Sabbatic Goat for genesis Plus Texture Pack (In Store Now) commercial

Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Sabbatic Goat
The Sabbatic goat , or Baphomet, is a symbolic form representing good and
evil and based on a gargoyle on the templars building . In later years the evil
side has dominated . The ugly beast head expresses the horror of the sinner
and the pentagram stars five points, representing the five elements Earth Air
Fire water and Spirit, being a protection against evil.

Features List
New Genesis Shape Sabbatic Goat
With over 30 JCMs
for arms neck thighs shins feet and many more.
5 MCMs
Open Mouth, Open Mouth Wide, Close Eyes, Close Eyes L/R, Angry

Conforming Poly Base fur
Fur-Legs
Fur-Chest with armpits
Fur- back
Fur- Face eye-brows, nose hair, ear hair, cheek stubble, Moe with up/down morph.
Fur-Goatie morphs WIP
10 mat presets for fur

Light set for fast rendering of fur

4K texture, displacement maps

Conforming horns
A multi-shaping set of horns. 3 sets in one with different morphs to get a multitude of styles.
Horn have highly detailed Displacement and Normal maps.
Plus there the 2 additional sets of horns for the face and jaw.

LoinCloth
Fully weight mapped

Weapon
Wip

Poses
Wip

AAA-Daz.jpg
700 x 875 - 141K
Post edited by Midnight_stories on

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited August 2012

OK after some prodding by you guys, I''m starting a thread for the Sabbatic Goat. There's a way to go, but most of the hard stuff is out the road. Weapon is still being worked on, plus textures are not complete. I'll post update as they come. Thanks for looking.
    Click on image for bigger view

s-head.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 385K
    S-Side.jpg
    455 x 1000 - 230K
    S-Back.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 284K
    S-Front.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 286K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This is really impressive; excellent work! It looks like it could be good for doing Orcus from D&D, with the addition of some batlike wings.

edited December 1969

Yes the hardest part was the fur it's a real killer to rig. Here's another idea I had for the Evil side of the goat.
    Click for large image!

Hell-Goat2.jpg
    1100 x 1000 - 391K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Is the Tarot competition still going on? This would make LOVELY use of The Devil card.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Wow. Very Nice. Good Job:)

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Excellent, most excellent! Can't wait!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Got a sale from me! Funny, I was going to buy this way back when when you released this for the Poser side but there was no way to make parts of it work in DS.... Good (or bad) things come to those that wait! :P

• chikako_8af55a8a68chikako_8af55a8a68 Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

I roll an 18 with my + 2 longsword!

Really impressive!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Really nice looking. Will you be able to just use the legs and leg fur and have your own top and head?

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

oh wow, he looks so cool! love the preview images of him, very glad you put up a thread now <3</p>

He looks like he can either be a friendly giant or an evil demon, Evil side looks especially scary! Definitely keeping an eye out for his release :D

edited August 2012

The time zone's a killer while I'm sleeping you guys are up.
    Here's a render comparison with Lantos2 lighting it took 58min
    with my Fur Light set it took 12sec, So you can decide what you want for quality and speed.
    I've redone the colors on the goat fur texture to try and match the conforming fur trying the give it a more covered look. Plus brought it down lower and finished the hoof textures, I had to create new UVs for the hooves so they didn't get stretched. Other things I'm working on is better neck JCMs and I may create a fix morph as when you bend both the neck and head at the same time it hollows out a bit and you can only attach a morph to a single transition dial so putting a manual morph dial will get around that, this is especially for RAMWolff as I know how much you hate badly deforming neck. Now got to go and get my Tax done I hate it grrrrr.
    P.S. thanks for the support I'm always a bit gun shy posting WIP.

Test-Render3.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 410K
    edited December 1969

Wondering... is there a separate morph for the legs and head so a more trim torso can be dialed in?? I like your fur light set MUCH better btw! :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Wondering... is there a separate morph for the legs and head so a more trim torso can be dialed in?? I like your fur light set MUCH better btw! :-)

Yeah that is what I asked earlier...

edited December 1969

At this stage I'd say no but I'm not saying it couldn't be done I did find a doc somewhere about it, I'll have to read it a bit closer. I guess the say could be said if I dud a lycan head morph Hmmmm tricky !

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited August 2012

I'm sorry so please pardon my french but his just looks F'ing Insane

I hope it has some textures for M5's Gens.

I have a nice worship scene in my head

This looks like such a high quality character and I absolutely love how it is coming out

it looks like a masterfully hand crafted scaled model that I could hold in my hand

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Yeah that is what I asked earlier...

Well it would have to be a separate morph all together I just threw it in to Zbush to have a look didn't do a real good job but enough to know I could do something in the future. All the JCMs have to be done to match the new morph and I would do a better job on the leg scale.

G3.jpg
    520 x 604 - 32K
    G2.jpg
    249 x 574 - 17K
    G1.jpg
    407 x 604 - 68K
    edited December 1969

AWESOME, totally AWESOME! :-)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

I'm so excited to see this for Genesis! I too was disappointed that I couldn't really use many parts of the original. I appreciate how hard it must've been to do all the joint controls, and the fur just looks awesome. I'll be watching very closely.

edited December 1969

I'm so excited to see this for Genesis! I too was disappointed that I couldn't really use many parts of the original. I appreciate how hard it must've been to do all the joint controls, and the fur just looks awesome. I'll be watching very closely.

I have use for this even without the fur.

The legs look fantastic.

Hopefully there's a furless skin version as well.

I'm sorry so please pardon my french but his just looks F'ing Insane

I hope it has some textures for M5's Gens.

Also, what he said. Lol. :)

Yes I can do that for you as the textured fur is sitting on a top layer so it's just a matter of turning the fur layer off in Photoshop and and saving it out, I'll call it Human Skin or something like that.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Looks beautiful. I can't wait.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Oh my god! He is amazing!!! Fantastic job :cheese: Love the fur, he's so realistic. I'm excited!

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Nice figure, but where is all that info hidden...?
    that info that's only available to PA's and teach you the hidden things from studio content creation.

someone really have to do some good tutorial about all this goodies here in the shop.

edited December 1969

Good to see the morph for just the legs, now I have a reason to pick up :)

edited August 2012

OK before people get too excited about the goat leg morph. It won't be with the Sabbatic Goat I found it's not as simple as just doing a morph for the base genesis figure and then you dial up any shape and it will work. It doesn't seem to work that way and bones are going all over the place so it will take some experimenting to get it to work. I want to get the got out the road first, I'm thinking more of a creature pack using all the heads and claws feet and legs I've come up with I do have something in the bag which will make some sci-fi people happy, so hang in there. Here a look at the skin textures. For all the people who supported me thanks you. For those who don't like me fare enough, you can't please all the people all the time, it's not easy putting yourself out in the open where people can take shots at you, I do the best I can with what I got. No one gave me anything on a plate I had to earn everything, through hard work and persistence, enough said.

Nude3.jpg
    551 x 1000 - 117K
    edited December 1969

thanks for the info. I'll wait out and see about some kind of creature pack. I really don't use 100% premades so that is why things being modular is the only path I go.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Beautiful job midnight_stories! Can't wait to see this beast in the store - I would love to have in future a pack from you to make beastly shapes - a "Pan" like creature would be interesting - but I can't see that I'd want to change anything about this one, it's amazing! Thanks for all the work you do in making your fantastic models available to the rest of us :-) -Cathy

edited December 1969

A Creature Pack from you for Genesis would be AWESOME, truly AWESOME.... I look forward to that for sure but this dude will be in my cart! WOOF

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

I'd still buy it as a creature pack, or even as a separate creature figure. I'm sorry you're having difficulties, but I trust they will iron out in time.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

God, I'm drooling. Your first Sabbatic Goat kicked my mind's eye's ass, and this one has blown it to bits. I want this so badly. I need this so badly. This is made out of pure, solid awesomium.

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    A Creature Pack from you for Genesis would be AWESOME, truly AWESOME.... I look forward to that for sure but this dude will be in my cart! WOOF

ditto!!!!

I NEED this goat guy and I've been waiting for an awesome mix-n-match Creature parts pack forever :D