SUPPORT THE DEMAND FOR DAVID 5

2»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,512
    edited December 1969

..the original David3 was smaller in stature than Mike (as was Steph in relation to Vicky in both the Gen3 and Gen4 incarnations) so I would think the same would apply to the Genesis version.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited September 2012

Smaller than Mike, yes. Mike is considerably taller than the average real person. D3's height is very close to that of the average adult American male.

Edit: I take that back. I'd been going by the D3 Genesis shape, not realizing that it isn't the same size as D3 himself.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I'd buy a D5, especially if he's at least a little bit shorter than the average American adult male. (That, by the way, would be a first for Daz.)

That would be great and certainly a first! Not everyone is 6'0" ;-P

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

This cause has now successfully attained the attention of 3D Male artists over at DeviantART! :-)

http://3dmales.deviantart.com/journal/Create-a-Generation-5-David-Iconic-Shape-Petition-326482778

If anyone knows of any other places that this would garner more attention in, please let me know. You guys are also free to through this around yourselves too, if you want. :)

edited December 1969

...though not ready to jump on the Genesis bus quite yet (as I really can't afford the "fare") I do agree that David is long overdue for an update.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Forgive me for going a little off topic. Am I the only one that thinks Stephanie 5 is too skinny and boney?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Forgive me for going a little off topic. Am I the only one that thinks Stephanie 5 is too skinny and boney?

I like her, especially with Curvy Body on, but everyone's going to have a different preference on that. She's certainly bonier than S3 (comparable to some of the S4 morphs, I think).

edited September 2012

Actually, if you ask me, S5 doesn't look anything petite or bony at all! I honestly think she just looks like a shorter, hourglass-waisted V5 with a different head.

And are you kidding me, Kyoto Kid? S3 is the skinniest and boniest of them all!

R:S3, G:S4, B:S5

Stephanie_Comparison.jpg
    594 x 696 - 126K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I agree RC! Looking at the comparrison, I think I like S4 the best. I never really liked the S3.

edited December 1969

...S3 may be more slender but not as petite all around as S4. S5 is too broad in the shoulders and hips as well as being a tad "bustier" than her Gen4 "sister".

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

I like S5 very much. More of a more rounded womans body. If you want taller and slender then use the S5 Super Model morph. For less breasts I think there is a dial to reduce them in size.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Alright so we can get back on topic lets just agree that taste varies and it is just me. I think V5 is a bit boney too, I guess being from a colder climate I'm used to women with a bit of "insulation".

edited October 2012

UPDATE!!!

With DAZ's new release of the DSON Importer for Poser, I have taken the liberty of evoking the support of the SmithMicro Community over at RDNA! :-)

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?73839-SUPPORT-THE-DEMAND-FOR-DAVID-5&p=709787#post709787

Also, it's not much, but we've managed to already obtain a quarter of the desired support! Let's hope we can keep it going! :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on