wish has been deleted why?

IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
edited July 2015 in The Commons

I had over 30 items in my wish list with comments and today when i signed in image my surprise to see my wish list was deleted accept for one item.

can someone explain why and does anyone at daz have access to my account to do this?  I have had stuff  from stone mason and mec3d in it for a long time

I am rather upset seeming i was going to get a couple of things off it today. can someone explain this for me . because this really peas me off

Capture.JPG
1725 x 827 - 83K
Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645
    edited July 2015

mine is gone too. and I had over 200 things in there. I hope it comes back, cause there's no way I'm going to remember what all i had on there to replace it. :(

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

There is an issue with the site where under heavy load with a bunch of users modifying their wishlists at the same time when there is a northeasterly wind and a crow flies over our datacenter that a user's wishlist gets erased.

We have spent a lot of time attempting to find out what is going wrong but this bug is very rare and never happens when anyone is looking at it. But since we know about it, we do have something in place to fix it.

If you would contact customer support we can pull a couple day old version of your wishlist from a backup and restore it for you.

• Mine is still there, and still has comments where applicable. Try the log out/log in dance and if that doesn't help please open a support ticket.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited July 2015
    DAZ_Rawb said:

There is an issue with the site where under heavy load with a bunch of users modifying their wishlists at the same time when there is a northeasterly wind and a crow flies over our datacenter that a user's wishlist gets erased.

We have spent a lot of time attempting to find out what is going wrong but this bug is very rare and never happens when anyone is looking at it. But since we know about it, we do have something in place to fix it.

If you would contact customer support we can pull a couple day old version of your wishlist from a backup and restore it for you.

I am loosing faith guys, so no one has access to my account?  because i had this happen over at renderosity not to long ago and my credit card got hack shortly afterwards. so you see my concern

So how do I fill out a report on this.  I'm still waiting for a response on the helicopter i report a bug on. 

Post edited by Ivy on

well i submitted a ticket and removed all my credit card and paypal information out my account for safety, Like I said I had something like this at rendo happen and my account was comprimised. so you see my concern

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Does this restore-from-backup procedure get tested now and then? When my wishlist got zapped a couple of years ago, I got back approximately the right number of items, but about a quarter or more were things I'd already bought. (This was, I think, a little while before the "check if already bought" system was working properly.)

Your account is still safe. The wishlists disappearing is a longstanding bug that has been happening for quite some time. It is not an indication that anything else is going wrong.

Unfortunately it's a tricky bug that we have not been able to track down due to the fact that it very rarely pops up and only happens in a heavily loaded production environment. If you were doing anything out of the ordinary before your wishlist disappeared I would love to hear about it to see if it helps us track this bug further.

Additionally this restore-from-backup is a bit of a procedure and not an automated process and fetches from whenever our specific backup was created (backups are generated nightly of course but we only pull them down and restore them to systems in-office roughly weekly).

edited July 2015
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Your account is still safe. The wish lists disappearing is a longstanding bug that has been happening for quite some time. It is not an indication that anything else is going wrong.

Unfortunately it's a tricky bug that we have not been able to track down due to the fact that it very rarely pops up and only happens in a heavily loaded production environment. If you were doing anything out of the ordinary before your wishlist disappeared I would love to hear about it to see if it helps us track this bug further.

Additionally this restore-from-backup is a bit of a procedure and not an automated process and fetches from whenever our specific backup was created (backups are generated nightly of course but we only pull them down and restore them to systems in-office roughly weekly).

Thank you for the reply, especially about the security part. The only thing i did was sign in and i went to shopping then i clicked whats new and I place a new item in my wish list of a g2f character and then i went to view my wish list because i wanted to see if any of the maga genises sale items were on my wish list because i would have got those items first.  and  when i click my wish list it was all wiped out accept for the item i recently just placed in it.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

A search says the Wishlist disappearing is a known bug. So... if this helps...

Browser was Firefox. I was looking at the one day sale of up to 90% off of Daz originals on 7-27-2015. The list of sale items temporariliy disappeared but it came back. I suspect the web gurus were performing some kind of update/fix for the sale which reset the cache/cookies and along with other site settings.

I had something like 40 items in the Wishlist that I was watching for going on sale. Sigh.

• cmslcmsl Posts: 1

I had over 200 items in my wish list. While I was shopping, and checking it in the process, I was surprised to see my wish list was deleted and only one item I had removed from shopping chart was there.

I have spent a huge amount of time searching in daz store to create this list. The wish list is a part of my buying method and I was pleased about the recent change in the web that highlights the items in my list. I check the wish list, at least two times a week and now I have to start again. That piss me off a lot, I checked the entire store to create it. :(

As Ivy, I am also concerned about the security of my personal information. I've followed Richard's advice in different ways but the information is still missing.

To please Daz_Rawb and trying to help to find the bug, when occurs (4 hours ago) I was shopping (catching genesis mega flash sale), and having my wish list filtered by genesis figure. I usually open a new tap for each item selected from wish list to study them. I include in the chart all the items I'm interested in. Then from the chart I move to wish list the ones I'm not going to buy this time.

I usually never delete from chart an item belonging to my wish list because, I was afraid (perhaps wrongly) that the item would be deleted from my wish list too, so I move it, not delete it, from chart. I know it won't, call me crazy if you want, but is a redundancy issue for me or fear of murphy perhaps ;)

So I move a pro bundle item (I keep an starter bundle, just in case this information make any difference) and open a new tab to check the wish list. I found only the item moved an all the others are gone.

I opened a support ticket and wait. I would like a solution to recover my information.

Moving from cart to the wishlist at least gives me something a little more detailed to look for, I've looked over that area before but I'll give it a deeper search this time. Thank you for your help, hopefully this leads to never having to restore a wishlist again.

• mwokee said:

A search says the Wishlist disappearing is a known bug. So... if this helps...

Browser was Firefox. I was looking at the one day sale of up to 90% off of Daz originals on 7-27-2015. The list of sale items temporariliy disappeared but it came back. I suspect the web gurus were performing some kind of update/fix for the sale which reset the cache/cookies and along with other site settings.

I had something like 40 items in the Wishlist that I was watching for going on sale. Sigh.

Merged with the current active thread on this topic

Thank you Guys the tech team resolved & restored my wishlist. life is good again : )

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,645
    Ivy said:

Thank you Guys the tech team resolved & restored my wishlist. life is good again : )

Same here! Thank you! But now I'm going to make a word doc with all my wishlist items on it, just to be safe. ;) 

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    Ivy said:

Same here! Thank you! But now I'm going to make a word doc with all my wishlist items on it, just to be safe. ;) 

If you use Firefox browser you can install add-on 'Mozilla Archive Format' that easily saves full page in only one file, which is basically a zip file that has all images etc in it and got a time stamp. So you can make and keep backup copies of your wishlist, serials, etc. I guess for other browsers there are similar add-ons, but if I remember correct the *.maf if quite accepted, open and compatible with linux etc. too.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2017

-

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited July 2015
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Moving from cart to the wishlist at least gives me something a little more detailed to look for, I've looked over that area before but I'll give it a deeper search this time. Thank you for your help, hopefully this leads to never having to restore a wishlist again.

In my past life I had to deal with a few rare bugs.  They were most frustrating and very challenging.  One in particular.  Especially when I was the one who designed the entire software chain from multi-tasking, multi-processor operating system & drivers to display and application.  I had the whole thing in my head.  I knew the design was sound.  I knew my implementation was flawless.  I knew the hardware specifications guaranteed proper operation.  I knew the software like the back of my hand and could envision it completely.  Yet the bug still kept reliably appearing pseudo randomly anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours when the system was very busy.   I GROKed it!  It couldn't possibly do what I saw it do.  Yet the problem persisted.  Crash & burn!    crying  

I worked outside Washington DC and lived in the middle of Washington DC so sometimes my commute on the beltway and interior Interstates were on complete automatic pilot while my brain worked in 5 dimensions trying to understand the problem.  It's amazing that I didn't run into a bus.  After two months of locking myself into a shielded radio-free vault with the three processor system and several signal tracers and oscilloscopes I finally captured and documented the issue.  It turned out to be a design flaw in the hardware permitting a memory bus locking pulse to drift a few nanoseconds too far and occur at the wrong time violating the specifications and permit one processor to change a memory location while another processor was reading it.  That really screwed up my linked lists!   angry I documented the issue and sent it off to Motoroloa hoping that the next version of the MC68040 processor board would have the problem fixed.

This problem was very very rare, many many unrelated circumstances had to come together at exactly the right time.  But it is this problem that established my faith in the belief that: "Given infinite time, anything that is not forbidden is ineveitable."  And when your system is running at gigahertz or even megahertz speeds, "infinite time" might come down to 10 minutes!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694

The tin foil hats do it every time.