Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    does anyone else ever get a problem with checkout, where when you get to the payment method, you check "store credit" and then continue, and then you get a pop up saying "Please specify payment method"? This has happened to me twice - I can't recall what fixed it last time, I THINK it was cos they were working on teh site or something?

That's happened to me a couple times but it was because I didn't have enough in credit to cover the purchase.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Hi all --

So the best way to optimize the sale and for the smoothest check out with the least headaches (if you're going the $500 route) is to fill up your cart with Red Tag items or items you've tested that are included in the $250 max off (like, say, Basic Kids clothing, etc -- something that isn't on sale but that's included in the $250 rebate). Once you've hit the $250 mark, then you can shop for whatever else you want to hit the $500 mark.

If you purchase *all* red tag items, then you're getting approx $1,000 for $250; if you've got the $250 red tag items and the other $250 is non-DAZ/Red Tag stuff, then you're getting $750 for $250.

Took some tweaking to finally line everything up, but either way has worked out to be a really solid deal.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2012

Wow, I think the 30% off price on baroque grandeur v2 counted towards the $25 off of $100 deal. Then I got the $20 off rebate on baroque because I had bought the original version,which meant that with a bit of fiddling I managed to get a $100.88 order (baroque, 3 PC items, 2 freebies, 9 or 10 red tag items) for around $55.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    does anyone else ever get a problem with checkout, where when you get to the payment method, you check "store credit" and then continue, and then you get a pop up saying "Please specify payment method"? This has happened to me twice - I can't recall what fixed it last time, I THINK it was cos they were working on teh site or something?

Did you add a coupon at the end? That will cycle you back.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    @Daz:

Could you please add "Katya" to the Generation 5 / Genesis Sales list, as it seems to be missing on that list though being a Daz Original. I know it's not yet on sale but sale starts in two days and I thought it might be better to ask early before the request gets lost in sales chaos..

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/katya

good call, been waiting for a good time to grab that one myself

• edited December 1969

Hi DAZ,

Legends Altar @ http://www.daz3d.com/shop/legends-alter was showing at like $5.24 or something like that. I think it wsa like 65% off and when I went to check out, It jumped up to $10.05 so I went back to the shop to double check it and sure enough the price changed. It appears that the item is a DAZ O item and I am having trouble getting used to this new store (yes, still) and I do not know the rules of this sale. 44% off is still nice given I would only get 30% off typically but if it is supposed to be 65% off, I sure would like to get it for that.

Could someone take a look at this item and see if something fubarred or what? I am scared to hold off on my order now for fear another sale item might suddenly just decide to drop in price for no reason out of the blue but I will give it another hour or so if I can hold my trigger finger in check that long LOL.

BTW, sorry for the OT remark here but RAW Art, dude you are the MAN! I love the Tauran and the Triclops (I have been away from DAZ for a couple of months; I love what you have done with the place! ;-P)

Thank you for the help,

~ Lady Bree ~

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    jakiblue said:

That's happened to me a couple times but it was because I didn't have enough in credit to cover the purchase.

Ahhh!! I wonder if that was what happened? The store credit was a few dollars BELOW the full amount. I didn't realize that would happen - thought I could use the credit and then the rest in the credit card.That is very strange.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Can the Photo Realism Bundle be added to the 4th Generation sale? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/photo-realism-bundle

If that gets discounted, I'm likely to go for the $50 and maybe the $100 (Photo Realism Bundle + Supersuit Pro Suite for ~$80 sounds great...). A couple of individual elite textures are missing too...Ariana and Natasha. And it's too rich for me, but if someone wanted to go for the $500, having the V4 and M4 Pro Suites added to the sale would be a big help, I'd imagine.

And I'd love to see Taylor Hair added to the 4th Generation and/or Genesis sale...is it too new? What about Andromeda Legend for Genesis? The 50% sale on that one came and went so quickly... :( Maybe there'll be a catch-up sale at the end of this...?

@LadyBree...I think Legends Altar was actually discounted longer than it should have been. I passed on it and am kinda regretting that...but I can't afford to grab every nice deal that comes along, and I know it'll be back on sale eventually in case I decide I need it.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Got a reply from my DAZ support ticket: buy the items and they'll refund the difference. Alas, I don't have enough in my account to do that!

Is there anyone at DAZ who can actually add the following items to the sale, please?

EDIT: This has been done - THANK YOU!! I have spent lots of $$ now.

I wished they would do it for Emeli for Laura ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/emeli-for-laura

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Lady Bree said:
    Hi DAZ,

Legends Altar @ http://www.daz3d.com/shop/legends-alter was showing at like $5.24 or something like that. I think it wsa like 65% off and when I went to check out, It jumped up to $10.05 so I went back to the shop to double check it and sure enough the price changed. It appears that the item is a DAZ O item and I am having trouble getting used to this new store (yes, still) and I do not know the rules of this sale. 44% off is still nice given I would only get 30% off typically but if it is supposed to be 65% off, I sure would like to get it for that.

Could someone take a look at this item and see if something fubarred or what? I am scared to hold off on my order now for fear another sale item might suddenly just decide to drop in price for no reason out of the blue but I will give it another hour or so if I can hold my trigger finger in check that long LOL.

BTW, sorry for the OT remark here but RAW Art, dude you are the MAN! I love the Tauran and the Triclops (I have been away from DAZ for a couple of months; I love what you have done with the place! ;-P)

Thank you for the help,

~ Lady Bree ~

Hi, LB! I'm not DAZ, but maybe I can help. That item was a new release and was part of the Customer Appreciation sale for "New Items 50% Off all Weekend long. Check in daily to catch each item." These were supposed to be one day only at 50% plus another 15% to make 65%. It came off that sale after the sale day ended, along with the weekend. The sales are so many with different rules for each, they are a bit confusing.
    The link will take you to a thread with the sales info. Hope this helps
    John

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5495/

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Given that some items of this customer appreciation sale seem to have been on sale even longer than 24 hours yesterday, I'm really starting to wonder about the sale end dates this time around given the very short sale on Addison and Andromedas Legend.
    Are they just randomizing the dates now?

Well, I guess the fact that there hasn't been a single comment on this by DAZ is a response in and of itself.
    And it does help a bit with ignoring the sales currently going on ^^

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

And I'd love to see Taylor Hair added to the 4th Generation and/or Genesis sale...is it too new?

Almost certainly, I bought it 31st of July while it was still on opening offer, so it's only about a month old, the normal rule is only stuff older than 60 days from release goes into sales.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Given that some items of this customer appreciation sale seem to have been on sale even longer than 24 hours yesterday, I'm really starting to wonder about the sale end dates this time around given the very short sale on Addison and Andromedas Legend.
    Are they just randomizing the dates now?

Remember the weekend changeovers probably depended on someone finding time to log in and do that around other commitments, while yesterday they had the whole working day available to do the switchover at a time to suit. The last set of items could go off sale today, or just hang around until the next release on Friday - there's precedent for either.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

I am very confused. The Gen 4 items are still on sale, yes? And the savings are supposed to be 50% until it ends, correct? But the prices I am seeing in that category range from 30% to 65% off. And these are older items, too, not the ones in the daily sale (which appear to be nearly all Genesis, btw) so I can't be mistaking them for that. So which is the right discount?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Why isn't the Steph 4 Pro Bundle on sale the same as Girl 4 and Kids 4?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I am very confused. The Gen 4 items are still on sale, yes? And the savings are supposed to be 50% until it ends, correct? But the prices I am seeing in that category range from 30% to 65% off. And these are older items, too, not the ones in the daily sale (which appear to be nearly all Genesis, btw) so I can't be mistaking them for that. So which is the right discount?

Hi Byrdie! 30% reflects the normal DO items Platinum Club discount. The 50% off is for non-P C members. 65% items are 50% items plus another 15% discount for P C members. A quick look through the Gen4 items that are 30% seem to be things that are both for some Gen3 and Gen4 fits. My guess is that some of those dropped to 30% when the Gen3 sale ended. They should set these back to the full sale price.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

hi

is michael elite 5 hair will be part of the sale

i don't see it in the list ?

thanks in advance

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Ah, the usual between-sales mixup. Hope it gets sorted before the Gen 5 stuff comes up, got a couple V4/M4 things I still haven't managed to buy.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Please bring back the alert that tells you is you have already purchased something. Those of us who buy a lot can loose track after a couple of years.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Why isn't the Steph 4 Pro Bundle on sale the same as Girl 4 and Kids 4?

The whole top half of this page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?compat_figures=27&top_vendor=95
    And several of the items on this page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?compat_figures=26&top_vendor=95
    ...are missing from the 4th Gen sale. (As posted previously, I have my eye on the Photo Realism Bundle in particular)
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

You'll need to contact DAZ via support ticket. I got about 30 items added to the sale that way.

• TercelTercel Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Customer Appreciation Sale - Michael 5 and Victoria 5

I'm eyeing these Pro Bundles for the characters quite covetously (as well as hundreds of dollars worth of other merchandise) and I'm wondering if the generation 5 characters will take the generation 4 textures. Any feedback anyone can offer on this would be much appreciated.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

Yes, Genesis (in any shape) will take any gen4 texture.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

They take Gen 4 textures as well as Genesis does, since M5 and V5 are morphs (and alternate UV maps, which you don't have to use) for Genesis. :)

edited December 1969

Sweet. Thanks folks!!!

edited August 2012

tercel said:
    Customer Appreciation Sale - Michael 5 and Victoria 5

I'm eyeing these Pro Bundles for the characters quite covetously (as well as hundreds of dollars worth of other merchandise) and I'm wondering if the generation 5 characters will take the generation 4 textures. Any feedback anyone can offer on this would be much appreciated.

M5 Pro Bundle is great! I love basically everything in it. I don't own the V5 bundle because I already have several of the included products that interest me, and (much to M5's dismay, I'm sure) I don't have a strong need for the geo-grafted genitalia.

I'm actually in the process of rendering V5 and M5 in each of the textures I own, including several V4 and M4 textures, just as a quick comparison/reference. Here are a couple of quick examples, since I have them handy and thought you might find them helpful. V5 Supermodel in Elite Marie, and M5 wearing the default M4 texture. If there's a specific texture you're curious about, let me know...on the off chance I own it I'll post a render of it on V5 or M5.

The light set I used is the one that comes with Chablis (a nice character to have for V4 and Genesis, especially because of the included lights...I use them all the time). Surface settings are default for each texture.

Edit: oops, meant to post the posed version of V5 with Elite Marie texture.

skintest-v5-marie.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 396K
    skintest-m5-m4sampleres.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 355K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Scott. They look fantastic. Sigh - so much for my resolution not to spend so much on 3D! That M5 heroic face and body is just too alpha male to pass up!!!

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What is happening just now?
    I was checking prices and opened DMs Kapelle. There it is as $2.97 and I paid double that a few days ago..........
    How weird!! and Can I get a rebate as it is in the last 30 days?

newprice.JPG
    785 x 405 - 50K