PoserPros Old web Site?

thebertthebert Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I know Daz buy the poserpro web site years ago and it got changed to artzone and the store was closed. Is there any way to get old stuff someone purchased from Poserpro web. I've had a hard drive crash and have lost stuff.

Any help or JSOL ?

Thanks

Thebert

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There was a way of getting ones old downloads, up until the time this site was redone. I am not certain if they are still available now, but will try to find out for you.

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Thnaks and waiting :)

edited December 1969

Not coming up with any good news yet. It does rather look as though the answer is going to be no. Have one more person to ask who may know something.

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

:( So JSOL :sick:

thanks

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, that does appear to be the case.

I had a similar problem, when an external died. I had all my downloads backed up on it. Most I could retrieve, albeit slowly, but one site where I had bought quite a bit of stuff had closed down completely, and at very short notice, with no chance whatsoever of getting purchases downloaded again. At least with PoserPros we had a good long period when it was possible to redownload.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 1969

DAZ should put the content from PoserPros in their store. I saw the catalog which still could be browsed after the store was shut down, and there were some really nice things among them which I'd personally like to buy,

Personally I don't understand why anyone let their content become unavailable. If you don't want to sell it anymore (and why would you not as long as anyone wants to buy it?), then put it up as freebies.

edited December 1969

It was all PA stuff, not DAZ3D stuff. Some of the vendors did move to other stores.

edited December 1969

OK, understandable then. Do you happen to know if any of these stores are still open?

edited December 1969

some vendors I think went to Poser Addicts, Haven't traced all of them down though

edited December 1969

OK, will take a look at poseraddicts then. Thanks!