General Freebie Requests

Comments

• edited December 2012

... and the morphs that come with Mylochka's hair aren't working. ...

The Mylochka hair props that I've tried use PMD files to carry the morph data. So, to use them in DAZ Studio, I have to run them through Kuroyume’s MorphExchange (a free Java app) to copy & embed the morph data into the hr2 file itself. The Inject PMD script in DS only works with figures, if I recall correctly.

hope this helps,
    Alan

Post edited by merc-daz3d_c669b168a9 on
  • dirk_moroccodirk_morocco Posts: 9
    edited December 2012

Hi,

I had this freebie shoe before but can't find it now. If somebody recognizes it and knows where it can be downloaded, could you point me to where it is?

Thanks!

1.JPG
    159 x 128 - 2K
    Post edited by dirk_morocco on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

alanscape said:

The Mylochka hair props that I've tried use PMD files to carry the morph data. So, to use them in DAZ Studio, I have to run them through Kuroyume’s MorphExchange (a free Java app) to copy & embed the morph data into the hr2 file itself. The Inject PMD script in DS only works with figures, if I recall correctly.

hope this helps,
    AlanThat doesn't help since it's a PC app. I use a Mac.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I had this freebie shoe before but can't find it now. If somebody recognizes it and knows where it can be downloaded, could you point me to where it is?

Thanks!

http://www.sharaget.com/vum3fgq/2highheelst1-zip.html
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

alanscape said:

hope this helps,
    Alan

That doesn't help since it's a PC app. I use a Mac.

From the ReadMe for Morph Exchange...

Minimum Requirements------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows:  Windows 98 or later MacOS:  Mac OS 10.3.4 or later Java:  Java 1.4.2 or later Determining your current Java version:  When MorphExchange is run, it checks the current version available.  If the version is not sufficient, a dialog will open containing a button  that opens your browser to the page to download the required version.  If you have no Java version installed or do not see the application or  this dialog, go to the following link to download the required version:   <a href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html">http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html</a>;   Select "Download J2SE JRE" and follow instructions to download and   install.Installation------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To install MorphExchange, extract the MorphExchange folder from the archive file.  It can be placed anywhere, but a good location is in one the following locations: Windows: "<OS_Drive>:\Program Files\" MacOS: "<OS_Drive>:Applications:" Or you can place it in the folder where either your Poser is installed or where you keep your Poser scene files.

It even runs in Linux...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    alanscape said:

hope this helps,
    Alan

That doesn't help since it's a PC app. I use a Mac.

From the ReadMe for Morph Exchange...

Minimum Requirements------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows:  Windows 98 or later MacOS:  Mac OS 10.3.4 or later Java:  Java 1.4.2 or later Determining your current Java version:  When MorphExchange is run, it checks the current version available.  If the version is not sufficient, a dialog will open containing a button  that opens your browser to the page to download the required version.  If you have no Java version installed or do not see the application or  this dialog, go to the following link to download the required version:   <a href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html">http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html</a>;   Select "Download J2SE JRE" and follow instructions to download and   install.Installation------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To install MorphExchange, extract the MorphExchange folder from the archive file.  It can be placed anywhere, but a good location is in one the following locations: Windows: "<OS_Drive>:\Program Files\" MacOS: "<OS_Drive>:Applications:" Or you can place it in the folder where either your Poser is installed or where you keep your Poser scene files.

It even runs in Linux...OK, downloaded it and ran it on the hair (Mylochka's HiPony hair did have a PMD file). Now the big question: will this retroactively affect the hair already in use on my character or do I have to reload a new hair prop into the scene for him?

EDIT: Never mind. Answered my won question. I did have to replace the already loaded ponytail with a new one on my character. The morphs aren't all they're cracked up to be either. They're pretty limited.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Mylochka's morphs in the free hairs are fairly basic and pretty limited....

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Socks or stockings for Genesis?
    The only one I found is this
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62118/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Sock-Toes
    And I want to use them in Poser, so no autofitting of V4/A3 whatever socks ...

• dirk_moroccodirk_morocco Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks.. but... that took me to 2 download links, one didn't work and the other brought up a big time warning from WOT. So unless it's available somewhere else, guess I'll just have to live without.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks.. but... that took me to 2 download links, one didn't work and the other brought up a big time warning from WOT. So unless it's available somewhere else, guess I'll just have to live without.

Well sorry about that. The original download was on the old forums but I can't seem to find it in my google searchs. :-S

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Socks or stockings for Genesis?
    The only one I found is this
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62118/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Sock-Toes
    And I want to use them in Poser, so no autofitting of V4/A3 whatever socks ...

Kerya,
    Wilmap has a set of tights in her ballet outfit and knee high socks in her football outfit.
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

JoeQuick has a body suit for Genesis that includes feet in the suit. It is here.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

Joe's body suit has a bunch of zones on the legs to give you mid thigh to ankle socks.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dollygirl!

edited December 1969

Finally the Belladonna is done...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/66236/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Belladonna-(Atropa-belladonna)

belladonna.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 624K
  • XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

*Squeeels and hugs* Thank you! That's exactly what I needed! :D

• edited December 1969

This might seem like an odd/big request but I REALLY need the interior of an Indian palace it doesn't have to be huge and it could just be a back wall instead of an entire room.

edited December 1969

SGeisha said:
    This might seem like an odd/big request but I REALLY need the interior of an Indian palace it doesn't have to be huge and it could just be a back wall instead of an entire room.

Well....what exactly is is supposed to look like?

Something like that can be just about anything, so without photo references/illustrations, it's just a shot in the dark.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of any realistic Trapper/Russian hats. I want to use it on M5 but I think I have most of shapes covered in Autofit.

480005.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 129K
  • edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    SGeisha said:

Well....what exactly is is supposed to look like?

Something like that can be just about anything, so without photo references/illustrations, it's just a shot in the dark.

Ah sorry I didn't want to get too specific just in case but something like these http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/jeremyrichards/jeremyrichards0905/jeremyrichards090500053/4955657-ornately-decorated-room-inside-the-palace-of-the-maharjah-of-bikaner-rajasthan-india.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6SBviae1JUo/R7wWC-S4GOI/AAAAAAAABW0/d5qPCYbKNOE/s400/17-4425~Detail-of-Interior-Amber-Fort-One-of-the-Great-Rajput-Forts-Amber-Near-Jaipur-India-Posters.jpg
    Or maybe this third one but it's a tall order
    http://farm1.staticflickr.com/234/451675734_0ee1729449_b.jpg

sorry for the links I forgot how to post images it's been awhile since I've been on the forums.

Post edited by SeductiveGeisha_5dc2c13145 on
  • ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

steampunk ankle boots for genesis wanted.........

• drucdruc Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a free beach volleyball net?

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not free, but there is this one:
    http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Props/11598/Volleyball.Court.Model.Set.aspx

And Poser World is running a special, so for $9.99 you get two months of membership and can download all the items they have put up so far (over 2,000).

edited December 1969

Thanks Foxylady, but I was looking for a free one. Unfortunately, I find myself unemployed and can't justify spending money on something that will be of temporary use. Daz also has a volleyball set in the store. I think I will need to practise more with Hexagon and make my own.

edited December 2012

Something like this?

It's pretty simple and will be a transmapped net texture. The current scale makes it about 32' wide and a close to 9' tall. Not quite 'regulation' size, but close. It's UV mapped, but the only part worth anything is the net. The posts, net support rings can have the color changed by changing the Diffuse color.

Here's another view, this time with the actual net texture...

How do you want it packaged? Right now it's a scaled raw obj...I can make it a pp2 or a duf prop...

(Hmmm...looking at the image, maybe I should make a 'droop' morph for it...)

vballnet2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 475K
    vballnet.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 92K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?

It's pretty simple and will be a transmapped net texture. The current scale makes it about 32' wide and a close to 9' tall. Not quite 'regulation' size, but close. It's UV mapped, but the only part worth anything is the net. The posts, net support rings can have the color changed by changing the Diffuse color.

How do you want it packaged? Right now it's a scaled raw obj...I can make it a pp2 or a duf prop...

Thanks mjc1016, I jumped onto hexagon and made my own. But I am sure other will want a volleyball net so package away. Both are good, as DAZ 4.5 props can't be loaded into 4 or less and pp2 can be.

01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by druc on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 2012

druc said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?

Thanks mjc1016, I jumped onto hexagon and made my own. But I am sure other will want a volleyball net so package away. Both are good, as DAZ 4.5 props can't be loaded into 4 or less and pp2 can be.

Hi Druc, that is awesome and so is mjc's. Could you please share these models as I myself can't model and is also a pensioner who can't just buy the items I want. I have made my very 1st object of a shop cabinet selling fabrics on rolls in Bryce and want to do buildings but Spacebones said Bryce is not really a platform for model making and I should try Hexagon instead. But to get to that point is a pain! I would be grateful if you could share your models. Druc, the building on your volleyball net image (beach bar), can you share that also if it was done by yourself that is!? :)

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

The Beach Bar is easy. http://www.sharecg.com/v/60846/browse/11/Poser/Beach-Bar

The volley ball net may be a little more difficult. I have never posted any model online so I would need to go though and make sure the file structure is correct and all required files are included. At this point in time it is at least two separate props. The net part was made in hexagon and the poles and rope between the net and poles were DAZ primitives (cylinders)

I'll see what I can do. but it may take a day or two.

edited December 1969

launok said:
    druc said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?

Hi Druc, that is awesome and so is mjc's. Could you please share these models as I myself can't model and is also a pensioner who can't just buy the items I want. I have made my very 1st object of a shop cabinet selling fabrics on rolls in Bryce and want to do buildings but Spacebones said Bryce is not really a platform for model making and I should try Hexagon instead. But to get to that point is a pain! I would be grateful if you could share your models. Druc, the building on your volleyball net image (beach bar), can you share that also if it was done by yourself that is!? :)

Laura

I'll try to get mine up later today/tonight...now that most of the holiday madness has receded.

edited December 1969

druc said:
    The Beach Bar is easy. http://www.sharecg.com/v/60846/browse/11/Poser/Beach-Bar

The volley ball net may be a little more difficult. I have never posted any model online so I would need to go though and make sure the file structure is correct and all required files are included. At this point in time it is at least two separate props. The net part was made in hexagon and the poles and rope between the net and poles were DAZ primitives (cylinders)

I'll see what I can do. but it may take a day or two.

Thank you for the link to the beach bar!

Well, you are doing much better than me who have done only 1 simple object. One have to start somewhere I guess ... where there is a will there is a power! Look forward to your model(s). :-)

Laura

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    launok said:
    druc said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?

Laura

I'll try to get mine up later today/tonight...now that most of the holiday madness has receded.

Hi MJC,

Thank you ... look forward to your model and thanks for all your other great stuff too which I got over at ShareCG! Well the ones I could download as larger files I have problems downloading from that site.

Laura

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

Is there a set of mechanic's coveralls out there for V4 (preferably with the S4 morphs)?

Or simple gloves for V4 and M4 - not fancy gloves, but something they would wear to keep motor oil off their hands?

I can't seem to find these anywhere, for love or money... and now I need them for a "garage" render.

Post edited by robkelk on
This discussion has been closed.