Where is Genesis, installation and 4.5

IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

So I installed the new 4.5 then I was trying to install a new character trx for V5.

That's when the frustration began.

I pointed it to the usual "My Library" folder, but it keeps telling me to install in to the same folder that Genesis, V5 and Evolution Morphs are located in. Isn't that the default Daz Studio My Library folder?

I tried a few other just for kicks, but I have no idea where it wants me to install ... and now have no idea where Genesis, morhps, v5 are actually located?? They all show up fine when I'm using them in studio though.

If that makes any sense.
Anyways, if anybody knows where I should point this blasted thing it would be appreciated.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What character is it?

When you installed DS 4.5, did you install the file 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe? This is the updated content installer for 4.5.0.114

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Thus the "Essential" in the Genesis Starter Essentials.
    It worked like a peachy charm.

Thank you very much :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if you can install the starter essentials to anywhere other than the default location?

thanks

Pen

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Does anyone know if you can install the starter essentials to anywhere other than the default location?

thanks

Pen

I haven't installed it yet, but you should be able to specify the path.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Yes, it will accept an alternative destination just as previous installers did. I've never used My Library.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

thanks

Pen

I haven't installed it yet, but you should be able to specify the path.
    Thanks Mike...I just like to keep all my content on an external drive. There is too much to keep it on the fixed drives...and easier to move it when the drive becomes too small *lol. I'm not a content junkie honest I'm not... lol

edited December 1969

Yes, it will accept an alternative destination just as previous installers did. I've never used My Library.
    The reason I asked is that I've had problems previously when I've installed to locations other than my library with the smart content not showing up but that was when it was on a combined installer.
  • edited December 1969

help please,

I installed 4.5 and the genesis starter essentials.... but genesis and genesis starter essentials say the the meta data address is missing... everything else is fine... I have reset and reinstalled the essentials 2x... what am I doing wrong have done wrong???

edited December 1969

flashfire said:
    help please,

I installed 4.5 and the genesis starter essentials.... but genesis and genesis starter essentials say the the meta data address is missing... everything else is fine... I have reset and reinstalled the essentials 2x... what am I doing wrong have done wrong???

What's the exact error you're getting?

• edited December 1969

that is the exact error... however... when I got to poking around.... I canfind the files... but they are all stuffed under genesis essentials and the old .dsa file links are still sitting in the >people> genesis... when I go to poses genesis I get both the old set and the new set... sorry I realize that I sound dumber than dirt but it has been a really long day

• edited December 1969

Let me try again:
    in smart content:Genesis: it is apparently looking for the old .dsa stuff and cant find it
    when I look under essentials in smart content : the lights, genesis, basic poses child male and female are there

when I look in content directory under people genesis she is there and the poses are under genesis poses

when i look under the posing tab both the icons for the old .dsa's are there (non functioning) and the new functioning .dsf's are there too...

it is like my content manager did not drop those old files and refuses to see the new ones

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

flashfire said:
    Let me try again:
    in smart content:Genesis: it is apparently looking for the old .dsa stuff and cant find it
    when I look under essentials in smart content : the lights, genesis, basic poses child male and female are there

when I look in content directory under people genesis she is there and the poses are under genesis poses

when i look under the posing tab both the icons for the old .dsa's are there (non functioning) and the new functioning .dsf's are there too...

it is like my content manager did not drop those old files and refuses to see the new ones

This is also happening my end smart content is dead! only way to load anything is through the old content library. :(

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've tried all sorts of things and my smart content refuses to show up.

edited December 1969

On the Content Library pane options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) choose "Content DB Maintenance > Remove Orphaned References" to get rid of the old, no-longer-correct icons, then "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata" to get the references to the new content.

If there is nothing in Smart Content or in Content Library > Categories, then either the CMS is not running or is being blocked from communicating with DS. Under Windows, Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management service > Start CMS" should start it -- if that doesn't resolve the issue, it may be a security program blocking it or shutting it down.