Will there be an Auto-Fit Tool for Victoria 4 and other characters?

lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Not everybody uses Genesis, and I would like an easy way to fit clothes on the V4/ M4 characters I already put some considerable effort into without having to do it all over again with Genesis, especially since Genesis doesn't even have all the morphs that the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 characters have.

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

There's already Crossdresser or Wardrobe wizard for V4.

• lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

There's already Crossdresser or Wardrobe wizard for V4.

But do they work as well as the Auto-Fit Tool?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Depends on the figure that you're getting clothes from. Some things convert fine, some have issues in the hip/thigh area. As with autofit, nothing will be perfect.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

theone20 said:
    especially since Genesis doesn't even have all the morphs that the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 characters have.

Nothing that can't be fixed with GenX.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Edit->Figure->Transfer active morph may help you

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

theone20 said:
    especially since Genesis doesn't even have all the morphs that the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 characters have.

Au contraire. Practically speaking, Genesis has more than either (even discounting the fact that it has male, female and child morphs in one figure). With V4 or M4, many of the PBMs are useless because no one will support them in clothing. You can only use them on a figure that's basically naked. With Genesis, autoconform ensures that PBMs are supported no matter what the clothing creator does, and even 3rd party sets like this one that could never practically be used for V4 because no clothes contained the morphs.

I echo the Wardrobe Wizard suggestion. There's a Genesis plugin for it also.

edited December 1969

Apparently the Auto-Fit tool is free to download, but when I did it doesn't give me a serial number to activate it. Is there something I missed?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

If your using DS4 pro then you already have autofit.

Autofit wont work with V4 or any other Legacy figure (Poser rigging), it was designed specifically to work with Tri-ax figures (Genesis).

edited December 1969

So I just have to uninstall Daz Studio 4.0 Standard and install the pro version?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

theone20 said:
    So I just have to uninstall Daz Studio 4.0 Standard and install the pro version?

No, it is the same program, the serial number entered decides which version you have.
    edited December 1969

theone20 said:

No, it is the same program, the serial number entered decides which version you have.

Well that's what I'm saying, I don't even have a serial number. I contacted the sites help center about this and I'm waiting for a response.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

If you've installed the separate Autofit you may need to uninstall and reinstall DS4 to get rid of the version of autofit requiring a separate serial number (current versions of DS4 are either 4.0.37 or 4.5RC3).

Post edited by DWG on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

theone20 said:
    theone20 said:

Well that's what I'm saying, I don't even have a serial number. I contacted the sites help center about this and I'm waiting for a response.

The serial number is in the readme, if you download the Zip file for the current version of DS 4 pro, or you can go to Help, at the top of the forum page, click on knowledge base and scroll down tha first page a bit.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    theone20 said:
    theone20 said:

The serial number is in the readme, if you download the Zip file for the current version of DS 4 pro, or you can go to Help, at the top of the forum page, click on knowledge base and scroll down tha first page a bit.

Thanks, does Genesis have a skin maps bundle or can I use the skin maps made for V 4.2, because it doesn't seem like it has one?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Genesis can use V4, M4, or K4 skins, defaulting to V4.