What products for V4 inject morphs on the DAZ (PBMDC) morph channels?

XamevaXameva Posts: 19
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Hi there,

I'm a content creator for V4, and I'll be creating a morph pack for V4. I want to avoid morph channel conflicts with other vendor's products as much as possible, to save the customer any headaches.

From what I can tell, most vendors use the Community Channels (PBMCC). When I say most, I mean about 99% of the items I've bought.

Is there a reason for that other than customers being trained to look there, and not at the DAZ channels (PBMDC)?

I don't know many products which use the PBMDCs. So common sense tells me to use them, and have a note to the customer in a library thumbnail image ("The morph is located under the Injection Channels - DAZ, instead of Community Channels").

Or are there well-known/popular morph products which use the DAZ channels?

We want the option which will cause the least amount of conflicts for the user.

Note that ExP is not an option. We don't want the user to have to update their V4.CR2 is order to use our morphs. So unfortunately we are only left with 50 DAZ channels and 50 Community channels to choose between!

Any replies would be much appreciated, thanks. :D

Post edited by Xameva on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Xameva said:
    Hi there,

I'm a content creator for V4, and I'll be creating a morph pack for V4. I want to avoid morph channel conflicts with other vendor's products as much as possible, to save the customer any headaches.

From what I can tell, most vendors use the Community Channels (PBMCC). When I say most, I mean about 99% of the items I've bought.

Is there a reason for that other than customers being trained to look there, and not at the DAZ channels (PBMDC)?

I don't know many products which use the PBMDCs. So common sense tells me to use them, and have a note to the customer in a library thumbnail image ("The morph is located under the Injection Channels - DAZ, instead of Community Channels").

Or are there well-known/popular morph products which use the DAZ channels?

We want the option which will cause the least amount of conflicts for the user.

Note that ExP is not an option. We don't want the user to have to update their V4.CR2 is order to use our morphs. So unfortunately we are only left with 50 DAZ channels and 50 Community channels to choose between!

Any replies would be much appreciated, thanks. :D

AFAIK the Community Channels are for us all to use ... the Daz channels are for the company Daz3d to use, not us.