Plugin version numbers for DS 4.6

124»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well - whenever he is sending out one of his surveys, there is a field for additional requests ... guess what I am writing each time?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...the same that I have been suggesting?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the same that I have been suggesting?

Probably.
    Maybe, just maybe he gets so bored he does update it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...well right now it looks like he's busy "selling the farm" so to say. Not sure what's up as he's packaging everything, models, membership and courses all together at 90% off. Would normally jump on it but as of yesterday future of the day job is appearing a bit shaky and even 139$ is a bit much at the moment considering.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Since this is the Plugin thread I'd like to mention that the current GoZ plugin does NOT play at all with ZBrush 4R5 that was released about a month ago now. GoZ via ZB sees DAZ Studio 4.5 but DAZ Studio can't connect with ZB. I've done all I can to get it resolved but to no avail. Yes, this is more current beta of DAZ Studio.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Since this is the Plugin thread I'd like to mention that the current GoZ plugin does NOT play at all with ZBrush 4R5 that was released about a month ago now. GoZ via ZB sees DAZ Studio 4.5 but DAZ Studio can't connect with ZB. I've done all I can to get it resolved but to no avail. Yes, this is more current beta of DAZ Studio.

Strange, my DS 4.5.1.6 works with ZBrush 4r5 well through GoZ

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited April 2013

RAMWolff said:

I had that same stupid problem.

On my machine, I fixed it by downloading the DAZ Studio GoZ plugin and reinstalling that, then downloading the newest GoZ plugin from the ZBrush website I could find and installing that. Then opened ZBrush, drew a primitive on the screen and went into edit it, hit GoZ, let DAZ Studio open, then closed everything and it all worked again.

No promises, though. I think the problem is that the 4r5 installer is missing some scripts and stuff that should come with GoZ.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

GoZ works fine for me. That was a pretty old observation!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Updated May 16 for DS 4.6

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

This version fixed all the issues i was having with 4.5 I had some new products and light sets that didn't work in 4.5 that work great in this version 4.6
    also Love the spot render tool I've been playing around with it. It will be very helpful in pre-render animation scenes(big bonus)
    also 4.6, seems to load faster and navigate smoother. I don;t use goZ But I did try the Photoshop bridge & it works fine. I really didn't play with it much other than import a obj into Photoshop to see if it worked. so I'll play with that more later along with the FXB importer, I did try to play with the SSS and render settings I'll post some results later once i get it figured out better.

Over all this is a great start in the right direction it really did fix a lot of issues I had with 4.5. Thanks guys :)

• VenatorVenator Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

How long does the serial numberlast?