New Carrara Hair - and PhilW store on sale! [Commercial]

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
edited August 2012 in Carrara Discussion

Just to let readers of the forum know that I have launched a new Carrara Hair product, for Genesis this time (and so only usable in C 8.5). A little odd that the product is launched for a program that is only yet in Beta, but I didn't want to delay any longer.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/addison-hair-for-carrara

Also my whole store is on sale to mark this launch for a couple of weeks - enjoy!

Addison-Popup_6.jpg
500 x 650 - 87K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2012

Nice to have a Carrara sale, not as common as the daz studio sales. Direct link:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/philw

Question, is it possible to include a bonus "ready to render" scene, for example of any of the promo render images?
    Or sell it as a "deluxe edition" with such a scene or an addon...

Post edited by 3drendero on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Nice to have a Carrara sale, not as common as the daz studio sales. Direct link:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/philw

Question, is it possible to include a bonus "ready to render" scene, for example of any of the promo render images?
    Or sell it as a "deluxe edition" with such a scene or an addon...

It is something that I could look at for future releases, although for Hair products, this would mean including the base figure, which would be a "No, No" due to copyright issues.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

I have had a few people ask on YouTube about your English village since I posted my last few videos, so stuck a link in, so hopefully a few sales might fall your way,
    still working on my iClone import, (dunno if you have been following my thread) basically need to retexture EVERYTHING so might be a while before it resembles the original,
    been trying to get a lot of Carrara stuff into iClone for the rendertimes, even losing the skydome and using basic lighting my video of your scene took 48 hours to render, the much longer iClone scene took about an hour, so you can see for animation why I am doing so.

still umming about that hair, tempting, ofcourse THAT is strictly Carrara!

edited December 1969

Hi Wendy,

I noticed the English Village thread briefly last night but I haven't yet had time to check it out properly yet - I'll post in there when I get the chance - quite an undertaking though to re-texture it all!

I have had the Genesis Hair ("Addison Hair" - but no connection to the recent Addison character, just a coincidence) for my own use for months, thought I would make it available now rather than waiting any longer for a release version of 8.5.

All power to you!

Phil

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Hi Wendy,

I noticed the English Village thread briefly last night but I haven't yet had time to check it out properly yet - I'll post in there when I get the chance - quite an undertaking though to re-texture it all!

I have had the Genesis Hair ("Addison Hair" - but no connection to the recent Addison character, just a coincidence) for my own use for months, thought I would make it available now rather than waiting any longer for a release version of 8.5.

All power to you!

Phil

The hair looks very nice. Looking at getting it a little later in the week.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall - Thank you!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Kendall - Thank you!

Does your other dynamic hair products work well with Genesis, or will they need an update? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've ignored the dynamic hair in Carrara for the most part.

Kendall

edited August 2012

PhilW said:
    Kendall - Thank you!

Does your other dynamic hair products work well with Genesis, or will they need an update? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've ignored the dynamic hair in Carrara for the most part.

Kendall

My dynamic hairs will each ONLY work with the specified character. So this latest Addison Hair will only work on Genesis (and will look good on any but the most extreme characters, male and female, even non-humans), while my previous hairs will only work on Gen4 models - V4, A4, S4E, M4, etc. This is because the hair is grown on the mesh and the mesh is different between these products (but all Gen4 models share the same mesh structure, hence sometimes called "Unimesh"), so the hair grows all over the place if used on the wrong model. Hence the need to do a specific hair for Genesis, as previous Carrara hair models do not work with it.

Post edited by PhilW on
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    PhilW said:
    Kendall - Thank you!

Kendall

My dynamic hairs will each ONLY work with the specified character. So this latest Addison Hair will only work on Genesis (and will look good on any but the most extreme characters, male and female, even non-humans), while my previous hairs will only work on Gen4 models - V4, A4, S4E, M4, etc. This is because the hair is grown on the mesh and the mesh is different between these products (but all Gen4 models share the same mesh structure, hence sometimes called "Unimesh"), so the hair grows all over the place if used on the wrong model. Hence the need to do a specific hair for Genesis, as previous Carrara hair models do not work with it.

Ah. I wasn't sure if you had created the hair from a scalp object or directly from the figure head. Well then, this begs the next question: are there plans for the other hairs for Gn? Specifically, Skye Hair?

Kendall

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    PhilW said:
    Kendall - Thank you!

Kendall

Ah. I wasn't sure if you had created the hair from a scalp object or directly from the figure head. Well then, this begs the next question: are there plans for the other hairs for Gn? Specifically, Skye Hair?

Kendall

I would need to recreate it from scratch, so even if it were similar, it wouldn't be exactly the same. I'm going to see how well Addison Hair does before committing to doing any more Genesis Hairs yet - after all it can only be used in C8.5 (because it is Genesis) and that is still officially in Beta, so some people may be waiting for the release version before committing themselves. At least they will have some dynamic hair available when they do!