Rumiko for G3F [WIP]

124»

Comments

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited September 2015

Okay, here's Rumiko with the new toonlike Iray shaders. I'm currently having some difficulty getting the 3DL version working... The work continues.

SkinSampleRumiToon.png
    960 x 1248 - 880K
    Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Her skin looks better - softer somehow, but to me she now looks a bit on the orange side.

• scorpio said:

Her skin looks better - softer somehow, but to me she now looks a bit on the orange side.

I've been thinking that myself, actually. I'll lighten it up and see how it goes.

edited September 2015

Maybe this looks a bit better...

SkinSampleRumiToonB.png
    960 x 1248 - 881K
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

That is better and as for the model itself I really like what you've done so far.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

She's really "shaping" up nicely!  laugh cheeky yes

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I've been eagerly awaiting an asian (or more specific Japanese) G3F character but to be honest I didn't get my interest up for this earlier in the thread. That has now changed wink

Btw, I don't think she looks "toon-ish" at all, which is a plus for me.

• I need to get a new bump map made here soon with the deep pores DZ likes in the characters they take, then ;) The shape they seem to like, but there's something about her skin textures that seem to be killing any interest in publication.

Yea, would love to know how to create realistic deep pore effect.  My bumps on Bruno are older than Methuselah and really need a nice update like that! 

• Part of the problem with that is that I don't really like that effect. If you can see someone's pores rom ten feet away, something's not right.

Oh, I totally agree with you there but I'm seeing examples of micro pores in some of the renders.  Not sure if it's a lighting trick or part of the texture and bump or what but it's impressive! 

• RAMWolff said:

Oh, I totally agree with you there but I'm seeing examples of micro pores in some of the renders.  Not sure if it's a lighting trick or part of the texture and bump or what but it's impressive! 

It's in the Normal map, actually. But that in itself (like bump mapping), is a lighting trick that the renderer uses based on the mapping.

That's what I figured.  I'm horrible with lighting, esp realism types of lighting so I won't get my panties in a wad about it!  lol

edited September 2015

Here's a fun one for you guys...

RumiFidget.png
    960 x 1248 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2018

Again with the necroposting: I've not forgotten Rumiko -- I took a rather large break (I checked out completely for awhile), and I'm back to work.

I'm working on a G3/G8F version of her, as well as a dozen others that I've been picking at for the last year or so.

Keep an eye out for a fresh thread in the next couple of weeks for the new setup.

On the upside, I can do at least the girls with their anatomical elements now.

Here's a neat teaser for you...

Sorry she hasn't got the hair(s) she was using before, but I haven't gotten around to converting the G3F hairs to G8.

Yet.

Rumiko8Base.png
    960 x 1248 - 886K