linear camera animation

3bann3bann Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I need a linear camera movement for a 12 seconds animation, but when you keyframe a movement Bryce extrapols the speed :
point A (start) - slow - fast - slow - point B (finish)

How to break this just to have a continue speed of the animation ?

I've tried to modify tangents with the T B C keys but I waste my time, any idea ?

thks

Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited August 2012

Hi 3bann,

First: how many keyframes are in the camera line?

Bryce's 'easing' algorithm on motion is a pain in the ass. But you can crop out the beginning and end of an animation, where it's most significant, in Bryce.

• Make your animation 16s long, with the start at 0 and the finish at 16s.

• Set a working range of 2 to 14s. Essentially, you're only rendering the middle 12s of your scene.

• Now when you play the scene, only the middle 12s will play.

• When you come to render the scene out, choose 'Working Range' rather than 'Current'.

(I recommend clicking this image to see a clearer version of it.)

working_range.jpg
    800 x 598 - 162K
    Post edited by Oroboros on
  • 3bann3bann Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok, that's a good solution to minimise the problem Oroboros.

I hope there was a special key to apply on a keyframe to disable this beziers curve.

These are the camera positions with only 2 keyframes, one at 12 seconds and one at 0.
    You can see only the frame at 6 seconds is ok, but at 3 seconds X should be 300, at 7 seconds 700...

X Y Z
    0" keyframe A 0 30 0
    frame 3" 356,25 30 0
    frame 6" 600 30 0
    frame 7" 675,694 30 0
    frame 9" 843,75 30 0
    12" keyframe B 1200 30 0

maybe a special curve on the Advanced Motion Lab could inverse the Bryce's ease algorithm beetween two points, if someone have this...

The last solution for me will be to put a keyframe every 2 frames.

thanks for your help.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Sadly, no such bezier curve killer exists... But there is another way...

I'm just uncomfortable telling it to you....

You could turn the trajectory into a path.

A 'trajectory' in Bryce is a line of motion created with keyframes. It's a misleading term, because the line of motion you've created is actually TWO things: the line of motion, AND a relative speed calculation. As you say, you can attempt to compensate for the automatic easing of a Bryce trajectory by fiddling with the curves in the AML, but if strictly linear velocity is required, you may be taking all that time you were spending tweaking the trajectory handles and dumping it into the AML.

Turning the trajectory into a path is an attempt to 'strip out' the speed component completely and just have the line of motion as a line of motion. No easing. At Time=0 (0%), the object is at the beginning of the path. At Time=12s (100%), the object is at the final location. Acceleration (if any) now has nothing to do with any curves or easing biases on the line of motion.

Speed is now in the domain of the AML completely.

However... I've found the implementation of paths to have become very dodgy from Bryce 6 onwards. I don't RECOMMEND this as a solution, but you may get extremely good results from it... after you save several versions as you test it...