PoseMaster for DAZ Studio

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,087
    edited December 1969

HI; I've been watching some of the youtube videos on cridgit's page for version 1.4 of Pose Master. If I buy it, I'd be buying the latest version, which I think is 1.5. Well, the first video is how to make a default file. Now, if I bought Pose Master and also the People's Pak, would I have to make those default files? Would I have to edit text files like that?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

Hi, cridgit: After watching more videos, I bought the PoseMaster item. All tests quickly passed. I transferred an M4 pose to Genesis using Copy, then Transfer. Did another. Worked so well, I went back and bought the People Pack. I transferred a David 3 pose to Genesis. Worked well. I looked for poses that involved hand positions, hands or fingers touching the face, hands touching each other, to see how well PM could do the job. Very well indeed! I'm delighted. Just want to thank you for this great product. I don't know all the ins and outs of it yet, but I am going to read the .pdf, and maybe watch more video tutorials. But, I am delighted at how well it works. Thanks for all of your brilliant work.

edited December 1969

Hi, cridgit: The individual poses all seem to transfer well. So far, I've used V4, M4, D3, and M3. In each case, I transferred poses from the earlier figures to Genesis. Then, I tried Batch Transfer. I'm following the directions in the .pdf. I load what I want to be my source and target figures into an empty scene. I select my target figure (Genesis). I launch PoseMaster Batch. The only thing that shows up is a dialog box that asks me to load the source and target figure and select the target figure. I click OK and the dialog box goes away. There are NO buttons to help me select a source pose or a target pose folder. Now, I'm on a Macintosh, running OS X 10.8.2. The version of DAZStudio I'm running is the 64-bit 4.5.1.6 DS Pro. I just bought and downloaded PoseMaster and its People Pack today, Tuesday, December 4th, so it's the latest version of that. This is probably a bug that has to do with the Macintosh version, I'm thinking.

Screen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_11.04_.14_PM_.png
    418 x 133 - 20K
    Screen_Shot_2012-12-04_at_11.04_.14_PM_.png
    418 x 133 - 20K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hi, cridgit: It think this is what I have been doing. But, I will try again. Maybe I goofed up somehow. I'll send a screen shot if things don't work. Going to start work on this now.

I'm really glad you're finding the tool useful, thank you for the feedback. :-)

Apologies for the delay responding, as I've been travelling again. You'll need to load BOTH source and target figures into the scene then select the target figure. See attached screenshot with David and Genesis.

Make sure you select the whole figure by double-clicking it in the viewport, or selecting it in the scene tab. If you select a body part, PoseMaster won't recognize it as a figure. Note in the screenshot that the Genesis root figure is highlighted in the Scene tab.

If you do it that way, it should work, otherwise there is something else going on. If you can't get it to work, please post a screenshot so I can see what is going on.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Hi, cridgit: OK, it worked! So, maybe I did something foolish before, eh? That, or, sometimes it seems to me that DS gets a little "confused" if I've been doing various things with it. Maybe it just needed a fresh start. In any case, PoseMaster deserves a great deal of credit. It's a marvelous tool.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    cridgit said:
    . . . grew up to be an astronaut.
    Hi Beth, thanks for sharing. That pose transferred pretty well - it has a nice natural look. I like the detail in the scene.

Thanks! Did it again in my latest PlatClub Inspirations submission -- The woman is using a pose originally for M4 from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses, converted to Genesis with Posemaster.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Looking for Water

Wow, I love the ivy and the lighting on this one. Of course the pose rocks as well ;-) Is that ivy part of the set or from a different product?
    The set is Jack Tomalin's Curator Aquarum, and the ivy's included -- yeah, it's a pretty nice product.

My latest PCI entry also got an honorable mention -- the goth girl's using one of the Moonshines Diner Exterior Poses converted to Genesis by PoseMaster, as were the poses of both drivers from the included M4 poses with Bus Pegasus and Limousine Prince. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Test of Time

BlackAlice-TestOfTime-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Question: I've started trying to use PoseMaster, after having it for awhile now. I'm trying to transfer V4/M4 poses to Genesis. I followed the tutorials, and everything seems to work fairly well. However, most poses have some errors, especially with the feet, which almost always seem to be pointed up. I've tried using things like the reset hands / feet script available here, but that doesn't seem to address the issue.

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Question: I've started trying to use PoseMaster, after having it for awhile now. I'm trying to transfer V4/M4 poses to Genesis. I followed the tutorials, and everything seems to work fairly well. However, most poses have some errors, especially with the feet, which almost always seem to be pointed up. I've tried using things like the reset hands / feet script available here, but that doesn't seem to address the issue.

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

It won't (due to the different 'internals' between Gen4 and Genesis) always give a 100% exact match - but it will get you 95-99% of the way there, with just a few tweaks needed normally, as you have noticed, at the ankle/feet/wrist/hand areas. Considering that just about every Pose I have purchased also needs tweaking on the figure they were created for>/i> I do not find this to be an issue. :) I try and avoid un-tweaked figures as much as I can, hence the usual need to do some tidying up - but even on the base figure I often find that the feet are a) not level or b) set to wear high-heels (for Vicky, at least ;)). Add in using figues on uneven ground ... and you get more than used to quick dial-tweaking to get things 'just so'.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information. I'm fine with needing to adjust a pose - that is a given, especially when you take into account character morphs. It just seemed strange that the feet were always so off.

I'll post some examples ASAP. Thanks!

• edited December 1969

Hi cridgit!

At first:
    I think PoseMaster is an essential product.
    Batch Converting works fantastic.

My Question:
    Is it possible to make different pose-converting for different Genesis shapes (M5 / V5 / Freak5 / Child / etc.) or is it only possible to make converting for General Genesis?

Best wishes
    wuestenschildkroete

edited May 2022

Redacted

• edited February 2013

Hi!

Thanks for your info!

Is it advisable to convert with "scale"? What is the advantage to convert with "scale"?

Yesterday I have batch-converted approx 4000 M4 poses to Genesis only with "Rotation". Converting Time approx 10 hours - I have had a good sleep, during the program was running. :-)

Most of the Poses works perfect with the different Genesis Shapes.

Incidentally: I think your tool is very cheaply - considering that two or three single pose-packs cost the same as your complete tool (incl. "People Pack")!

Post edited by wuestenschildkroete_7225329845 on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Have both PoseMaster for DS and People for PoseMaster and i find this sooooo useful to converte oldies gens poses to Genesis.
    I was about to use it again to convert some baby and mother poses (MB3 and V4) but i couldnt find any reference to the babies in the list... will there be an upgrade to the product so babies'll get in ??

edited May 2022

Redacted

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Hey Cridgit -

Just wanted to check in and see if you're still planning to release an animal pack at some point.
    I love your PoseMaster and was looking forward to sharing my animal poses and animations amongst each other.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Hi,

Have both PoseMaster for DS and People for PoseMaster and i find this sooooo useful to converte oldies gens poses to Genesis.
    I was about to use it again to convert some baby and mother poses (MB3 and V4) but i couldnt find any reference to the babies in the list... will there be an upgrade to the product so babies'll get in ??

Hi Scal

Unfortunately I don't have Mil Baby and I haven't been able to find it in the store, otherwise I'd be happy to take a look at a set of transfer files. The tutorial shows how to create your own transfer files (you need to create an offet pose and a skeleton map) and I'd be happy to walk you through the process if you're willing to invest the time. It'll probably take an hour or so is my guess.

Otherwise if you prefer to wait, I'll see if I can get hold the baby.

Cheers

Hi Cridgit,

You're right, seems the millenium baby has vanished from the store, got it in the early days of last november and havent used it much so far.
    I wanted to adapt the free CV-Mother_Child_Poses available @ShareCG to Genesis to get rid of old gens i don't use.

Will try to create my own transfer files and welcome any help. Will try once home tonight and i'll let you know if i'm stuck or ok with the process i've never tried so far.

BTW have a question, would my result be exportable so it could be used as freebee to any other interrested in ?

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hi Cridgit,

Here is the Millenium Baby 3 expanded skeleton

MilBaby3.jpg
    1600 x 860 - 376K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Thanks for these instructions, i'll try them tonight after workday.

BTW, the MB3 looks taller than the Genesis Baby do you think that could cause any troubles later ?
    Will post a picture of both babies side to side

edited March 2013

Thanks Cridgit,

I followed your instructions and it seems the first result looks pretty nice

Below are several picts showing 3 GenBabies vs 1 MilBaby3 (wich also make an idea of the height difference).

1st pict shows our army of babies in the neutral T position

other picts shows the babies after appying several poses intended for MilBaby3

on every picture, i applied directly the MB3 pose on the yellow baby ; the transfer pose without the skeleton map on the blue one and finally the transfer pose with the skeleton map on the red one

results looks quite good on the red one but a real nightmare with the blue (XYZ axis looks scrambled and need to replace the baby in same direction as the 3 others)

i just noticed some hand and fingers problems with the red one, especially on the pose he's suppose to have the thumb in the mouth

babies3.jpg
    1272 x 555 - 124K
    babies2.jpg
    1313 x 528 - 158K
    babies1.jpg
    1226 x 411 - 143K
    babies4.jpg
    1266 x 587 - 176K
    Post edited by scal.64.ps on
    edited May 2022

Redacted