Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Excellent, as usual! Where do I send the money? :-)

Kendall

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited August 2012

Excellent, as usual! Where do I send the money? :-)

Kendall

Hopefully, to Daz when the time comes, but the jury is still out.

Here's a render to show you some of the pieces in the expansion. Pictured here are the bow tie, waistcoat and scarf. There are still extra morphs to come, and things will layer better when they do, but the first expansion also has morphs, as you can see, for the shirt to make it into a bow tie collar. This expansion also contains an Ascot cravat, shoes and socks and a briefcase.

I'll post renders of those when I've slapped on some textures.

Edit: and a Fedora hat as well.

waistcoatbow.jpg
    700 x 910 - 384K
    Post edited by Marieah on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

GORGEOUS!

edited December 1969

Pleased you like it, Richard. Here are the shoes and socks. The textures don't seem to have applied properly to the sole and heel, so ignore that.

And I forgot to mention that the Expansion has a belt in it as well.

Just working on rendering the cravat and Fedora.

shoes2.jpg
    701 x 793 - 241K
    shoes1.jpg
    621 x 738 - 233K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Are the socks attached or separate from the shoes?

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited August 2012

Would like to know that too. Seperate socks would be great.

The shoulders in some of the pics looks very "80's"-style (like they have pads on the shoulder. And I also think, that the seams of the pants and at the arms-shoulders connction should be a little bit more visible.

But all in all a definitevely Must-Have and thanks to you both to put your hands on this.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
    edited December 1969

Would like to know that too. Seperate socks would be great.

The shoulders in some of the pics looks very "80's"-style (like they have pads on the shoulder. And I also think, that the seams of the pants and at the arms-shoulders connction should be a little bit more visible.

But all in all a definitevely Must-Have and thanks to you both to put your hands on this.

Socks are joined to the shoes. They can be textured separately, or made invisible, but if you want completely separate socks there are other products out there that include them. The expansion already has seven items in it that layer with the original suit. This is incredibly difficult to do and is a ton of work for SickleYield. To add separately rigged socks would have raised the price of the set beyond the utility of the socks themselves.

There are ton of morphs in the jacket, including ones what will do what you want. We are mainly showing the big shoulders in these renders here because people asked for them earlier in the thread, and most people seem to want them. They are a morph also. The default suit doesn't load with the big shoulders.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I am not normally into suits (except regency style) for my characters but I just have to say that I absolutely love this new suit for Genesis! It's so versatile and with the expansion I could definitely see myself using this. Great job! :-)

edited December 1969

I'm really glad you like it.

Here's a first look at the Fedora. There are no morphs in it or the bow tie yet, so I couldn't move them around...

fedora.jpg
    604 x 806 - 369K
    edited December 1969

Update:

We have redone the suit and Daz is happy with it now. I've also redone all the textures because, although I love the pinstripes, they are overly vulnerable to distortion when extreme morphs are applied.

Here's a render of the redone suit. There are more organic wrinkles and extra morphs. The hat, belt, briefcase and shoes are in the first expansion set.

greysuit.jpg
    700 x 910 - 261K
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

that looks awesome! can't wait!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Looking really good!

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

What a fantastic looking suit! Certainly a must-have :-) You ladies have put so much effort and options into this, thank you for letting us watch the process, and for all your hard work! That lastest screen shot is stunning. -Cathy

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

It looks really nice. My only suggestion would be to try and make the shirt collar look more like a real world constructed shirt.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Now that looks really really good! SOLD!

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited August 2012

Okay... I've come late in this feedback... please know right up front, I don't mean to be the kind of critical that is a put down, not at all. It is only feedback for realism.

First let me say... that I KNOW - modeling for clothing is not EASY... not at all!!! I realize the challenge, and complications and frustrating obstacles that arise.... so... having said that... I must be honest in saying this...

The arms - jacket sleeves, too short... the ends, too broad... the shoulders... from the collar to the tip of the shoulders - well, the distance is too short. No broad shoulders will fit into that suit. Only narrow awkward looking shoulders. I'm just NOW learning modeling for something I've been wanting for a very long time. So maybe it's because of trying to fit this suit to Genesis which is causing the unrealistic, bloated, puffy look. Perhaps a sleek, tailored looking suit for Genesis is impossible... and to make it look more realistic will require post working, I don't know... I'm just learning.

But... I mean this in the most "constructive way" really I do... the suit is off. It's awkward... not yet realistic looking. How to make it so, I haven't a clue... I'm learning myself. For now, the sleeves need to be longer - sleeker... perhaps made in a way that if one is using the entire suit with shirt underneath, the inner sleeves should be gone with only the cuff's showing longer than the jacket sleeves. The shoulder pad area needs to be wider - with a slightly greater distance from the collar end - maybe the collars length and then another length and a half of the collar for measure. The jacket front where it closes, needs to meet more exact.

Please don't hate me and feel exagerated... I'm being honest... reason... I need that suit. BUT - I'd rather not have it at all, if I have to do too much postwork to get close as I can to realism.

Best suit ever made, was for M3... the 3 piece suit - it simply lacked morphs to make it more serviceable.
    Look at the shoulders on this suit... http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3-piece-suit-for-m3/ - okay... I'm done.

Again, this was NOT to hurt feelings, or to discourage your hard work... I know what a struggle it is. BUT - as a buyer, if I pay, I want to be happy with my purchase.

Post edited by MKeyes on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    It looks really nice. My only suggestion would be to try and make the shirt collar look more like a real world constructed shirt.

The shirt collar has dozens of shaping morphs, so you can make it whatever shape you want it. The shape shown is a morph - one I liked personally.

I'm really pleased you are all liking it. I do think it's better for the frustrating to-ing and fro-ing with Daz. Here's one showing one of the new tweedy textures.

newtweedy.jpg
    700 x 910 - 491K
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Okay... I've come late in this feedback... please know right up front, I don't mean to be the kind of critical that is a put down, not at all. It is only feedback for realism.

First let me say... that I KNOW - modeling for clothing is not EASY... not at all!!! I realize the challenge, and complications and frustrating obstacles that arise.... so... having said that... I must be honest in saying this...

The arms - jacket sleeves, too short... the ends, too broad... the shoulders... from the collar to the tip of the shoulders - well, the distance is too short. No broad shoulders will fit into that suit. Only narrow awkward looking shoulders. I'm just NOW learning modeling for something I've been wanting for a very long time. So maybe it's because of trying to fit this suit to Genesis which is causing the unrealistic, bloated, puffy look. Perhaps a sleek, tailored looking suit for Genesis is impossible... and to make it look more realistic will require post working, I don't know... I'm just learning.

But... I mean this in the most "constructive way" really I do... the suit is off. It's awkward... not yet realistic looking. How to make it so, I haven't a clue... I'm learning myself. For now, the sleeves need to be longer - sleeker... perhaps made in a way that if one is using the entire suit with shirt underneath, the inner sleeves should be gone with only the cuff's showing longer than the jacket sleeves. The shoulder pad area needs to be wider - with a slightly greater distance from the collar end - maybe the collars length and then another length and a half of the collar for measure. The jacket front where it closes, needs to meet more exact.

Please don't hate me and feel exagerated... I'm being honest... reason... I need that suit. BUT - I'd rather not have it at all, if I have to do too much postwork to get close as I can to realism.

Best suit ever made, was for M3... the 3 piece suit - it simply lacked morphs to make it more serviceable.
    Look at the shoulders on this suit... http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3-piece-suit-for-m3/ - okay... I'm done.

Again, this was NOT to hurt feelings, or to discourage your hard work... I know what a struggle it is. BUT - as a buyer, if I pay, I want to be happy with my purchase.

Cross post here. This suit has literally hundreds of shaping and fitting morphs. There has never been a suit like it.

There are morphs to shorten and lengthen the sleeves. I shortened them for that image because I wanted the cuffs to show.

There are morphs to make the shoulders more wide and more square as well. Again, I just spun dials until I was happy with that image. Bloated puffiness is often caused by smoothing. turn it off, and creases become sharper and everything is crisper.

Also remember that this is layered and that's really hard to do, and is why the M4 suit jacket, shirt and tie came in one piece. That was a tight suit and everyone complained like crazy about both things. But there are morphs to make the suit tight if that's what you want. It's way harder to make a loose suit work in DS than a tight one.

The jacket opens and closes in various ways. There are morphs for this as well.

We spent ages with Daz wanting the suit to be more realistic and finally they are are very happy. That was the image they received. But it's just one of many options. You can have tight pants, hipster pants, shorter or longer pants and even bell-bottomed pants. You can change the length and the shaping of the jacket with morphs and the size and shape of the lapels and even pop them and that's just for starters.

There has never been a suit like this one. I think people are having much trouble getting their heads around the fact that it has hundreds of morphs and any given image is of what the user (in this case me) has chosen to do with it. And it fits all the girls and even the baby as well.

So what I'm saying is that there is really every chance that with the included morphs you can make it look just as you want it to. I don't think we can make it any better than it is now.

newrunning.jpg
    700 x 910 - 464K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

OMG, yessss. I want that, so badly. :)

edited December 1969

Marieah said:

The jacket opens and closes in various ways. There are morphs for this as well.

We spent ages with Daz wanting the suit to be more realistic and finally they are are very happy. That was the image they received. But it's just one of many options. You can have tight pants, hipster pants, shorter or longer pants and even bell-bottomed pants. You can change the length and the shaping of the jacket with morphs and the size and shape of the lapels and even pop them and that's just for starters.

There has never been a suit like this one. I think people are having much trouble getting their heads around the fact that it has hundreds of morphs and any given image is of what the user (in this case me) has chosen to do with it. And it fits all the girls and even the baby as well.

So what I'm saying is that there is really every chance that with the included morphs you can make it look just as you want it to. I don't think we can make it any better than it is now.

This render with the open and flying free looks really good! I guess I will have to wait and see. With all the morphs you've mentioned, true - I might find that it is exactly what I'm looking for. So... time will tell, I do know this, I will be purchasing it to give it a go.

I for you commend all of your efforts and the textures also look great. Again, time will tell... or maybe, we just need to see more of what it can do, to fully realize the potential! Thank you for showing this other render... looks good!

edited December 1969

Well, here's a couple more renders that show the versatility.

chairnew.jpg
    700 x 910 - 298K
    mumbub.jpg
    700 x 910 - 351K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Marieah. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*tilts her head*

Any chance to see Robert Downey Jr. look-alike dressed like Tony Stark in business wear? The second picture is oh so tantalizingly close...

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Looking great ladies! I particularly love the black suit in the latest renders Marieah has posted.

Fantastic effort!

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Well, here's a couple more renders that show the versatility.

Thanks - definitely looking more the part. The latter renders show this suit in a more favorable light - now the versatility is more apparent and certainly attractive!

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Looking great ladies! I particularly love the black suit in the latest renders Marieah has posted.

Fantastic effort!

Hugs

Pen

Thanks Pen. The black is actually an included pale broadcloth to which you can add your own diffuse color. V5 is wearing a raw silk that is also designed for a user diffuse color.

I really shouldn't do this. It means nobody will want my add-on texture set.:-(:down:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Pendraia said:

Fantastic effort!

Hugs

Pen

Thanks Pen. The black is actually an included pale broadcloth to which you can add your own diffuse color. V5 is wearing a raw silk that is also designed for a user diffuse color.

I really shouldn't do this. It means nobody will want my add-on texture set.:-(:down:

Fantastic...I'm sure that they will still want your textures. Maybe we need another shader set "Pinstripes, suit fabrics and shirts"

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Marieah said:
    Pendraia said:

Fantastic effort!

Hugs

Pen

Fantastic...I'm sure that they will still want your textures. Maybe we need another shader set "Pinstripes, suit fabrics and shirts"

Hugs

Pen

Thanks Pen. I'm going to give the pinstripes as a freebie. The add on will be more velvets, rough tweed with leather patches and maybe even stitched denim...that kind of thing to take it in a different direction.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Pendraia said:

Fantastic effort!

Hugs

Pen

I'll by them. I've become somewhat of a texture and shader junkie.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Hugs

Pen

Sorry, I didn't read this properly the first time around. There is such a shader set already. It's called MachPack and it's part of my Fabricator family. It's full of masculine-orientated textures including pinstripes, shirts, denims, leathers, camo, chainmail and even metals. I used some of the tiles to texture this product.
    It's also really cheap for what it is.

This set is great with shaders. You can just click on whatever tie and handkerchief texture you want. Silkessence is fantastic with it, specially on the waistocat that will be in the first expansion. I've actually used tiled textures for the suit and shirt because I can have a resolution of 6000 by 6000 which is terribly important to minimize distortion with extreme morphs. To achieve equivalent quality using a texture map I'd need a minimum of 10,000 by 10,000 and maybe even more. Fortunately, the important thing about a quality tailored suit is that you can't see any stitching.