General Freebie Requests

Comments

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Hopefully someone can help me with this - back before the switch to the current forums, someone posted a freebie platform that I used in a few different images. My problem is, my hard drive crashed and now I cannot locate the prop, making the scene files for those images unusable. It was circular and had two material zones. I've attached an image of it as well in case that helps.

stand.png
    864 x 361 - 126K
  • joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    I asked a few months back, but the need is now urgent; I really, REALLY need to find a decent (even if basic) embalming machine/embalming pump prop for some mortuary scenes I'm planning to create in the next few days. Please reply if you know where one can be located or if you have the Hexagon/Blender skills to create such a prop reasonably quickly. I tried working in both this morning but I'm a total beginner and just don't have the skills yet to create such a prop, even if I kept it as simple as possible.

Basically it's a cylinder on a box.
    Got this much done tonight. Could 'possibly' have it ready within a few days [I usually aim for the weekends]. But no textures or mats. So you'll need a dial image and some text for the sign on the side of the base.
    Will put a switch on it. Hoses, well, those are actually very easy to make in Hexagon. And you can make them exactly how long and to which curve you wish. Draw a line with the line tools. Then apply thickness. Then slap on a uvmap. Done.

edit; I put a few pics here. "Click here"

That's further than I got with my own attempts, to be sure. Thanks! It looks like I'd need textures/mats for the metal and glass surfaces and for the cylinder to indicate the fill level of the fluid (which is usually pink-colored), and with the .obj file to play with I could add the hoses to it in Hexagon (how do I make them posable, though?). I appreciate it very much.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Hey Kerya, no the one I had didn't morph to the best of my recollection.
    And if it helps any, it shows up in the scene as simply "pedestal".
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Does anyone know of a electric violin? There are some nice violins in the Musical Istruments FreebieThread, but no electric ones...

Depending on the style of violin, you might be able to fake one with one of those violins and the "Easy Pose extension cord" that's also listed there. If you're looking for one of the flatter electric violins, though, this won't work.

Hmmm... well I guess I'll get me one of the nice free ones and just retexture it :) Thanks for the Idea with the cord...

If ever someone would create something like this though: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/orchestral-strings/wood-violins-6-string-fretted-viper-electric-violin/475029000905000 (or something similar, there are so many awesome electric violins)... I'd be very happy...
    (I'd pay for it too... but I can't really afford to pay someone to create it just for me and my modelling attempts uhm... let's just say I'm not cut out for this ^^)

edited December 1969

Hmmmm ... try again:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/22534/gallery/11/Poser/Luna-Fayes-Bases-and-Pedestals

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Hmmmm ... try again:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/22534/gallery/11/Poser/Luna-Fayes-Bases-and-Pedestals
    No, but thank you for that one LOL I didn't actually have that set before.
    The one I used there was the only thing in the zip, at least I'm 99% sure it was.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    joea64 said:
    I asked a few months back, but the need is now urgent; I really, REALLY need to find a decent (even if basic) embalming machine/embalming pump prop for some mortuary scenes I'm planning to create in the next few days. Please reply if you know where one can be located or if you have the Hexagon/Blender skills to create such a prop reasonably quickly. I tried working in both this morning but I'm a total beginner and just don't have the skills yet to create such a prop, even if I kept it as simple as possible.

Got this much done tonight. Could 'possibly' have it ready within a few days [I usually aim for the weekends]. But no textures or mats. So you'll need a dial image and some text for the sign on the side of the base.
    Will put a switch on it. Hoses, well, those are actually very easy to make in Hexagon. And you can make them exactly how long and to which curve you wish. Draw a line with the line tools. Then apply thickness. Then slap on a uvmap. Done.

That's further than I got with my own attempts, to be sure. Thanks! It looks like I'd need textures/mats for the metal and glass surfaces and for the cylinder to indicate the fill level of the fluid (which is usually pink-colored), and with the .obj file to play with I could add the hoses to it in Hexagon (how do I make them posable, though?). I appreciate it very much.

I'll work on the cylinder today and see what happens. Am thinking to double it so one can have the glass jar and then another surface for the fluid ... or another cylinder for the fluid.

There are so many shaders available now you may already have some. Check in the Content Library under Daz files for them.

You can certainly take the object into Hexagon and use it as a guide to make hoses for it. Leave the .obj right where it lands in Hexagon. Make the hose "one at a time" if making more than one ... delete out of the project my work.
    With that one hose ... uvmapped ... do NOT move it.
    "Face" mode ... transparency toggled on ... select a section [will be for a bone] and do Copy/Delete/Paste.
    When all the sections are done, name the parts something sensible and easy to remember like 'tube01/tube02/tube03...."
    Then export your work to your Geometries folder in the Runtime.
    Runtime > Geometries > YourHandle > nameOfproject
    The export name for the object is best to be no more than 8 characters in length.
    Also if you give all those bones their own shading domain before exporting; make sure that they all have their own shading domain names AND materials [nothing to be the same, don't worry about looks] and names "must be" no more than 14 characters. [short is better]
    Rigging is then done in D/S4.x
    I'll cover that in my thread.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

I'm in need of something that can be used as a tavern interior- any reasonably medievaly wooden room would do-, and a table and chairs that I could use with it. Any other tavern or pub props would be appreciated too.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I'm in need of something that can be used as a tavern interior- any reasonably medievaly wooden room would do-, and a table and chairs that I could use with it. Any other tavern or pub props would be appreciated too.

This should get you started...

Medieval Old Chamber (complete with wooden beams in the ceiling - but the walls are plastered):
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67434

Tables:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/5774/browse/11/Poser/Tavern-Furniture-1-Tables-for-Poser

Benches:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/5773/browse/11/Poser/Tavern-Furniture-2-Seating-for-Poser

Steins and Tankards (including a wooden tankard):
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/steins.php

Barrel:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/26692/browse/11/Poser/OP-Barrel

Keg tap:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/5790/browse/11/Poser/Tavern-Furniture-3-Keg-Tap-for-Poser

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

You are absolutely fantastic, these are perfect! Thanks a bunch.

edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    joea64 said:

Not sure but I think the real ones are about 1/2 this size smaller. Do you want it smaller or like this?

sofar.jpg
    600 x 600 - 82K
    edited January 2013

robkelk said:
    Does anyone know of a electric violin? There are some nice violins in the Musical Istruments FreebieThread, but no electric ones...

Depending on the style of violin, you might be able to fake one with one of those violins and the "Easy Pose extension cord" that's also listed there. If you're looking for one of the flatter electric violins, though, this won't work.

Hmmm... well I guess I'll get me one of the nice free ones and just retexture it :) Thanks for the Idea with the cord...

If ever someone would create something like this though: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/orchestral-strings/wood-violins-6-string-fretted-viper-electric-violin/475029000905000 (or something similar, there are so many awesome electric violins)... I'd be very happy...
    (I'd pay for it too... but I can't really afford to pay someone to create it just for me and my modelling attempts uhm... let's just say I'm not cut out for this ^^)

There were one or two over at Turbosquid for $.

This one: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/c4d-yamaha-sv-150-silent-violin/587714
    has several file types ... love the name :-)
    It is a slightly different style but it's there.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find an ancient egyptian style of beard? Perferably the plaited kind typically depicted on Osiris.

edited January 2013

joea64 said:
    joea64 said:

Not sure but I think the real ones are about 1/2 this size smaller. Do you want it smaller or like this?

According to the Wikipedia article on blood, the average adult human's blood volume amounts to about 5 liters (some other sources say 5.5 liters), so I think that's the approximate amount that the cylinder/tank holds. This website from a company which sells embalming machine says that the dimensions of one of their "Porti-Boy" models (which is the style you're using) are 24 1/2 inches by 15 inches by 15 inches, with the tank being stated, in U.S. measures, as holding 3.5 gallons:

http://www.southlandmed.com/category.php?c=MarkV

So yes, shrink it down to a height about equivalent to 2 feet high (and adjust the base so that it's proportionate to the cylinder, as in the picture in the link) and I think you've got it. Great work so far! (I see from the picture on that site, by the way, where the hoses/tubes should be connected, down at the lower left of the front panel. From the picture it seems there's only the one hose that actually connects to the machine, but there's a brass gizmo at about the halfway point, which I take to be the actual injection device, and then another hose of equivalent length running from said device through which blood is drained as the preservative is injected. Regarding textures, the body (base) is painted white so that's no problem (just tweak it in Editor), dials are black with an analog gauge in the upper center.

EDIT: The link I posted above was for the Mark V Porti-Boy. I believe you're actually basing your design on the Mark IV Porti-Boy, which has a somewhat smaller tank capacity (2.5 gallons):

http://www.southlandmed.com/category.php?c=MarkIV

I recognized the placement of the instruments on the front panel as being identical to the model. The Mark IV is slightly smaller than the Mark V overall, at 22 1/2" x 12 3/4" x 12 3/4". Shouldn't make a practical difference because overall the two models are designed nearly identically.

Also, I just realized that the trickiest part for a total Hexagon neophyte like me is probably going to be modeling that little brass doohickey on the hose (which I think is the injection gadget itself) and the metal end on the hose. It looks like I'd need to create the hose, then put the brass injection thingie in the middle, then extend the hose an equivalent length and put the metal end/nozzle at the tip of the hose. How should I do it?

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    joea64 said:
    joea64 said:

According to the Wikipedia article on blood, the average adult human's blood volume amounts to about 5 liters (some other sources say 5.5 liters), so I think that's the approximate amount that the cylinder/tank holds. This website from a company which sells embalming machine says that the dimensions of one of their "Porti-Boy" models (which is the style you're using) are 24 1/2 inches by 15 inches by 15 inches, with the tank being stated, in U.S. measures, as holding 3.5 gallons:

http://www.southlandmed.com/category.php?c=MarkV

So yes, shrink it down to a height about equivalent to 2 feet high (and adjust the base so that it's proportionate to the cylinder, as in the picture in the link) and I think you've got it. Great work so far! (I see from the picture on that site, by the way, where the hoses/tubes should be connected, down at the lower left of the front panel. From the picture it seems there's only the one hose that actually connects to the machine, but there's a brass gizmo at about the halfway point, which I take to be the actual injection device, and then another hose of equivalent length running from said device through which blood is drained as the preservative is injected. Regarding textures, the body (base) is painted white so that's no problem (just tweak it in Editor), dials are black with an analog gauge in the upper center.

EDIT: The link I posted above was for the Mark V Porti-Boy. I believe you're actually basing your design on the Mark IV Porti-Boy, which has a somewhat smaller tank capacity (2.5 gallons):

http://www.southlandmed.com/category.php?c=MarkIV

I recognized the placement of the instruments on the front panel as being identical to the model. The Mark IV is slightly smaller than the Mark V overall, at 22 1/2" x 12 3/4" x 12 3/4". Shouldn't make a practical difference because overall the two models are designed nearly identically.

Also, I just realized that the trickiest part for a total Hexagon neophyte like me is probably going to be modeling that little brass doohickey on the hose (which I think is the injection gadget itself) and the metal end on the hose. It looks like I'd need to create the hose, then put the brass injection thingie in the middle, then extend the hose an equivalent length and put the metal end/nozzle at the tip of the hose. How should I do it?

Um. Hi there. Well I'm back online now and the prop was made at the 1st size posted. It's easy to shrink down in D/S on the parameter tab. Had a few images of different types ... the main one was called a Portboy, have no idea which company. Also no idea as to where the end of the tube is supposed to go nor how long. Found all kinds of pictures ... and decided I don't want to know what this is used for. It was the picture of somebody pouring the blood? into a champagne glass that convinced me. And I do wish people would wash out containers before taking pictures of them. Light brown goopy stuff ... yuck.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67192/view/11/Poser/MorgueItemA

How to make the injection thingie? A. Get a bunch of good reference photos unless you happen to have one lying around to study.
    B. Most anything can be started with the basic shapes: sphere, cylinder, box.
    And practice what can be done with the various options. The Hexagon forum is the place to find more people that can help with modeling questions.

edited January 2013

Thank you very much! To answer the question "what is it used for" (not that you really wanted to know, I think :D) it's an embalming pump. It's what morticians use to inject embalming fluid into a body. It's the kind of device that would be found in just about any morgue or funeral home and it would go well with Eerie Morgue or West Park Morgue (or Zombie Morgue, for that matter). Good, in short, for any horror-themed scene set in a mortuary (think "The Re-Animator", for example, or the old '80's horror flick "Mortuary"). Or, for that matter, for a CSI/"Quincy, M.E."/"Crossing Jordan"-type scene, or even an anatomy-lab scene (it's customary for university medical schools to embalm their cadavers for long-term study). Which is WAY more information than you needed :D but it may be of use to anyone else who wants to use this prop.

I really appreciate all your hard work on this project. Again, thank you!! And I'll take it from here on the last few details, namely, the hose and injection thingie/gizmo/whatchamacallit. :)

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    Thank you very much! To answer the question "what is it used for" (not that you really wanted to know, I think :D) it's an embalming pump. It's what morticians use to inject embalming fluid into a body. It's the kind of device that would be found in just about any morgue or funeral home and it would go well with Eerie Morgue or West Park Morgue (or Zombie Morgue, for that matter). Good, in short, for any horror-themed scene set in a mortuary (think "The Re-Animator", for example, or the old '80's horror flick "Mortuary"). Or, for that matter, for a CSI/"Quincy, M.E."/"Crossing Jordan"-type scene, or even an anatomy-lab scene (it's customary for university medical schools to embalm their cadavers for long-term study). Which is WAY more information than you needed :D but it may be of use to anyone else who wants to use this prop.

I really appreciate all your hard work on this project. Again, thank you!! And I'll take it from here on the last few details, namely, the hose and injection thingie/gizmo/whatchamacallit. :)

You're welcome.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

There were one or two over at Turbosquid for $.

This one: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/c4d-yamaha-sv-150-silent-violin/587714
    has several file types ... love the name :-)
    It is a slightly different style but it's there.

yummy... that one looks cool...
    hmmmm... guess I'll have to save some money ^^
    Thank you!

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

would still like these: radii shoes, since i cnnot make my own for m4, new haristyles for m4 and v4 :P maybe some barsoomian add ons for m4?? and creatures???(princess of mars)

edited December 1969

I think all the announcements of new free hair show up in Kerya's list of Free Hair, not in this thread...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

You are absolutely fantastic, these are perfect! Thanks a bunch.

I just knew where to look, is all. You're welcome.

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

i have all the free hair there is :P

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Anyone have or know of a Victoria 4 skin texture that has blond eyebrows? It's a bit distracting making a blond character and she has dark brows. XD

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

There's this one, Amanda Hopkins, and this one, Elena, and a few others over at Renderosity. Try this on too: Freckle V4. This one also has lighter brows: Julia. Remember, even on a natural blonde, the eyebrows are still going to be darker than the hair on the head. My advice is grab as many character packs with skin textures as you can, then go through them and pick the one that comes closest to what you're looking for for your character.

edited December 1969

I've been looking for a good formal shoulder-to-hip sash model for V4 (like the "order sashes" worn by royalty and aristocrats) but just about all of those kinds of sashes that are available are for M4. Can anyone help?

(This picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/aeb73eec7f950ba7162f5e63fb354e2a/tumblr_mhhdv8uHpH1rw9qmlo1_500.jpg shows the kind of item I'm talking about and need.)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    I've been looking for a good formal shoulder-to-hip sash model for V4 (like the "order sashes" worn by royalty and aristocrats) but just about all of those kinds of sashes that are available are for M4. Can anyone help?

(This picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/aeb73eec7f950ba7162f5e63fb354e2a/tumblr_mhhdv8uHpH1rw9qmlo1_500.jpg shows the kind of item I'm talking about and need.)

This worked for V4

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=7904

TheSuffragist-DAZ.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 1M
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a (legal) free pomegranate? Can't seem to find one. Thanks :)

edited December 1969

mishwish said:
    Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a (legal) free pomegranate? Can't seem to find one. Thanks :)

http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    mishwish said:

http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.