PoseMaster for DAZ Studio

joramabbasjoramabbas Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I 've installed PoseMaster for DAZ Studio but I'm not able to use it. I've looked under Pose and Animate, nothing there and also tried checking tabs under windows, not there.
I tried installing it again-the installation went well with not hitch. Not to be found

Tried upgrading to Daz 4.5 uninstalled and installed , still can't find PoseMaster.

Any support will be appreciated

Regards:-)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Posemaster is a Script for DS, you can find it in DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Scripts > cridgit.

• joramabbasjoramabbas Posts: 45
    edited August 2012

I found it, thanks!
    Now the problem is, I cant make it work. I loaded genesis figure in the scene,and tried clicking to see any movement, but nothing seems to be moving.
    I know...I'm looking like a Knob. I clicked on delta and accepted to be copied to default-I guessed!
    Okay, how do I make it work and how do I easily access it than always going back to levels of folders.

Thanks once again!

Best regards
    :-)

Post edited by joramabbas on
    edited December 1969

Cridgit is an active member here, so I imagine he will be along shortly.

Have you had a look at the readme file that comes with it. There is also a PDF in C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ReadMe's, and it is called PoseMaster for DAZ Studio User Guide 1.3.pdf.

• joramabbasjoramabbas Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I'll try and read it while I wait for him.
    Thanks again for your help!

Best regards:-)

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

He has a 'YouTube channel' too. http://www.youtube.com/user/cridgit3d

There's some info on that. :cheese:

Grtz Jean-Claude

• ComanderComander Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Please look this Video on You Tube.
    Its better than the PDF-Tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGI0XAqtmdg&feature=plcp

Greeting from Germany

• DragonPlayerDragonPlayer Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello, I just upgraded to Daz 4.5 and then purchased PoseMaster. I ran the PoseMaster Test and recieved the following error:

Sun Sep 2 15:49:54 2012 Uncaught exception at C:/PROGRA~1/Daz/Studio/content/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Test/PoseMaster Test.dsb:17: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: getScriptFileName

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just purchased and Installed Pose Master, watched the YouTube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGI0XAqtmdg&feature=plcp

This is the error from the DAZ Log File when ran the PoseMaster Test

My DAZ Version is 4.0.3.47 64 bits

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/Content/My Library/Scripts/cridgit/PoseMaster/Test/PoseMaster Test.dsb
    DEBUG: NodeSerializer test completed: 670 of 670 test cases passed in 1318 ms.
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 2139
    WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'result' [null] is not an object.
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:2139
    Error in script execution!

I will appreciate you advice

Thank you

Jorge

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hi Cridgit

The Test Script is installed at C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content\My Library\Scripts\cridgit\PoseMaster\Test
    Yes I am Administator of the PC and I did install it with elevated privileges
    The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium

Where is it located the temporary file it tries to read? I can check that folder privileges

By the way, one of things Im trying to do is to copy the tight/leg/foot from one pose to another, using Genesis, I just want to confirm, is that possible with the copy and paste functions? Thanks

Jorge

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Having your content folders under Program Files in Win7 is likely to cause all kinds of problems -- Win7 protects that folder and moves user files to a Virtual Store, and applications get confused trying to find them.

edited December 1969

Having your content folders under Program Files in Win7 is likely to cause all kinds of problems -- Win7 protects that folder and moves user files to a Virtual Store, and applications get confused trying to find them.

Thanks Mike!

I uninstalled and re installed to a location outside program files and it worked!

Cridgit, also my copy paste from one pose to another worked fine

Thank you!

Jorge

edited May 2022

Redacted

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,, is there any problem posemaster in ds 4.5?

I want to buy it this last PA sale time

I hope to correct poses for V4 to genesis by posemaster,,
    then,, I think pose master may save pose presets as old type file, (pz or dsf or,, etc)

so if I save the pose file as duf and it can move well? ^^;

(I already throw the" pose master" my cart with "racemaker" ^^;)

edited December 1969

I bought this a while ago, but it has been updated to work in DS 4.5. There is a full PDF manual supllied with it. I am sure it will do what you want.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Thank you JimmyC_2009 and cridgit ! 

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Thank you,, I am so hope to try your tools,, but I am worried when I can finish download some items ><;</p>

and I need some Itemized history,, it is bundle items,, so many items came again,,
    I can not grab well waht I installed or not,,,, after that,,
    I often forget download items,,, TT)

then,,,, every refrection of DAZ sight

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow,,,,,

I am sleepy now TT)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited October 2012

Piggybacking since the thread is already here.

has anyone created a Gen3 from Gen4 skeleton map?

I'm not a knob... I can handle the file format, etc. But my David from M4 does next to nothing. The tutorial along with the sample skeleton maps are not entirely clear on this point: do I need to map every bone? I got the impression that I did not need to, but then all that happened was the bones I scripted moved and pretty much nothing else. There's movement in the fingers (not mapped) and movement in the buttocks which I mapped from the thighs. Nothing else (at this point only buttocks from thighs mapped). So I started mapping other bones... got everything done but hands and fingers. All that moves are the buttocks, the fingers and the head (slightly). Nothing else.

here is the file as it stands now, perhaps someone might help (this is david from M4)

hip
    abdomen
    chest
    neck
    head
    lCollar
    rCollar
    lShldr
    rShldr
    lThigh
    lshin
    lfoot
    lToe
    rThigh
    rshin
    foot
    rToe

//after some thought and an experiment, I think it might be the POSE that is the issue. Must explore further

Post edited by evilded777 on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

The tutorial PDF did not demonstrate the scene ID information (or if it did, I missed it). I found that in the video tutorial and added it afterwards.

It actually works without them, or at least seems to. The problem I was having was actually with the pose itself. Most of it simply did not want to transfer, not even to Genesis.

Any idea what might cause that to happen?

This seems like a fantastic tool, thank you. I need to explore more of its possibilities.

You should make a metadata tool :)

edited May 2022

Redacted

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited October 2012

Hi Cridgit -

Can you verify if Batch Transfer is working in Daz 4.5.0 .137 (latest version I think)

I watched your veideo about it for PoseMaster 1.4.

I can see the duplicate pngs and all the new DSA pose files in the subfolder I created - but refreshing my DAZ content just brings up the empty folder, and if I load the file via the merge command and navigating to the new folder, the pose doesn't have any effect.

A quick search showed that DFA has been deprecated in factor of .duf I guess, and the set of 'poses' I converted were some Ironman expressions, which I guess are actually morphs.

Realizing I'd cleared all channels and only selected transforms (as you show in the tutorial), I went back and did the opposite with another folder of expressions, only including the morphs.

But these still don't do anything to Genesis when applied.

So, is Batch Transfer working for Genesis in the DAZ 4.5 beta? Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    And if I capture the morph expressions, is that going to overwrite any morphs (say for a custom face shape) that I've applied to Genesis?

Thanks for any info.

ALSO, on a side note, especially when you put out your character pack with all the people, is there a way you could by default select the bottom two dropdowns based on the source and target we select up top? Once you have twenty options there it's going to be easy to make silly mistakes when selecting in that dropdown)

EDIT - part of my confusion was that I thought I'd gotten this to work previously with PoseMaster - but just realized I'd converted those expressions/morphs via GenX (which is also a very useful plugin for getting the most out of Genesis and your old runtimes). Still, not sure why the facial morphs weren't captured by PoseMaster. Should they have been? And would there be any benefit to running a separate set of expressions that I successfully ported from V4 to GenX through a second conversion with Posemaster? (I'm not clear on whether Posemaster doesn't capture facial morphs of this type or if I did something wrong)

Thanks

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Yep - happy to wait for cumulative update whenever it makes sense to you, and thanks for the thorough reply above. Only bones - hence not face morphs - got it. How about you put your mastermind to making Carrara and DAZ Studio fully compatible next? I will purchase two copies of that product.:-)

edited December 1969

Cridgit,

do not recall the pose exactly, but I think it was from the Casual Actions for M4 set by IronMan13 that is here at DAZ.

Unable, now, to duplicate the difficulty.