Stephanie 5 has ARRIVED!

DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Meet Stephanie 5!

Stephanie 5 is the latest generation of the hugely popular petite hometown girl for every day. Based on scan data of a live model, Stephanie 5 represents the next step forward in realism from DAZ. Stephanie 5 includes several shapes, poses, and features that will give you the ability to customize her to your liking and show off her beauty. Because Stephanie 5 is built on Genesis you can mix and match her shapes with each other and with countless other Genesis shapes to create an exponential number of face and body shapes and styles.

Key Features
- Realistic and Original Body and Face shape
- Additional “Supermodel” and “Curvy” Body and Face shapes
- Elite Texture Map based on high-resolution photos of a real model
- Over 2 dozen different Poses
- Fully Compatible with all existing and future Genesis Figures
- Fully Compatible with all existing and future Genesis Add-Ons

Stephanie 5 Fully Utilizes the Power of Genesis to add to your collection of the most versatile figure platform ever created.

SAVE 51%* During the Intro sale.

Buy the Stephanie Pro Bundle and get two additional dress textures Free for a limited time.

*Includes Platinum Club discount.

Feel Free to share your favorite Stephanie 5 renders here!

steph_5_forum.jpg
508 x 723 - 28K
Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited August 2012

She's quite a nice gal... comes with some interesting Skins too...
    So... any hint on how long the IntroSale will last?

And... any Coupon für People who bought the last versions, like you do it with colthes? *puppyeyes*

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Buy the Stephanie Pro Bundle and get two additional dress textures Free for a limited time.

From Product-Site: Purchase this item on or before August 22, 2012 and get 100% off the Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 1 and Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 2. All 3 items must be purchased in the same cart transaction.

According to my calendar we have today August 21. 2012. This is indeed a very limited time ... just one day and the main page of the shop don't work. How should we know that? I wish you would extend the sale and the limited offer 'til September.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

Would like to know if Stephanie has a whole new UV set like V5 did... Because I rather like Riley texture but I'm currently unimpressed with Stephanie and the base stephanie texture... would be a bit of a bummer to have to buy stephanie just for riley. I'm sure there will be more lately but only Riley interests me now.

Then again i suppose that's a good thing, because as they say, 'I'm all tapped out' and couldn't buy it this month anyway, then the sale will be over, then it'll be the PA sale and immediately after the PC sale... DOOMED.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

From Product-Site: Purchase this item on or before August 22, 2012 and get 100% off the Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 1 and Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 2. All 3 items must be purchased in the same cart transaction.

According to my calendar we have today August 21. 2012. This is indeed a very limited time ... just one day and the main page of the shop don't work. How should we know that? I wish you would extend the sale and the limited offer 'til September.

Today and tomorrow.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

YAY!! Stephanie 5!!! :)

Man! Too much awesome stuff has come out in the last week, and me with no cash! I wish the sale was a bit longer, too... but I am sooooo glad to see her here! Can't wait to see all the new renders!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Then again i suppose that's a good thing, because as they say, 'I'm all tapped out' and couldn't buy it this month anyway, then the sale will be over, then it'll be the PA sale and immediately after the PC sale... DOOMED.

Judging by previous performance this year (m5, supersuit), it's likely to be on sale during the PC sale even cheaper.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Can somebody please place her next to V5 so I can see the difference in character scale etc. Pretty Please:)

edited August 2012

anikad said:

Judging by previous performance this year (m5, supersuit), it's likely to be on sale during the PC sale even cheaper.

Um... that's the way it's always been... The intro sale may be higher than future sales, but that's what you pay for: to get it first. You don't see Wal*Mart putting their new stuff on the Clearance rack....

I think the price is excellent for a new release. I just wish I had some money! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

and get two additional dress textures Free for a limited time.

This doesn't seem to be working. I have The Bundle in my cart along with the textures, but the textures remain $4 and change.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    and get two additional dress textures Free for a limited time.

This doesn't seem to be working. I have The Bundle in my cart along with the textures, but the textures remain $4 and change.

Nevermind. I just realized what the wonky shopping cart was doing. God, this place could make breathing seem complicated.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited August 2012

ok, I just realized now, after I bought it, I hadn't added that summer casuals and textures to my cart, :roll:
    did not read this thread until AFTER grrrr!! :snake:
    thought it was a great buy anyway but could have been even better!
    too much hassle to fix, got enough to download already anyway with my crap broadband!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Um... that's the way it's always been... The intro sale may be higher than future sales, but that's what you pay for: to get it first.
    Really, Daz has always discounted something by 65% within 3 months of launch?

You don't see Wal*Mart putting their new stuff on the Clearance rack....

Yes and that would be why they're a multi-billion dollar company

edited August 2012

anikad said:

Um... that's the way it's always been... The intro sale may be higher than future sales, but that's what you pay for: to get it first.
    Really, Daz has always discounted something by 65% within 3 months of launch?

You don't see Wal*Mart putting their new stuff on the Clearance rack....

Yes and that would be why they're a multi-billion dollar company

Well... at Wal*Mart... 3 months is just about the exact time to put things on clearence... since it indicates the start of a new season. Swimsuit cost in May: $25-$100. Swimsuit cost in August: $10-$30.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Would like to know if Stephanie has a whole new UV set like V5 did...

On the Stephanie 5 product page, under what's inlcuded and features, it says 'Stephanie 5 Custom UV Set', so yes.

What I'd like to know is if the genetalia that come with the S5 Pro pack also have e.g. S5 UVs, presets and custom morphs, and if so will the genetalia from buying the V5 Pro pack be updated to include those too.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

This looks great; I have know what I'm buying when I get home. Too bad I volunteered to work over a few hours this evening. Oh well, I probably should do more overtime, as long as DAZ keeps putting out products I like.

By the way, does anyone know what bikini S5 is wearing in the above pic and on the product page? It would be good for some renders I have in mind.

• Mostly HarmlessMostly Harmless Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    By the way, does anyone know what bikini S5 is wearing in the above pic and on the product page? It would be good for some renders I have in mind.

That appears to be Hongyu's bikini for V5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hongyus-bikini-for-v5

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

my first try with s5 and riley ...

s5_riley.jpg
    600 x 800 - 217K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

That appears to be Hongyu's bikini for V5

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hongyus-bikini-for-v5

Thanks. I looked at the product page and it does appear to be the one.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

thadeus72 said:

Love that shirt (Aussie Girl); I'm some 35 hours into a render with that same shirt on a character that _should_ have been S5+Riley. Once that's done, I'll swap her in, and run it again...maybe at a less system-breaking resolution. ;-)

Nice image!

-- Morgan

• edited December 1969

looks great, but I miss the free figures. I will never be able to afford these figures with the high prices on the standalone figures, much less the bundles

edited August 2012

j87brown said:
    looks great, but I miss the free figures. I will never be able to afford these figures with the high prices on the standalone figures, much less the bundles

Genesis is the new Free figure from DAZ3D. :) (Just like V4, when she was new and included in DazStudio) I don't think any of the other figures ever debuted free, did they?

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 397
    edited August 2012

j87brown said:

Genesis is the new Free figure from DAZ3D. :) (Just like V4, when she was new and included in DazStudio) I don't think any of the other figures ever debuted free, did they?

Actually, Victoria 4, Michael 4 and Hiro 4 are all showing as $0.00 orders in my history. I kind of miss the free basic morph (edit: I'd say "and figures" but... Genesis is free anyway), but I do think it's an unsustainable way of working compared to the work that went into it.

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Kachi said:
    j87brown said:

Actually, Victoria 4, Michael 4 and Hiro 4 are all showing as $0.00 orders in my history. I kind of miss the free basic morph (edit: I'd say "and figures" but... Genesis is free anyway), but I do think it's an unsustainable way of working compared to the work that went into it.

True that they are all $0.00 now but when they were released AFAIR they weren't free which is the point I believe Jasmine is trying to make. And, as you say Genesis - which is the real base - is free.

edited December 1969

s l f said:
    Kachi said:
    j87brown said:

True that they are all $0.00 now but when they were released AFAIR they weren't free which is the point I believe Jasmine is trying to make. And, as you say Genesis - which is the real base - is free.

Yes. Exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was asking if any other figure ever launched for free. I don't believe they did. I wasn't around for Gen 3, but I do recall all of the the Gen 4 figures had a tidy little price tag when they were new.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,851
    edited August 2012

thadeus72 said:

Very nice :-)

Post edited by Mada on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    Kachi said:
    j87brown said:

Yes. Exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was asking if any other figure ever launched for free. I don't believe they did. I wasn't around for Gen 3, but I do recall all of the the Gen 4 figures had a tidy little price tag when they were new.

I THINK, not sure, I got some of the Gen4 people for free on launch.
    I always bought the ProPacks, so I was spending money, but I always picked up the free ones when they came out.

LOL! You asked if Wal-Mart put new stuff on the clearance rack. That was hilarious.
    I needed a good laugh the way my day was going.
    :-)

edited December 1969

tsarist said:

I THINK, not sure, I got some of the Gen4 people for free on launch.
    I always bought the ProPacks, so I was spending money, but I always picked up the free ones when they came out.

LOL! You asked if Wal-Mart put new stuff on the clearance rack. That was hilarious.
    I needed a good laugh the way my day was going.
    :-)

LOL.. I got some of them for free...but I waited. I wasn't in pc back then and I remember I would sit and drool over each new one as it came out..lol
    First there was A4...then M4... And H4 and the Freak 4. (Actually, I was gifted with the Freak4 by a generous soul here in the forums, but he wasn't free) anyway... I watched them roll out...and I just pined away...LOL

Sorry to hear you weren't having a very good day...but glad to hear I made you laugh, anyway! :)

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2012

Texture test - Uberlighting (Occlusion Samples 256, Shading Rate 8, Max Error .1, Max Trace 20), default textures that come with Stephanie 5... Used "Look at me!" eyes though. Yeah.... She's a keeper.

Love the poses that come with her!

S4001.jpg
    530 x 625 - 81K
    Post edited by Ikyoto on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

If the texture is supposed to be "Elite", then why is it 4000 and not 4096? I had the same question about the Marie "Elite" Texture.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

as usual I cannot download the poses (could not for M5 either) will have to reset and try later, for some reason those always give me issues with my crap broadband.