Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

A lot more nice renders since my last visit. Nice to see loads of interest in Bryce.

Here's my latest effort. You don't see many but I thought I'd make a 5 piece fishing rod.
    I'm still messing with the DOF option. Quite pleased with the result but it has flaws in it.
    I think that's me not quite grasping the full potential of Bryce.

Fishing_Rod_Dof2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 423K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2012

Continued experiments in the animation side-of-things - all Bryce. Concept is abstract, so expect likewise – see the ani’ (YouTube link) here –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uSz0gy8hk&feature=channel&list=UL . Below, two screen-caps - HD recommended.

Jay

contact.jpg
    1677 x 1734 - 1M
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Another one of my attempts to get Bryce illustrations into print went wrong last week when the client decided not to use this design for an advert I'd done for them. :(

The ad they did choose still has a Bryce Illustration in it, but it's only the pack shot.

8th-Wonder-Desert2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 195K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Continued experiments in the animation side-of-things - all Bryce. Concept is abstract, so expect likewise – see the ani’ (YouTube link) here –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uSz0gy8hk&feature=channel&list=UL . Below, two screen-caps - HD recommended.

Jay

good one - like the effects

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited September 2012

StuartB4 said:
    A lot more nice renders since my last visit. Nice to see loads of interest in Bryce.

Here's my latest effort. You don't see many but I thought I'd make a 5 piece fishing rod.
    I'm still messing with the DOF option. Quite pleased with the result but it has flaws in it.

For some reason I like this setup and color tune in this render... excellent

The center rod is superb , especial the base part, the part close to viewers eyes, it does have this unique color tone, some renders do have... this is one of them...

Post edited by Atlantis on
    edited December 1969

Here,s another new works. the lay out is from an earlier works. changed the angle an tweaked it a lot. added the ship to give perceptive and scope. Used a brush on a landscape and duplicated then moved it slightly matching the mat with the water to give a wave look. I,m thinking of putting a eagle or bird over head to leave a shadow. Don'd have any animals shape yet. Glad for input Thanks terry

The POV rocks !!!

• canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well I got my eagles. changed the land below trying to look like a forest?

canyon_falls6_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 241K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@ @tlantis -
    Thanks for the kind words. I may re-do it a bit, because the more I look at it the more I see could be improved.
    Like the rings that hold the reel, the thickness of the parts that hold the rings on to the rod, the brass ring on the
    end of the handle, and the rings on the rod seem to be too close to it and need pulling out a bit.
    The inserts in the rings are actually white but with the lighting how it is they look black.

This is the first one I did with different lighting.

FishRod.jpg
    640 x 480 - 223K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@canyon: the first image of the waterfall and ship has a better feel to it than the one with the eagles and touched up mountain. I could tell there was a mountain on the left in the first render, but that isn't the case with your second image. With it being a night time scene(?) you need to make the trees more pronounced, not necessarily in detail, but more recognizable. And I agree with what was said about the POV of the first image, wonderful.

@Stuart: As always, your work is amazing. I had to look at the first image for a few moments to understand that you used DOF. My eyes may be bad but they aren't bad enough to not see the clarity at the camera end and the slightly out of focus at the other. A very nice job. And the other image just pops. Another nice job. So, when's your book come out? ;-)

@Jay: That first image has an interesting affect on my eyes. With the color your used those clouds really appear to be 3D. Love it. I really like the second image. The color, lighting, and balance is really good. Nice.

@Dave: That's an interesting ad. I like it.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2012

@bigh...many thanks!

@GussNemo...also thanks. I actually live on this island, that is, when I'm not visiting my others at Myst :) (ah , Myst, and Riven, too...wonderful games).

@canyonmanterry...love the perspective in this. Had to take time to figure it out at first, but when it clicked that you created the view from overhead a waterfall, it all fell into place.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful Iceland

iceland.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 644K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Still faffing around with light optimisation... Render time 3 minutes. Any feedback on the lighting welcome - yes I know she is wearing the same outfit. Sorry, I don't have time to learn DAZ Studio.

Fels_rtr_rrp64_v8_vtest1.jpg
    700 x 525 - 174K
    edited December 1969

@ David... Looks really awesome.. that ground material rocks!!!

edited December 1969

Thanks Erich, but the ground and the sky - the environment - that is all Horo's work. His HDRI. The Vickys - the artists at DAZ 3D. My contribution is just the light and the shadows.

edited December 1969

needs more work to me
    are you trying to make it more real or what ?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Still faffing around with light optimisation... Render time 3 minutes. Any feedback on the lighting welcome - yes I know she is wearing the same outfit. Sorry, I don't have time to learn DAZ Studio.

Yes!
    To the light. :)
    As for putting on different clothes: just pull them from the same tab where you found these to a naked Genesis, then fit to ...

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    needs more work to me

Yes. More real. The light I want to be fully plausible and render in less the five minutes. That is my goal.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    needs more work to me

Yes. More real. The light I want to be fully plausible and render in less the five minutes. That is my goal.

ok then its to fuzzy for me

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Yes!
    To the light. :)
    As for putting on different clothes: just pull them from the same tab where you found these to a naked Genesis, then fit to ...

When I have the time to spare, I will watch a tutorial and see if I can figure it out. For the time being, my only concern is the light.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    needs more work to me

The light is "fuzzy" do you mean the shadows are too soft? Or do you man the background image needs sharpening? I can easily adjust the softness of the shadows. To sharpen the background - that would need a new HDRI - since that is a limitation of the resolution of the image.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    needs more work to me

The light is "fuzzy" do you mean the shadows are too soft? Or do you man the background image needs sharpening? I can easily adjust the softness of the shadows. To sharpen the background - that would need a new HDRI - since that is a limitation of the resolution of the image.

ok they match - so I guess you need new HDRI

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:
    bigh said:
    needs more work to me

ok they match - so I guess you need new HDRI

Good, thank you. Well, as a proof of concept then, this is good news. It is the process that is important, that lighting can be exactly matched to HDRI and render in a "reasonable" time.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited September 2012

stumpc said:
    Thank's for the useful comments, good info to use next time I put something together. horo your right about the sky, I need to spend a little more time in the skylab and LordHardDriven Now that you pointed the proportion out I notice it myself.I guess collaboration is a good thing when available which makes this a great forum my friends.

In fact, I haven't noticed that proportion thingy LordHardDriven pointed out but he's right. In my experience, once a lot of time was invested in a scene, one gets in love with it (or hates it) and starts to miss the obvious.
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Well I got my eagles. changed the land below trying to look like a forest?

I like the first one more than the second with the "trees". I agree with GussNemo here. Camera angle is great.
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:

DOF is great, I like the light and how the fishing rods are presented. The rings look nicer on the second render but overall, I prefer the first one.

edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:

Jay

I couldn't make a lot of this until I watched the movie. Great job!
    edited December 1969

Another one of my attempts to get Bryce illustrations into print went wrong last week when the client decided not to use this design for an advert I'd done for them. :(

The ad they did choose still has a Bryce Illustration in it, but it's only the pack shot.

Excellent ad. It is good to see that Bryce is used for such stuff as well - and gets a larger audience, even though they don't know it was made in Bryce. keep it up.

edited September 2012

@tlantis said:
    Beautiful Iceland

Not really beautiful, but interesting and certainly very active. The geysers and small volcano looks great. again an eruption with the stones that looks incredible. I've never been at Iceland but watched such things on Lanzarote.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Lighting looks great to me, the shadows are plausible. Perhaps a tad too soft. I've watched shadows recently more closely and I found that - at least I - tend to exaggerate the softness.

@bigh - Backdrop sharpness will be an issue as long as Bryce cannot handle more than 36 mega pixels square. And that with a DAZ character is impossible without making Bryce large address aware.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Have now re-mapped the textures on this amplifier to go with the Gretsch.
    I'm doing a custom version of the Gretsch at the moment, will post it when it's rendered (two and a half hours!).

Amp-on-Carp-Fine.jpg
    883 x 641 - 255K
This discussion has been closed.