PoseMaster for DAZ Studio

Comments

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit system, using 64 bit DAZ 4.5 Pro. Will try the new instructions.

edited December 1969

Ok. Set debug to yes, cleared the log file, then ran the test script. Get same error. Here's the log file:

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/rob/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Test/PoseMaster Test.dsb
    Failed to load script file!

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

OK. Did that. Found the new script in the unassigned category. And running it gave me a popup saying:
    Info: 1 nodes selected.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

How do I do that second step? Are you talking about in the Windows/Start menu? Because I couldn't find any way to pull up Posemaster there. Or in C:/Programs/DAZ?

I did click on a .exe to uninstall Posemaster metadata, but I don't think it worked, because when I tried to reinstall Posemaster 1.5, I still got a warning that I should remove my old version first to avoid conflicts. And post installation, don't see the cridgit scripts showing up anywhere except for one that says initialize - which gives me "An error occurred while reading the file - and log says Failed to load script file! (This is after rescanning known directories for new files)

cridgit said:
    I've done a bit of research into this error and it seems to be related to content being in the wrong place, so I can only think there must be a problem with Studio finding the script.

Make sure you're launching the script from the Content Library reference and not the toolbar (just in case the script has moved).

I suggest you manually remove PoseMaster from your system and try a reinstall with default options.
    1. Delete the My Library/Scripts/cridgit folder.
    2. Go to Studio, open the Products list and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio then click Delete Installed Metadata.
    3. Go to My Library/Runtime/Support and delete the three DAZ_3D_13968_PoseMaster_for_DAZ_Studio files (1 x DSA, 1 x DSX, 1 x JPG).
    4. Reinstall PoseMaster version 1.5 to the default location (My Library).
    5. When you start DAZ Studio it should reimport the PoseMaster metadata again.
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Appreciate the help - but I don't think that screen shot got loaded correctly - I can't see what you're trying to show me. :(

edited May 2022

Redacted

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

Used Posemaster to convert one of the M4 poses from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses to Genesis (the customer at the counter). DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

. . . grew up to be an astronaut.

GrewUptobeanAstronautx2000.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 1020K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Assuming you can see the image, you want to go the Content Library tab, find Products (between Other Import Formats and Categories) then go to P and right-click on PoseMaster for DAZ Studio. Just follow the orange selection highlights in the screenshot.

All right. Found the Product>Posemaster - right clicked, deleted the metadata - along with all the other steps you spelled out.

I'm still getting the same error message though.

Also, when I try to do the fresh install of posemaster 1.5, I'm still getting a warning about 'recommend you remove the old version first to avoid conflicts' - so somehow it's not getting cleaned out by the deletion process.

I do appreciate all the help and hope we can get this figured out. Let me know what you'd like me to try next once (and I understand the path forward may bequire a bit of trial and error) - so thanks again, and I will do my best to remain patient.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Ok - checked the other post. I only have 10 scripts, not 11, in my categories/default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/utility folder - so looks like the update to 1.5 isn't taking hold for some reason.

Note, I also have a cridgit folder under categories/default/scripts/cridgit (with posemaster/utility and posemaster/test as subdirectories, none of which have any files in them.

And I also have categories/default/unassigned/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/utility which has PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in it

And if I go under Products/P/Posemaster for DAZ Studio - I have 17 scripts there

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Ok - checked the other post. I only have 10 scripts, not 11, in my categories/default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/utility folder - so looks like the update to 1.5 isn't taking hold for some reason.

Note, I also have a cridgit folder under categories/default/scripts/cridgit (with posemaster/utility and posemaster/test as subdirectories, none of which have any files in them.

And I also have categories/default/unassigned/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/utility which has PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in it

It sounds like we might be getting closer to the issue. If you have PoseAssetSerializer.dsb in Categories/Default/Unassigned/Scripts/Cridgit/Posemaster/Utility then at least the file is on your system, but it sounds like the metadata didn't get installed or has invalid references.

What doesn't sound right is having a Cridgit folder under Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit. Does that mean the path is Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/Cridgit?

Sorry - I was speaking loosely there. Wasn't actually describing the directory structure with that line. I just meant your stuff is in multiple places. The actual paths I was describing were:

categories/default/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/utility
    categories/default/scripts/cridgit/posemaster/test
    (so no, I don't have a cridgit/cridgit . . . structure; and those folders are both empty - no scripts in them)

That's certainly not correct, and Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster should have 6 scripts in it, Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster/Test should have 1 script, and Categories/Default/Scripts/Cridgit/PoseMaster/Utility should have the 11 scripts in it. It might be useful for you to check the file system to see where those scripts have ended up (what is in the My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster folder on your hard drive?).

Checked on my hard drive - and everything appears to be installed as you described it, with the right amount of scripts in each folder.

I'm almost sure the install must be going into the wrong location, which invalidates the metadata references so they won't show up in Studio. If you try a PoseMaster reinstall, please give me a screenshot of the screen where you specify the install location? The scripts can't simply be missing - they have to be going somewhere.

And if I go under Products/P/Posemaster for DAZ Studio - I have 17 scripts there

If you can see the scripts in the PoseMaster product view, try running PoseMaster copy from there by double-clicking it. If it works, then we know the problem is in your Content Library references. Tried double clicking this. Still gives me the same error, with script failed to load.
    posemasterdir2.jpg
    1139 x 444 - 68K
    PosemasterDir1.jpg
    1168 x 554 - 83K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Sorry - I've been out all day - just getting to the computer now.

Currently using DAZ Studio Pro version 4.5.0.137 64 bit.

I also have the 32 bit version of DAZ 4.5.0.114 installed on my computer (which I've used a few times recently since it included lip synch ability) and DAZ 3.1.2.24 Advanced Edition 32 bit. I don't know if those extra versions could lead to any problems with clearing out old installations of Posemaster.

Attaching screenshot of PoseMaster for DAZ Studio's 17 scripts under products tab

Posemaster17.png
    935 x 748 - 212K
    edited December 1969

In terms of running other .dsb scripts, I just tried one (SpawnMorph or Light Panel) which didn't work but I am able to run the Poser Format Exporter scripts (both the .dsb and .dse versions). Note - the SpawnMorph and Light Panel .dsb's gave me different error messages than I got with posemaster - these had an error in one line number and a failure to execute.

edited December 1969

Okay - here's where things stand now.
    I went back through the whole deletion process you described a few posts back.
    Also searched my computer to remove all references to Posemaster (except for the pdf file which I left alone)
    Ran the uninstall scripts for Posemaster and Posemaster metadata.

I was then able to reinstall Posemaster 1.4.
    I don't see it showing up in my Default>Unassigned>Scripts folder after scanning directories, but does show up in product area and I can now run the test script - and says All tests completed; 1922 of 1974 test cases passed in 4344ms.

There are once again 17 scripts under PoseMaster for Daz Studio in the Products/P directory.

Advice on what to try from here?

(and much thanks for the Charger/ Milennium Horse freebie - will try it as soon as I get 1.5 posemaster working)

Thanks

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:

Currently using DAZ Studio Pro version 4.5.0.137 64 bit.

The latest version is 4.5.1.6, so you might want to try updating Studio at some stage, but PoseMaster's supposed to work from DS3 and up so let's leave that step be for now.

I'd held off on that update after reading initial comments in the forums about problems with content getting messed up. I'll check the forums again, and may update if doesn't look like a problem for most people (but will hold off till completing your instructions just so we don't throw another variable into the mix)

I also have the 32 bit version of DAZ 4.5.0.114 installed on my computer (which I've used a few times recently since it included lip synch ability) and DAZ 3.1.2.24 Advanced Edition 32 bit. I don't know if those extra versions could lead to any problems with clearing out old installations of Posemaster.

I'd heard different things about this - whether or not you could operate both the 32bit and 64 bit versions of DAZ 4.5 on same system without difficult.y. Can certainly remove the 32 bit version at least until we figure out the PoseMaster 1.5 issues. The only reason I need the 32 bit version is for lip synching with genesis because Mimic Pro can't do it, and the Carrara version of Mimic has its own set of problems (mainly, the inability to capture its mimic data into an NLA clip or animated pz2 file)

I know DS4.5 and DS4 couldn't be installed together, but as far as I know DS4.5 and DS3 is ok. I don't want to rule anything out at this stage, but again let's leave this option be for now.

Attaching screenshot of PoseMaster for DAZ Studio's 17 scripts under products tab

That all looks ok for PoseMaster 1.4. Version 1.5 introduced a new script (Utility/PoseAssetSerializer) which isn't showing but I've just realized it might be missing from the metadata. However, that shouldn't affect the functioning of the scripts.

I was then able to reinstall Posemaster 1.4.
    I don't see it showing up in my Default>Unassigned>Scripts folder after scanning directories, but does show up in product area and I can now run the test script - and says All tests completed; 1922 of 1974 test cases passed in 4344ms. There are once again 17 scripts under PoseMaster for Daz Studio in the Products/P directory.

Good to hear you could run other scripts and that 1.4 is working as expected. That gives us a clean base to start from.

The installer also installs metadata, so you wouldn't find the scripts in Unassigned. They should be under Utilities/Scripts/PoseMaster (or possibly Scripts/PoseMaster). Could you please confirm that? However, again this shouldn't affect the functioning of the scripts.

I've attached some screen shots below - showing where my files were installed

See next post for next steps.

Posemaster14Utility10Scripts.png
    1099 x 773 - 98K
    PosemasterScriptsPresent.png
    1093 x 768 - 174K
    PosemasterEmpty.png
    1083 x 769 - 80K
    edited December 1969

I went through all the steps you outlined. All of the file names, sizes, and timestamps look correct.
    Got up to step 6, confirmed the metadata import, but when I went to verify my directory structure (before and after having DAZ scan for new files), Postemaster remains empty (directory intact but no files present) - see screenshots below -

If I go to default/utilities/scripts/posemaster - then the 6 scripts show up - Batch, Copy, Delta, Keyframe, Paste, and Transfer -, but they all give me Failed to load script file errors, as does the Test script under default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/test.

Note, that default/utilities/scripts/posemaster/utility only shows me 10 scripts instead of 11, dropping out the PoseAssetSerializer even though the other 10 utility scripts are pointing to the directory on my computer which contains all 11 scripts (not sure if that's how it's supposed to look within daz, because that serializer script is showing up, all by itself, under categories/default/unassignedscriptscridgit/Posemaster/Utility (image below)

THINGS I NOTED
    1) I didn't go through and remove Posemaster 1.4 this time. Should I remove it with the steps you described in an earlier post and then retry this whole process?
    2) When you have DAZ import the metadata, at the bottom of the screen, there's a checkbox that's ticked by default which says to let USER DATA override PRODUCT's DATA (image below) - should I uncheck that and try it again?
    3) When DAZ starts up, it asks if I want to include that C:/temp file where we temporarily installed Posemaster1.5. I said no because I'd brought a copy of those folders into MyLibrary as instructed (I actually copied instead of moving) - any problem there?
    4) My Posemaster 1.4 scripts (sitting in BACKUPCOPY of Posemaster) remain functional - don't know if having them present could cause some conflict.

Let me know what to try next.

cridgit said:
    Now let's try the following.

1. Shut down Studio then go to My Library/Scripts and make a backup copy of the Cridgit folder. We'll use this to restore version 1.4 if needed.

2. Run the version 1.5 installer and do a custom installation to a temp folder (I used C:\TEMP) - see screenshot #1 below. You don't need to create an uninstaller etc. and if the installer asks to uninstall the previous version, simply say "no".

3. Go to the temp folder and verify it contains 3 subfolders: ReadMe's, Support and Scripts - see screenshot #2 below. Validate the ReadMe's and Support folders contain the files shown below.

4. Still in the temp folder, verify the Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster and Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Utility folders contain the files shown in screenshot #3 below. Make sure you have the new Utility/PoseAssetSerializer.dsb.

5. If that all checks out then the installation is correct. Now we'll move the installed files into the proper location. Go to the temp folder again and select the 3 subfolders: ReadMe's, Support and Scripts. Move these to your Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library folder. Say yes when Windows asks if you want to overwrite files and folders.

6. Now restart Studio. It will ask if you want to import metadata for PoseMaster and you can say yes. Confirm you can find the PoseMaster scripts in the content library categories: Default/Scripts/PoseMaster as shown in screenshot #5 below.

7. Now you should be able to run PoseMaster Copy by double-clicking it. With nothing selected, it'll give you an error popup saying "Nothing selected" which means its working.

Please let me know if you find anything different at any step above and we'll go from there.
    PosemasterUserData.png
    580 x 772 - 58K
    PosemasterSerializerAlone.png
    1323 x 612 - 107K
    Posemaster11Scripts.png
    1017 x 388 - 101K
    PosemasterDAZOnly10Showing.png
    1073 x 747 - 125K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited November 2012

Hey Cridgit - good news, finally!

I think everything is in working order now. Updating to the newer version of DAZ seems to have been the critical element since I'd tried testing everything else along the way (I think - I guess it's possible I lost track of some of our attempts along the way) - which probably means DAZ will be eager to reimburse both of us for all that lost time in trying to troubleshoot this. I really do appreciate your sticking with me, though, because in my experience, if it gets to DAZ tech support on anything specific or technical like this, the answer just about always has to wait for days/weeks/ or months until a helpful user or PA figures out how to fix or work around the problem and takes the time and effort to share it with the rest of the community.

To answer a couple of your questions in case it helps with any future trouble-shooting efforts on your behalf:
    I have MyLibrary installed at the standard/recommended location on my C: drive here: C:\Users\rob\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

And those backup icons are from Carbonite which I use to backup my computer externally - I need to go back through my settings and make sure I'm only backing up the directories I want. Nothing was locked, however. I went in and made a copy of a script without a problem, and was able to rename the original script as well.

When I run the test script now, it gives me 1944 of 1944 test cases passed in 5522ms.

Thanks again for all the help in getting this working - and for the Millenium Horse to Charger script which will keep me sated till you have time to finish your animal pack!

I have one other question about Posemaster, which doesn't relate to any problem with the program, but just a question about the best way to approach a problem I'm having.

I do a lot of animations (as opposed to stills), and I'd like to work with Genesis (as opposed to be generation 3 or 4 models) for a number of reasons that don't specifically matter to my question at hand. In order to take advantage of all my accumulated poses for generation 3 and 4 models, PoseMaster is great. And if I do an M3 pose to Genesis, and then apply the M3 Shape to Genesis, things are just about spot on.

If I don't apply the M3 shape, however, Genesis's hand may intersect the knee or chest depending on the pose, and in animation, where multiple animated clips are being run together, it can become pretty time consuming to go through and correct all those errors, and then try to keep things smooth.

So my problem comes because I want to be able to apply a variety of clips (converted from m3, v3, m4, v4 and so on to Genesis) - and I obviously can't have all the different Generation 3 and 4 shapes applied at the same time.

So I just wanted to get a couple of points straight in my head:
    1) Even if I don't apply the M3 shape to genesis, will poses transferred by PoseMaster from M3 to Genesis still be closer to the original pose than I'd get just by applying the original pz2 with Genesis selected?
    2) Do any workarounds come to mind in the case where I have a fixed Genesis character and want to apply a variety of poses that have been converted via Posemaster to work with genesis?
    3) Assuming Posemaster can't help with this at the moment (or that it already handles this issue as best it can), is there any script based way you could program as an add on that would automatically prevent intersecting geometries (like a hand in the chest or knee) by adjusting the rotation on a limb until the body parts were clear of each other?

4)One final bit of minutia - after running the batch script to copy a folder of poses into a subdirectory of that folder labeled "GenesisVersions", my poses show up under Categories/Default/Unassigned/Presets/Pose after I scan for new files - is that where they're supposed to show up by default and then I just re-categorize them? (my directory structure shows up in DAZ, where I can see the GenesisVerion folder that i created, but it appears empty from the DAZ interface (even though I can see the files in that subdirectory in Windows explorer)

Thanks again for all the help. The kind of technical support you offered (particularly in combination with the utility of your products) has certainly earned you a long term customer, and I'm sure any one who opens this thread will see how seriously you take the job of supporting your customers.

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

cridgit said:
    . . . grew up to be an astronaut.
    Hi Beth, thanks for sharing. That pose transferred pretty well - it has a nice natural look. I like the detail in the scene.

Thanks! Did it again in my latest PlatClub Inspirations submission -- The woman is using a pose originally for M4 from Moonshines Diner Interior Poses, converted to Genesis with Posemaster.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Looking for Water

LookingForWater-x2000b.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited May 2022

Redacted