Dalek appreciation thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...started going though my freebie archives while setting up the workstation and found my Daleks.

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...The Help, There's A Dalek in The Loo Complaint Thread.

Actually makes rather fun Complaint Thread title :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

...already got the first 101st page post for the last one and named the current incarnation, however will toss that in the ring as a suggestion for the next one.

• edited December 1969

Crikey! I didn't know this thread was still around. I haven't done much in the way of modelling for a while but I've just recently completed some new Daleks, which I'll share asap.

edited December 1969

...cool, Still watching this myself.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

I need to download some Daleks and do some renders.

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about. - Giving Sam's latest Dalek a test drive.

13-06-27_Daleks_v_Cybermen.jpg
    794 x 1050 - 365K
  • Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Just messing about. - Giving Sam's latest Dalek a test drive.

Looks very spiffy indeed.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i liked the Daleks serving tea :)

edited December 1969

I have so many renders planned but I cannot work on them all at the same time. I am still trying to think of a Dalek render to put here, but I keep procrastinating on getting the Dalek model that I can use.

• ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    bwaomega said:
    Is this the closest we have to an official Doctor Who thread at this time, or is there one I haven't been able to find?

If it's not then perhaps it should be - not everybody appreciates Daleks.

These guys don't..... Except as target practice.

Wow!Could you share this sontaran stuff??

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

been playing with my own designs

Render_1.jpg
    900 x 756 - 516K
  • Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Very nice indeed. :coolsmile:

ive been playing around with a m4 morph for the great creator , what do you guys think ?

davros.jpg
    1116 x 832 - 381K
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,581

Say!  That's pretty darn good!  It has something of a Peter Cushing quality to his features which I think works really well for the character.  I'm also glad you included the Mekon (a villain from the "Dan Dare" comics) inspired expanded cranium, a feature that was, sadly, all but eliminated from the Julian Bleach makeup.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Good stuff, I've used the M4 The Immortal as a texture base for my Davros pictures

davrosside2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 129K
  • android65marandroid65mar Posts: 10
    edited September 2015

I've been playing around with Samtherapy's 'Stolen Earth' Supreme- here is a render in Iray...

SupremeNVrender.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    Post edited by android65mar on
  • ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited September 2015

Good stuff, I've used the M4 The Immortal as a texture base for my Davros pictures

what morph is that?and where can the rest of the character elements could be found?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2015

Dalek sillyness. laugh

SalvadorDalek.jpg
    633 x 975 - 386K
    SalvadorDalek.jpg
    633 x 975 - 386K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Good stuff, I've used the M4 The Immortal as a texture base for my Davros pictures

what morph is that?and where can the rest of the character elements could be found?

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freeitemdetail.asp?FreeItemID=255

you can find the life support chair, the cranial array and eye implant in this package  

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Dalek sillyness. laugh

hee hee hee hee

• I-ray rendered Daleks. With postwork in Gimp- obviously still some

The morph is from my own fiddling around with M4- using the ++morphs. I don't belierve I used creature creator on that as I didn't possess it at the time. The M4 Immortal texture is on sale on this site. The Davros accessories are from Bill Redfern and I believe are still on the Vanishing Point website freebie pages.

• Seeing how many Daleks I can pack into Sparky's console room.

UltimateDalekAdventure2.jpg
    1280 x 691 - 654K
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Wasn't this originally a zombie thread?... I went to look for that and just saw this one... Maybe I didn't look well enough.  I don't have any Dalek renders, but my washing machine is made up mostly of old Dalek parts... That's probably why it's alway roaming all over the basement going "Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!" and eating all my socks... I love Daleks just as much as anyone else, but they make lousy washing machines.

Well, the beauty is that one now has a HUGE selection of Dalek meshes from which to choose.  When I first dabbled in DW fan art in the early 2000s, there was only 1 Poser rigged Dalek available, one based upon a mesh James Murphy sculpted.  As Poser 4 was the "current" application, it didn't look the best.  Without  "edge creasing" the "skirt" slats blurred into a smooth "cone".  Thankfully, the rendering tools have come a LONG way.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited October 2015
    McGyver said:

Wasn't this originally a zombie thread?... I went to look for that and just saw this one... Maybe I didn't look well enough.  I don't have any Dalek renders, but my washing machine is made up mostly of old Dalek parts... That's probably why it's alway roaming all over the basement going "Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!" and eating all my socks... I love Daleks just as much as anyone else, but they make lousy washing machines.

Zombie thread got moved to the art forum by cho

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64122/zombie-appreciation-render-thread#latest

Post edited by Sfariah D on

i made a new one 

6.jpg
    790 x 832 - 137K

was hoping to find a dalek freebie.  one of the newer M&M colored daleks.  google search gave me this thread.

edited November 2019

From Sam Therapy...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?search=dalek

ShareCG...

https://sharecg.com/b/11/Poser/?keywords=dalek&fsf=a&s=dd&member_type%5BAll%5D=on&attribute%5B2449%5D%5B-1%5D=1&attribute%5B2577%5D%5B-1%5D=1&attribute%5B2439%5D%5B-1%5D=1&tdm=a

MechMaster's "custom" hyper-detailed versions...

https://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/downloads/index.html

More "travel machines" than you can wave a "plunger arm" at!

Most of these links were already provided on the first page of this thread (only 4 previous) by AlDemps.  You didn't see them?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3973/#Comment_3973

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on

thanks.  grabbed the sam one smiley