Stephanie 5 has ARRIVED!

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

They look similar from the front, but the suit in the Stephanie 5 product pics has a thong back (http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up02_stephanie-5_.jpg), while the Jasmin suit has a lot more coverage. The Jasmin suit is a great bikini however; two nice features are the color randomizer, and the price: free. I use it a lot.

The v4 version has a thong back as well. I think they are the same suit just one was made for v5 and the other for v4 .. I was just wondering if the vr texture pack at rendo would work on the v5 version.
    like this one .. it would give you much more options
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sunkissed-4-hongyus-bikini/87379

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    riftwitch said:

They look similar from the front, but the suit in the Stephanie 5 product pics has a thong back (http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/pop-up02_stephanie-5_.jpg), while the Jasmin suit has a lot more coverage. The Jasmin suit is a great bikini however; two nice features are the color randomizer, and the price: free. I use it a lot.

The v4 version has a thong back as well. I think they are the same suit just one was made for v5 and the other for v4 .. I was just wondering if the vr texture pack at rendo would work on the v5 version.
    like this one .. it would give you much more options
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sunkissed-4-hongyus-bikini/87379

I can't be sure, but there's a good chance they might. I know some of the color sets for some of the older hair styles do work on the genesis versions, so it might be worth a try. There are lots of texture and shader sets that work on any surface, though, so there's lots of options.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Would someone tell me how tall she is? Specifically the curvy one. Now that I've seen that she's shorter than V5, I'm thinking the curvy S5 might be the right starting point for my genesis avatar revision.

A comparison with S4 would be helpful too.

Thanks.

The Curvy body in and of itself does not change the height. Of course you can mix it with the base body, or my short morph from my Genesis Proportions freebie, etc. and get any height you want relatively easily.
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me - does anything in the Pro bundle require DS4.5? I won't upgrade my DS4, so....don't want to buy something I can't use right away...

Only Lycan Hunter included .duf files when I installed everything. Everything else was .dsf, so should be compatible with DS4. (I haven't upgraded yet, either, and probably won't for at least a few weeks.)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited August 2012

adamr001 said:
    Would someone tell me how tall she is? Specifically the curvy one. Now that I've seen that she's shorter than V5, I'm thinking the curvy S5 might be the right starting point for my genesis avatar revision.

A comparison with S4 would be helpful too.

Thanks.

The Curvy body in and of itself does not change the height. Of course you can mix it with the base body, or my short morph from my Genesis Proportions freebie, etc. and get any height you want relatively easily.

But what height am I starting from? Sorry, but this doesn't actually answer my question. I'm aware that I can scale and adjust proportions as I need to get whatever Height I want. I can do that now with V5. But I'd like to know where I'm starting from.

Or just the percentage of scaling would be fine. (I'll need to get her about 85% the size of Genesis)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    edited December 1969

Just like Genesis base, the curvy is right at the same 179cm (5'10.5") that V4 is.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Just like Genesis base, the curvy is right at the same 179cm (5'10.5") that V4 is.

So Curvey is an add on morph. Great.

How tall is S5?

edited August 2012

She appears to be 5'1".

Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

against the heightscale I've used for years...

201208221230_sp5_height.png
    328 x 193 - 29K
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    She appears to be 5'1".

Excellent. Thank you.

(I'm 5' 1/2")

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

If anyone's wondering, S5 Model is about 5'6", with a disproportionate amount of the extra height being in the legs.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited August 2012

adamr001 said:
    She appears to be 5'1".

I've always measured the DAZ figures (Gen3, Gen 4 and Genesis) in a pose like people adopt when they have their height measured - feet heels together, standing as straight as possible.

Stephanie 5 like that with her default scale is 158.8 cm tall, which is a hair over 5' 2 1/2".

Edited to add - that's both with the scale prop I usually use, and straightforward translating a measuring plane up from y=0 to the top of her head and just reading off the DS ytrans scale, which is in cm.

Post edited by DavidGB on
    edited December 1969

And just for the sake of completeness:

Stephanie 5 Curvy is the same height as base Stephanie 5 (158.8 cm = 5’ 2 1/2)

Stephanie 5 Model is taller: 168.6 cm = 5' 6.4"

Of course any of them can have the scale adjusted from their defaults for different heights.

• wb1hbu_ffa22929c9wb1hbu_ffa22929c9 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I bought the S5 Pro item and wonder what this control does? (See attachment) Personally, I do not like pictures obscuring descriptive text.

Regards Eric

whatbody.png
    161 x 197 - 31K
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I bought the S5 Pro item and wonder what this control does? (See attachment) Personally, I do not like pictures obscuring descriptive text.

Regards Eric

I've only bought the base S5 and don't have that, but I'd guess that's the Keira morph for the Keira character.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Hello,

Regards Eric

This is to apply the Keira-Body morph to your Genesis (Stephanie), you can dial how much of Keira is used at the Stephanie Shape (instead of the icon in the library which applies 100% morph of Keira) - helpfull if you want to mix her with other shapes/morphs...

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

a little render with s5 kerya

i love s5 !

s5_kerya_test.jpg
    600 x 800 - 199K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

STEPHANIE 5!!! :bug:

Alright, that does it! She's out and now I'm off to the petition generators!

I'M RAISING NOISE FOR DAVID 5!! :cheese:

Now, aside from that, She looks FANTASTIC!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen this mentioned, some might be interested to know that the Riley skin appears to use the V4 UVs.

I noticed this when I tried to use the S5 interjection presets on Riley and she switched.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited August 2012

I haven't seen this mentioned, some might be interested to know that the Riley skin appears to use the V4 UVs.
    Nevermind that there is already a Riley for Genesis figure and they both want to install to People/Genesis/Characters/Riley. I edited this new Riley to install to People/Genesis/Characters/RileyS5 to avoid the directory confusion (and then had to edit the metadata file by hand to reflect this change).
    Post edited by cwichura on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I'm impressed.
    It looks like Stephanie 5 is an improvement over V5.
    I'm running C7Pro, and have no interest in the C8.5 beta right now, but if I was, I would seriously think about the Pro Bundle.

Price is a little steep on that though.

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited August 2012

Definetely a keeper. Great SSS maps! This is "out of the box" steph using 3ds Max Mental Ray renderer. Slight Photoshop bloom effect post and background only.

Steph.jpg
    800 x 1066 - 732K
    Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Officer look, I'm sober! I'm heading to Draper to meet my friends Vicky and Mike.

...nice one.

As I am having to move soon I will have to wait for another sale since all the fees and deposits will pretty much trash my account for a while.

I also need to find a set of optical drive rails that will work with my case so I can complete the 64 bit workstation which will allow me to run 4Pro and PP2012.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

bohemian3 said:
    Definetely a keeper. Great SSS maps! This is "out of the box" steph using 3ds Max Mental Ray renderer. Slight Photoshop bloom effect post and background only.

Nice work!! I've never managed to get DAZ figures into Max and get good results (joint deformations, texture breaks), so any pointer on how you got this result would be appreciated greatly. FBX?

I really like how she's shaping up, looking like a real person.

Edit. I see you're having the same problems with how much bump you're using.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so I wonder if her boobs can be dialed down to create a teen/preteen character like the Gen4 version allows. Currently the breast mesh of V5/Genesis has the same deformation issues that V4 had when dialed down to a very petite size.
    Don't worry. She comes with 3 shapes. One is basic, another is curvy and another super model. The basic one comes with small boobs, just like Steph 4. She looks pre-teen to me, except the face.

...When was the last time you saw an actual pre-teen? The basic shape is very much a short adult. She doesn't come with custom breast size morphs like S4 did, and while the Breasts Small morph helps a bit, it isn't much better than what's possible without S5. And those hips don't help, either.
    ...indeed, the NPMs are essential for creating an older adolescent to young teen.

This is my LeelaTeen (apologies if I may have posted this here before) created in PP2010 built using Steph4, several of the V4 Morphs++, and and the NPMs.

Leela_poser_2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 177K
  • Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Barubary said:
    And are the genitals included in the stephanie pro bundle any different from the ones in the v5 bundle?
    They've added a new UV set but given that the file ID number is identical, resetting your V4 Pro edition probably gets you the new UV set too (though I haven't confirmed this)

Stephanie's genitals _should_ be unique since the product is "Based on scan data of a live model." Generic Genesis genitals? No, not for Stephanie!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

shoot - cost more than the supersuit - pass

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

lol, so far I have used her more than the supersuit and only had her less than a day!
    depends what you want cost me $61 platy numb club price, several outfits, hairs (7 in fact plus the one I missed) as well as textures and morphs poses etc

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

By the way, I skimmed through all 6 pages of this thread just now and I'm surprised no one asked, why isn't there a 3D Model Pro Suite for this lovely woman?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here's one I prepared earlier...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/56340/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Height-scaling-guide-for-the-Genesis-base-figure

Steph 5 is 88% of Genesis base shape, so I concur that she's around 5' 2" in the DAZ universe ;)