Dark Apocalypse: Shrieker [Commercial]

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Ok my first attempt at posting a picture on the new forums.

wrym_repaintx_jpgsigsmallerfilesize.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 451K
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

WOW Awesome job DB!! Love the saliva you added too hehe

edited December 1969

Also wanted to share.... the DA Bestiary finally has its first entry. YAY!

http://darkapocalypse.damageinc3d.net

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

WOW Awesome job DB!! Love the saliva you added too hehe

I agree, but then I love your work DB. :-)

edited December 1969

~Whoa~ When did you open up that on your site Barb? Well I better bookmark it if I ever want to find it again. ;-)

edited August 2012

Miss B said:

~Whoa~ When did you open up that on your site Barb? Well I better bookmark it if I ever want to find it again. ;-)

Oh... hm I dunno... about a year ago I guess?? I think about the time Prisoner of War came out. At any rate, it hasn't been high profile yet, as there's so little to this world so far (and it takes time to get stuff made for it lol) I swear, Im gonna have to drop everything else and just do DA stuff LOL

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Ssssoooo... will we get a naked mole rat monster in future? :) You know, to eat those wormies.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Ssssoooo... will we get a naked mole rat monster in future? :) You know, to eat those wormies.

Wellll... I didnt have one planned LOL but u never know.

And speaking of creatures, I have a question for everyone. Actually, its more of a poll. I asked on fb, so figured Id ask you guys that don't have access, too.

What should I do next? (choose only one lol)

A wicky-cool hawt to trot outfit for V4

Another creature, the likes of which have never been seen (and rates about a 20 on the richter scale of coolness)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Darn I missed the game ,but since I was gonna guess my ex-mother-in-law ,I suppose it doesn't matter.
    As to what you should make next I'd say creature ........

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I vote creature!
    I want to rain some doom down upon the heads of our doomed enemies.

Maybe like 5 gorillas Duct-taped to a rabid wombat, taped to a juice box. that would be sweeeeet.

btw thanks for the comments :)

kinda felt out of my element this time though with the desert-y look. my pics of late have been much more wet (wow that came out sounding wrong didn't it?)

edited December 1969

kinda felt out of my element this time though with the desert-y look. my pics of late have been much more wet (wow that came out sounding wrong didn't it?)

Not to me. I've seen Last Girl Standing! :coolsmirk:
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I vote creature!
    We need more dastardly beasties to torment the feeble humans - especially when the beasties are as wicked as your latest creation. :)

And DB - What a render! Love it! :bug:

edited August 2012

Well... its got plenty of doom, as well as benevolence (depends on which way you want to play it heh... oh dear, Ive said too much again) And DB, I thought you pulled the sand off REALLY well. I love how u made billows, like its blasted right out of its hole lol I tried to do that with the promos, but mine is much more... eh, demure lol

And lmao @ the ex mother in law. Now, that's a terror *I* wouldn't even tackle lol

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the contest Iggy! I got me a Shrieker! Render coming after dinner because I'm hungry as a ... well.. Shrieker! :P

And I vote for more creatures!!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Cool creature.

Quick question... do you have a morph that allows for the "head" to be split like the lower jaws held in reserve? I noticed that there isn't one on the creature by default. It would be really cool to be able to open the head in all 4 directions.

Kendall

edited August 2012

Cool creature.

Quick question... do you have a morph that allows for the "head" to be split like the lower jaws held in reserve? I noticed that there isn't one on the creature by default. It would be really cool to be able to open the head in all 4 directions.

Kendall

Unfortunately, no... I have no way to split the geometry in that fashion. At this point, the best way that would work, is to hide the head plate, and to duplicate the lower jaw geometry twice, fit it to the top of the head as a parented prop or conformer. Then morph that piece the same way the jaw is (so it can open and close)

But I do want to mention, this has blank channels. So if anyone wants to make additional morphs, it will support custom morph pose injection.

edited December 1969

Quick Heads Up: The poses reset the figure position back to 0,0,0

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall

They wha?

edited August 2012

Kendall

They wha?

I'm using the Shrieker in a fairly complex scene (7 of them so far) and poses00-06 reposition the figure from the correct scene position to (0,0,0) or in one case pose02(0,-1.81,0.13). I stopped checking after the fist seven poses.

Just thought you'd like to know. BTW DS4.5rc3 using the poses from Smart Content.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

I could be wrong because I never took note of it, but I thought ALL poses do that. I usually pose my figures before moving them, so I've not come across this before, or at least I don't recall it ever happening.

edited August 2012

Oh yah... they pose relative to the floor in Poser (which is very small, and the shrieker is massive in scale) so you definitely want to pose initially, then move it to where u want it in the scene. I had the same issue when rendering the promos and stuff.

@ Miss B Well, poses can be both ways, really. Actually, one could strip out the translations on the body, to keep it fairly center to its starting point. I just didn't. If they are moved by the hip, however, that's a more delicate thing, since the hip is actually part of the pose. But yah, for the most part I pose first and then move them in the scene, too. But there are times when I decide I want a diff pose and it moves back to square one on me lol

edited August 2012

Miss B said:
    I could be wrong because I never took note of it, but I thought ALL poses do that. I usually pose my figures before moving them, so I've not come across this before, or at least I don't recall it ever happening.

When creating a pose preset (at least in DS4) one can tell DS not to include specific settings. Alexa learned this when creating her poses for the Iceskating and bowling poses for the freepository.

If one doesn't include the translations, then the figure stays where it belongs.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited August 2012

Yeah, I just checked and omitting the translate isn't going to work in this case. Because some of the poses sit, and others slither, its going to push them thru the ground if the trans is removed on all of them (or alternately, make some float in the air lol)

Now, you could easily remove them anyway in edit pad, if you prefer (copy all the translate entries and extend one bracket, and replace with nothing) and then just drop the floor, if you want. Or alternatively, just remove the trans entries in a poser editing tool like poser file editor. The trade-off will be having to set them properly on the floor, though.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I just checked and omitting the translate isn't going to work in this case. Because some of the poses sit, and others slither, its going to push them thru the ground if the trans is removed on all of them (or alternately, make some float in the air lol)

Now, you could easily remove them anyway in edit pad, if you prefer (copy all the translate entries and extend one bracket, and replace with nothing) and then just drop the floor, if you want. Or alternately, just remove the trans entries in a poser editing tool like poser file editor. The trade-off will be having to set them properly on the floor, though.

Already edited before I even contacted you. :-) I was just letting you know in case you didn't already. It can be really irritating to have painstakingly laid out a large scene only to have a pose preset jump your figure off camera.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Now, you could easily remove them anyway in edit pad, if you prefer (copy all the translate entries and extend one bracket, and replace with nothing) and then just drop the floor, if you want. Or alternately, just remove the trans entries in a poser editing tool like poser file editor. The trade-off will be having to set them properly on the floor, though.

Already edited before I even contacted you. :-) I was just letting you know in case you didn't already. It can be really irritating to have painstakingly laid out a large scene only to have a pose preset jump your figure off camera.

Kendall

Yeah, having them that way would have failed QA though. They all must drop to the floor properly, and cant float above or dip below. So sadly, that's something that will have to be left up to the end user to do on their own :(

edited December 1969

Hm actually, looking again... as long as the y trans is left, it should work

edited December 1969

Hm actually, looking again... as long as the y trans is left, it should work

Or create separate "Pose In Place - Pose00" poses that don't change the translations.

Kendall

edited August 2012

Ok if you guys want a set that dont move around in the scene, here you go.

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Support/DIShriekerPoses-NoTrans.zip

Note: These are just the poses, and will install to the same directory, and overwrite the origs. If you want to keep them as an aside, I would recommend manually dragging them into the pose folder, into a new folder. You can then copy over the thumbs, since these have none.

edited December 1969

Ok if you guys want a set that dont move around in the scene, here you go.

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Support/DIShriekerPoses-NoTrans.zip

Note: These are just the poses, and will install to the same directory, and overwrite the origs. If you want to keep them as an aside, I would recommend manually dragging them into the pose folder, into a new folder. You can then copy over the thumbs, since these have none.

Very nice! Thanks.

Kendall

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited August 2012

Poor Shrieker took a wrong turn somewhere! :ohh:

LostShrieker1024.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 465K
    Post edited by SassyWench on
This discussion has been closed.