs of RAM. I don't often render images with a lot of items in it, but when I did recently, one core was totally used. If this hair is that much of a memory hog, I may have to "wait and see".

Can you give me an idea of how long that render took?

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

On every Category page (like New Releases, Fast Grab, Vendor pages...) you will find the button Compare Products on the right above the products. Click on that button to open a drop down list with the products to compare and click on the button Compare. The Products Comparison List will open in a new window.

Thanks Andy! That was helpful.

I think that the compare sheet will be very useful if they make it a bit easier and more intuitive to access. I should have been able to right click on the button that adds things to a compare list, for instance. Or they should have that bigger compare button on the product pages, too.

"Compare" is particularly interesting in that it could almost be used as a product summary sheet for everything you buy because you can print it. That's something I've always needed from every vendor, but never got. Just think if with your order you could create the compare sheet for every item in it.

I DO wish they would put the file sizes on there; SKU I don't care about, comparing file sizes on similar items is in many instances very important to me in deciding what to buy and what to add to a render.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Artini said:

Oh nice. One question though, Neftis mentions that fibermesh hair "can require a lot of memory during render", and I was wondering how true that is? I have a less than a year old quad core i7 with full hyperthreading on each core and 8GBs of RAM. I don't often render images with a lot of items in it, but when I did recently, one core was totally used. If this hair is that much of a memory hog, I may have to "wait and see".

you'll be fine, in one of my promos for Shadowkin I used 2 hairs, 2 beards, and eyebrows, all fibermesh and all at the same time. It's not the rendering that takes a long time, that's a lot faster with fibermesh because it doesn't use transparency. It's moving around the viewport that it can hang up on if you don't have enough ram. The trick is to either add the hair last or turn off it's visibility until you're ready to render. My computer is comparable to yours.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Miss B said:
    Artini said:

you'll be fine, in one of my promos for Shadowkin I used 2 hairs, 2 beards, and eyebrows, all fibermesh and all at the same time. It's not the rendering that takes a long time, that's a lot faster with fibermesh because it doesn't use transparency. It's moving around the viewport that it can hang up on if you don't have enough ram. The trick is to either add the hair last or turn off it's visibility until you're ready to render. My computer is comparable to yours.Fisty, were they from Mec4D? IIRC she did something to her fibermesh stuff that made them less memory intensive. I'm not sure if everyone is doing the same?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Artini said:

I have rendered that image on the computer with the first generation of i7 cpu (2.8 GHz) and 8 GBs of RAM.
    The rendering time was around 2 minutes. I have also tried UberEnvironment based lights and InaneGlory's area lights,
    but I cancelled the render after 5 minutes, because the render was at about 2% only and I want to show some render quickly.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I hope to see Hitomi on sale sometime during this PA sale??

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

DAZ!

HolyForest!
    HolyForest!
    HolyForest!

Put HolyForest into the sale!!!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

I am drooling over that suit bundle, will it work in Studio 4? Had some trouble with 4.5 and had to go back till it's fixed.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Letting Brute X have some fun.

zz2.JPG
    620 x 769 - 297K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I am drooling over that suit bundle, will it work in Studio 4? Had some trouble with 4.5 and had to go back till it's fixed.

It was created using Studio 4, so unless something mysterious happened in QA, it should be fine.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Haven't hardly been tempted by any of the new releases til now, and have usually told myself to wait for the catchup sale on the not-new stuff. But I did grab the Suit bundle and JustPosh. Quite a bargain, and even a manageable number of installers!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Just some badly-rendered sillyness (best I could do before bedtime), but I had fun!

SabGoat03-test03-g2-1800.png
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Thank you! :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

whoooooooooooooooot! i think the catch-up day has started!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

yeah the catch up is going. Funny thing is there are a few items in my wishlist i am fairly certain never went on sale but now they are. No complaints at all just glad they finally got a discount.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

the catch up sale usually includes ALL vendors, including the ones that didn't have a "day" in the sale.

edited September 2012

Like Deepblue, who's Hatching egg is going to be mine. :)
    Or http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dimension3d
    Or http://www.daz3d.com/shop/holyforest <---- tsarist, are you listening? ;)</p>

Post edited by Kerya on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2012

Catch UP Sale just started. All of the PA stores are 50% off or MORE.

What was the URL to display everything in the store??

edit: Found it... http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2&dir=desc&limit=60

edit-edit: That method isn't working for me, you have to use the links on this page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

*checking out wishlist* :coolgrin: got over-excited and had a few minutes panic, now calmed down and started ransacking fellow PAs stores methodically LOL!

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

WOW - all PAs on sale.
    Uh oh, my shopping cart just began bulging!

edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    *checking out wishlist* :coolgrin: got over-excited and had a few minutes panic, now calmed down and started ransacking fellow PAs stores methodically LOL!

There is a method?
    :gulp:
    Tell me more about it ...

I had it sooooo often that the catchup sale day ended up with me buying nothing - tooooo many choices, not enough money, no strength to make a decision.
    I made myself believe I will buy that egg, but else????