SR3 is ready

wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

See http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html

This includes a fix which eliminates the need for some of Cliff's cloth fitting scripts when using genesis in Poser

Comments

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    See http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html

This includes a fix which eliminates the need for some of Cliff's cloth fitting scripts when using genesis in Poser

It absolutely does a better job than at least 4 of my scripts, IMHO. Get SR3 - now :)

Cheers,

Cliff

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

For those who are using scaled figures in Poser:
    There is a new property in the body actor: Follow Origins when Conforming. This is what makes the magic of the animated joints happen in SR3

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited August 2012

And by animated, he means animated... my "M4 to Genesis Gorilla" animation can now wear clothes throughout the animation :D

Post edited by Cliff Bowman on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Sweet! :coolsmile:

It's going to be a long week until I can try it...

• KerwinKerwin Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Just gave the new GoZ plugin a quick work out. It definitely makes creating new morphs a snap! (Although Colorcurvature's scripts also eliminated most difficulties in making Poser FBMs.) Appears to work for both posed and un-posed figures.
    -K

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

How does the Goz work? I just installed sr3 and didn't see any goz button. Nor can I find any explanation of how it works.

Under file export I found a zbrush option but that only saves a file... or is that the goz function? (other goz butttons open up zbrush and give me a tool...

I guess what I am trying to figure out is - Is the exporter just a save function?

because when I try to goz from zbrush it only goes to Carrara...

edited December 1969

It is in the Figure and Object menu: Figure! Export to GoZ and Object!Export Object to GoZ
    A figure or a prop needs to be selected before the menu becomes active

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    It is in the Figure and Object menu: Figure! Export to GoZ and Object!Export Object to GoZ
    A figure or a prop needs to be selected before the menu becomes active

Thanks!!

Not sure how I missed that. If it was a snake... I think I was stuck on looking for Goz (at the beginning of the command...)

Wow instant morphs!!

My wacom tablet still doesn't seem to work very well with Poser - does anyone use a tablet to control the Poser interface or is that mostly just for painting and morphing?

edited December 1969

I find it hard to use the tablet for any UI manipulation (not in Poser or any other app). I always use the mouse until I have to paint, then I switch to the tablet..
    But I have used a mouse since the early 80s, so I am pretty used to it

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited August 2012

I'm glad the fixed the color picker trouble i was having .. now my color pallet is working much better, i can actual get the colors i picked instead of picking a color and it be off from what it looked like in the pallet.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    My wacom tablet still doesn't seem to work very well with Poser - does anyone use a tablet to control the Poser interface or is that mostly just for painting and morphing?

What are the issues that you're seeing with the tablet?
  • DoricDoric Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

No problems installing or downloading, several instabilities gone, definite improvement in the morph brush. Now to go further to see what else has improved, a great update.

D.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited August 2012

Single axis scaling is great; here's Lyrra'a Shape of a Woman 5 Foot pose applied to V4WM in SR3. No breaks in the arm and thigh! :coolsmile:

5footWM_sr3.jpg
    368 x 600 - 11K
    Post edited by WandW on