Missing Morphs? Having A Problem

PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I recently purchased the Teen Ashley Character and Hair product (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/teen-ashley-character-and-hair). However, there does not seem to be any injects or morphs included for the figure. Whenever I double click the icon to load the morphs, I get an error message saying the following:

'Cannot find a file for /Runtime/librariers/DAZ/Victoria4/Deltas/Morphs++/InjDeltas.SCLChestSize.pz2. To avoid seeing this message, make sure that the Poser content directories are set up correctly"

This error is then followed by more messages that are very similar but for various other body parts. I triple checked my files and re-installed the product, but same problem. I extracted all of the files into a seperate folder to see what files were included in the exe, and there are no files for morphs or injections as there should be.

I then discovered that I am having that issue with all of the V4 characters I purchased, such as Kay, Frostbite, Addison, and the two figures included in the Armageddon pack.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I take it that you do own Morphs++ for V4? If not, then that is the problem.

If you already have Morphs++ for V4, you should reinstall them, and make sure that you run script when asked while installing them.

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Ah, that might explain it. I tried it on V4 but it didn't work because of that I am sure. Does that still apply for Genesis as well?

edited December 1969

Genesis has different requirments. There is no Morphs++ package for Genesis, but there are Evolution Head and Body morphs, and a few others. To make sure you that you have the correct morphs, make sure that you read the Product Page, and it says 'This Product Requires....' etc.

V4 characters do not transfer to Genesis without a bit of work, and you may need the Generation X plugin to do it. You would still need the Morphs++ package for V4 and M4 to transfer any of their characters I believe.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

You mentioned Addison, and the situation there is slightly different (based on the product page, I've bought her but not installed her yet).

Addison comes with two different versions:

The V4 version needs V4 Morphs++ to apply the character shape.

The Genesis version needs V5 to apply the character shape.

Both versions should apply the skin without an issue.

• rbrekkenrbrekken Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm also struggling with this missing morphs++ problem: "Cannot find a file for "/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/Victoria 4/Deltas/Morphs++/InjDeltas.FBMAmazon.pz2" when injecting.

I have installed the V4 Morphs++ package, but is not prompted to run any script or batch file.

I'm running DAZ 4.5 (with V4 and Genesis Essentials installed) and have all V4 content installed into a separate content folder.

Main content folder:
    \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\

V4 content:
    \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\V4\

Regards,
    Roar

edited December 1969

rbrekken said:
    Hi,

I'm also struggling with this missing morphs++ problem: "Cannot find a file for "/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/Victoria 4/Deltas/Morphs++/InjDeltas.FBMAmazon.pz2" when injecting.

I have installed the V4 Morphs++ package, but is not prompted to run any script or batch file.

I'm running DAZ 4.5 (with V4 and Genesis Essentials installed) and have all V4 content installed into a separate content folder.

Main content folder:
    \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\

V4 content:
    \Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\V4\

Regards,
    Roar

First of all, do you have both libraries, 'My Library' and 'V4' listed as both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats in the Content Directory manager?

Did you install the Morphs++ package into the 'V4' library area, and did you install these by hand, or using the new DIM?

Is this the only morph you are having trouble with? There are quite a few of these FBMs in there, Bodybuilder, Bulk, Definition to name a few. Can you please look in the named folder to see if you have any of these?

When does this error crop up? What are you trying to load?

I can load V4 (also from a different library), and I use the Powerloader. All of the morphs load correctly, including 'Amazon', which is in the Parameters pane under 'Morphs | Shapes > Morphs++' (with V4 selected)

edited March 2013

Hi again and thanks for quick response...

Just to be sure, I did a full reinstall of DAZ 3D 4.5 with main content from DIM (lot of stuff including Victoria 4.2 Base, powerloader and StudioCF). Then I installed the two morph packages, ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe and ps_pe070_V4MorphsDS.exe (downloaded manually some time ago). All content is now inside Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ (no separate V4 folder this time)

I've cleaned up the content library folders so DAZ and Poser only includes Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library.

Then I try to do a body inject (into Victoria 4.2 and same problem with Victoria 4 also) from an item which I have installed from a zip file (from Renderosity I think), which gives an error message.
    Then my main issue is that there is no "Morphs++" folder inside "Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4\Deltas\", only "Base", "Aiko 4" and so on.

As far as I know, everything is installed in the same runtime folder.

I have to run now, but I can provide more information later...

Post edited by rbrekken on
    edited December 1969

If you installed V4 using the DIM, and then hand installed Morphs++ into the My Library folder, then they are in two different places, and will not work. If you used the DIM to install V4, why did you not install Morphs++ that way as well?

The DIM installs by default into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library , and not My Library. All V4 morphs MUST be in the same Runtime folder as the Base V4 model.

The DIM will always give you the latest version of anything that is available, and I would use the DIM files rather than old ones you already have on your system. The DIM will also not know that you have these Morphs++ files installed, and will not alert you to any updates.

I would advise against installing some files from the DIM, and hand installing others, it will just lead to confusion.

See if any of that helps you.

edited December 1969

Yes, I know DIM by default installs to PUBLIC documents, but I have to redirect to use another drive because of lack of space on drive c:

But I have come to the same conclusion as you point out, I will let DIM handle the installations, and not install from old downloads.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,
    Roar

• broncomechbroncomech Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This DIM stuff is all new to me and only seems to work with a very small portion of the DAZ products I own.
    How does one download/install an older file that has not been converted for DIM yet??

edited March 2013

The same way as always, just go to your available downloads area, and download it.

Not all items have been converted to the ZIP files that the DIM needs yet, but most of them have. If you have an item that appears in your Itemised Order History, and it is not available in the DIM, just reset and download it in the normal way.

What files do think are missing from the DIM list?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It doesn't yet handle plug-ins or non-Poser/DS content, but for Poser/DS content it should have most items. What sort of things are you not seeing?