Comments

• SIGMAWORLDSIGMAWORLD Posts: 4
    edited November 2012

@Totte

Excellent image. Well done!

Post edited by SIGMAWORLD on
  • CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Here's another one featuring Cyborg Version 4.

This time, used some of my own custom Carrara shaders. Enjoy!

Platinum-Blond---Starstruck.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 521K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969
    dzfire.jpg
    740 x 420 - 59K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Great Cyborg! Think "she" will be seen in some more of my renders from now on :P

2012-11-23_Discontinued_web.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 752K
  • AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yup, fantastic model!

Here is my first run with "her":

Refuge

Refuge2.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 71K
    edited December 1969

And something less heavy:

Lollipop

RoboLolli.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 102K
    edited December 1969

Cool artwork Folks. Mrs Dz has been printing them out and framing in our office.

Last day for the Cyber Monday V4 50% off sale

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Will she get any expansions like Cyborg Model 4 did? Will he get anymore beyond that first expansion?

edited December 1969

Will she get any expansions like Cyborg Model 4 did? Will he get anymore beyond that first expansion?

She's on my screen right now getting a new helmet. M4 is in the works and I'm still taking suggestions

*On a side note, they are getting their own facility for repairs and such that will also house a soon to be released Mech from another big named PA

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Very nice. I look forward to both the expansion(s) and the repair site. I don't know how complicated it would be but what about built-in weapons as some kind of attachment? I've seen renders where people have kept some of the 'skin' from a default v4 or m4 on this but it would be interesting to see some extra support for that so these could be used as cybernetic limb models as well as full robots or even perhaps the full Terminator 2 half of his face messed up style renders. Again, I have no idea how complicated that would be. :)

edited December 1969

Very nice. I look forward to both the expansion(s) and the repair site. I don't know how complicated it would be but what about built-in weapons as some kind of attachment? I've seen renders where people have kept some of the 'skin' from a default v4 or m4 on this but it would be interesting to see some extra support for that so these could be used as cybernetic limb models as well as full robots or even perhaps the full Terminator 2 half of his face messed up style renders. Again, I have no idea how complicated that would be. :)

This can be done by creating an alpha (trans) map.

Just load the face map into PS or whatever you use, add a layer, paint black over the parts you want to be invisible, fill the rest with white and save it, plug that map into the Opacity channel and you are done.

I may give it a try when I've finished rendering another imahe for Mrs DZ. ^_-

edited December 1969

Just a quick test, added even a displacement map (a medium grey border arround the "black holes" but a gradient from white to black would look/work better.

RoboTest.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 152K
    edited December 1969

I ended up using just magnets to push the skin in

edited December 1969

Interesting thoughts, I was also trying/experimenting to mix Cyber V4 with "real" V4 - but right now I havent done a render...

But this one is finished... Kinda of robo-(e)rotic :P

2012-11-25_Cyber_Pose_web.jpg
    1500 x 923 - 322K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Interesting thoughts, I was also trying/experimenting to mix Cyber V4 with "real" V4 - but right now I havent done a render...

But this one is finished... Kinda of robo-(e)rotic :P

Cool one Sedor!
    Just waiting for Cyber-M4 coming by with his pickup line: "My hardware is compatible with your software"
    edited December 1969

LOL - let's see... maybee this will become an add-on? :P

Thanks!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:

She's on my screen right now getting a new helmet. M4 is in the works and I'm still taking suggestions

*On a side note, they are getting their own facility for repairs and such that will also house a soon to be released Mech from another big named PA

I was hoping there'd be more expansions - I am truly in love with the V4 Cyborg! It's been a while since a product was released that made my Muse explode. *grin*

I was looking at one of the props for the face, the china doll one I think it is, and wanting to retexture it to put different makeups on ...like fantasy/sci fi type ones, but I can't figure it out - cos I am a complete doofus when it comes to texturing. Any tips?

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

I went the route of converting her to weight mapping so I could use some Genesis things. I made this image my current desktop image. I cropped it down for the forum.

blood-cyborg-v4-flat2a-cropped-forum.jpg
    768 x 900 - 493K
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    DzFire said:

I was hoping there'd be more expansions - I am truly in love with the V4 Cyborg! It's been a while since a product was released that made my Muse explode. *grin*

I was looking at one of the props for the face, the china doll one I think it is, and wanting to retexture it to put different makeups on ...like fantasy/sci fi type ones, but I can't figure it out - cos I am a complete doofus when it comes to texturing. Any tips?

Ok, goto the Cyborg Version 4 page, click on the Resource Files tab, (near bottom of the page) , and click on the blue Templates link. Save link to hd and extract. Goto where you extracted the templates, and open CyberV4face_T.jpg in your favorite image editor like Gimp (for example) . You will see a wireframe mesh grid of a face mask in the upper left corner.

Make a new layer in Gimp and you can start painting over that area which will apply to the face mask when saved and loaded in as a new texture. What you paint over on the new layer or paste over from another resource is up to you...

Hope this helps. :)

edited December 1969

Keep your eyes peeled on the 'new' Facebook page for upcoming expansion packs.

edited December 1969

Playing around with RawArt's TechnoBorg

borg2.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 585K
    CV4Borg.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 617K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:

Ok...thats just beyond AWESOME!

Love it!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    I went the route of converting her to weight mapping so I could use some Genesis things. I made this image my current desktop image. I cropped it down for the forum.

Very nice image :)

Is there a way to export/import the triax weightmapping? Would love to have it without having to start from scratch myself ;)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

with he release of Horse 2, will there be a cyber horse?

edited December 1969

DzFire™ said:

Freaky 'n' Sweeet!!! Kinda looks like a Borg Queen :)

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Pixel8ted said:

Very nice image :)

Is there a way to export/import the triax weightmapping? Would love to have it without having to start from scratch myself ;)

Thanks!

I just saved a scene so that I don't have to go through each of the steps each time.

I crashed DAZ Studio Pro 4 quite a few times during render. You definitely want to save a scene before attempting a render. I found that if it crashed during render I could try again with a reduced the pixel render size until I hit the sweet spot. Lights also can cause a crash. I have an older system that hasn't got a lot of free hard drive space so I would end up with out of memory "fatal" errors if I tried to render too big or had too many lights. If you do the cyber face, convert the prop over to a figure so you can have it adjust with the genesis shape. The steps are in one of the cyber model M4 threads. If you need the steps, I made some screen grabs and can post those if you don't know how to do it or can't find the thread. :)

edited November 2012

She's also fun when converted to Genesis because you can do cool things like make killer shark cyborgs. This also has the china doll face prop converted to a figure and set to TriAx weight mapping.

There are some stretch issues as this is an extreme shape but those I fixed with some postwork in Photoshop CS5. Below I attached an image of the cyborg as rendered in DAZ Studio 4 Pro.

Note: I turned the cyborg V4 teeth in surfaces to 0% opacity as the teeth go crazy when you do an extreme shape. The teeth were dropping below the china doll face.

cybershark-3-fiery-as-rendered.jpg
    736 x 900 - 193K
    killer-shark-cyber-4revcrop-forum.jpg
    942 x 1049 - 907K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited November 2012

Hehe, sweet... I think a lot of people were hoping for a genesis version of these ;)

If you find the link to the other thread I'd be interested in looking through it.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

DzFire™ said:

I like that.

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Hehe, sweet... I think a lot of people were hoping for a genesis version of these ;)

If you find the link to the other thread I'd be interested in looking through it.

I found it. It was the PA sale thread. See post #113 poster was linvanchene.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6753/P105/#90072