Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Yeah. Rendering 3D graphics seems a lot more sane than patrolling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/4965272937/in/set-72157625875878503

That render is a bute!! Looks really good. :) the lighting makes it so real. And yes rendering is alot more sane than patolling sometimes lol

Patrolling is more dignified that static duties I might add

edited December 1969

Cho. It is very easy to loose perps on foot. Morso in the parks and gardens specially at night. And night at the local gardens can also raise some eyebrows!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Aye I know. Worst park of the lot was Richmond park, 10 miles round the outside wall, and mostly left as "natural" parkland although managed. We lost a mounted policeman in there once, someones dog had spooked his horse (not his normal mount) and ended up swinging from the Horses tail, whic was the last straw for the poor horse, who bolted. I had the park foreman in my van at the time (well he is also my partner, so not an unusual situation.) My van was quickly swung acroos the road, to cause traffic to stop, and we phoned for assistance.

Horse was found pretty quickly, but it took a while to find the poor PC, who had been thrown, and had broken his radio when he landed. Luckily he wasn't badly hurt.

It was fun working in the parks, never boring, and I often was around when things happened, due to my association with himself.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Say... Hows that render coming? from last night that you mentioned before you vanished from the forums

I have v4 currently rendering. I was not overly happy with v1 through v3.

edited December 1969

God sound like a bit of a curse on that park. The Mountie was very lucky. And likewise with you pair in the vehicle ! Our local botanic gardens used to be on the run sheet and it we discovered its a hot spot for the naughty business, vandals are the usual but that kind of activity and the common occurance of it really suprised us!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Say... Hows that render coming? from last night that you mentioned before you vanished from the forums

I have v4 currently rendering. I was not overly happy with v1 through v3.

Ah version 4 lol I create long dire names for my renders such as "Gn -spyro-v3alt-trender-7a2-lores" lol. Lookin forward to it!

edited December 1969

Oh oh oh yet another amusing story from my neighborhood, yet another aberration to happen.

So. I live in a 11-apartment, small building with two floors. My close neighbor (I live in apt. 34, neighbor is at 36; the building is the third building in three-building housing project) has been having a drinking binge for a week or two, I've lost the count. There have been noises as people come in and out late at night, and in one occasion they were causing enough disruption to merit a warning from our landlord after a written report was done.

For a week or so some horrible smells had wafted out of the apartment. It was truly disgusting: it resembled smoke, but it lingered in the stairway and hallway for hours and hours without dispersing; pungent, sickly sweet, mixed with reek of stale old booze.

At midday, my SO noted that a bunch of people had walked in with heavy bags full of alcohol, and it wasn't too hard to guess where they had gone... because at 2 pm noises could be heard from the place. The reek had grown stronger, too.

I called our landlord: what to do?

"If there are any more disturbances, call in the cops. They have the authority to inspect the place if there are any drugs around."

I came back home from my temp work around 7:30 pm; I still heard sounds of drinking, but I hoped that they'd quiet up before 10 pm. Nope!

At 8 pm, I heard a loud thump, and then someone slammed a door closed: I sneaked to the door, because I was vaguely worried about what was going on... and then I heard this tinkly sound, as if it were raining.

"Why did she do that for?" someone growled right behind my door with a drunken mewl. *tinkle*tinkle* *slam*slam* "Hey lemme iiiin!"

After a while the mistress of the apartment relented, and let him in. I opened the door, slammed the lights on and looked: the guy had peed to the hallway, and through the railing, it rained to the staircase. I sighed, retreated back to my apartment, and e-mailed our landlord what had happened.

My friend called me around 8:20 pm; I said "Sure, come and pick the laptop, but wear rubber boots and watch out for the droplets." (Ew ew ew ew...) At this point I noticed that the outer door to apt. 36 was open, and people were drinking and having that sort of argument which over here often leads to euphemistically called "knife tag" (i.e. a drunken brawl with weapons). When she came over, the door was still open, and mixed voices could be heard. Some of them were rather high, which lead me to suspect that minors might be involved, too.

I shoved the laptop to my friend's arms (she had left it for installs/repairs), more or less so, then grabbed the phone and called the cops. Yeah, sure, my friend can open the front door, it closes at 9 pm, which had just ticked in at that point.

At 9:05 the cops arrive. I first hear a heavy *thump* through my door; my friend calls my cellular, and says "Hey, I just let in THREE COPS MORE!".

So we have now five cops at the scene. I listen to the discussion by the door -- oh, all right, I'm curious, but hey! -- and curse the fact that I don't have a door-eye. I hear a sober male voice -- must be one of the police officers -- saying to phone "Another car." -- which means that they just summoned a bigger car, a wagon, to take away more people. "How many are in there?" "We don't know yet." :bug:

They start to order people to sit down and calm down; they, being in that certain phase of drunkedness, do not obey. The situation escalates to the point where arrests start to happen. Two females -- one of them being the apartment-owner -- are taken away first. They do not put up much of a fight. Then I hear the cop asking "Why is your leg bleeding? And why is your side bleeding, too?"

"I, I, I dunno." the guy drawls, clearly drunken like a cuckoo. But apparently those are old injuries, because my SO noted that he had seen them earlier, when they walked in with the booze. The guy gets packed to the car for transportation to the hospital. "What has happened to your head?" the officer asks, and again receives a mumbled response. To the hospital he goes.

The next two guys had put up a fight; one of them was simply too jilted, the other one made threats. They get handcuffed. (Handcuffing isn't automatical in Finland, so they must have been really hostile to get it done.)

Then the cops spend some five minutes trying to interrogate the remaining guy (after organizing removal of the first six!).

"Where are your clothes?"

:bug:

He refuses to show. The cops scoot towards the apartment, then they spot something: "What, what, what is this? Good thing that we didn't walk in through the door!"

Apparently it was a weapon of some sort. Probably a bat, based on snippets of discussion spied through the door (some time before this happened I was wondering if my place by the door is such a good idea, because if something happened, there would be only the thickness of the door protecting me; however, firearms and arrests do not happen that often in Finland, and I figured that if the cops get too agitated, I'll slink away to safety).

They scoop some clothes; at this point both me and SO assume that they're talking about winter clothes -- it is rather chilly at the moment, and sleeting, too. He refuses to wear them. The cops mumble something about now going to the warm car with him, and then we're all going to head to the station and sort this out.

One of them inspects the place at glance, curses at the stench of the place, and comments it being a "den", slang in Finnish that means it is in disgusting condition.

Slam, clang, footsteps, and they're gone.

I call my friend (who I had adviced to watch, as she has a straight view to the front door) and ask if they are gone now.

"Yeah, and you missed the guest star of the night! One of them was dragged out naked!"

:bug: :bug: :bug:

At this point I was very happy that we DIDN'T have a door-eye, because I had seen the ragtag band of people who visit the place. I've already gone blind once, thank you. So I just sat in front of my computer, and e-mailed the landlord again.

Next day:

People return, again with booze, and start ruckus again. Someone else calls in the cops. I listen through the door:

"Where are your clothes, again? Come on, this should be familiar to you by now. Where are your clothes?"

This time, the result is termination of apartment ownership (we live in a special sort of arrangement where people own 15% of the apartment, and in return pay muchly reduced rent and get all maintenance, heating and water included in rent).

It turned out to be a sad story, though. :(

The guy (a kind of meek, humble dude) who owned the apartment had married, and his wife turned out to be of bad sort, of a kind who was hanging around with bad crowd, like these boozers. It had started a bit after Christmas, and the guy resorted to sleeping in his van and in the gathering room of the apartment complex, just to be away from that crowd. When the company that owns the buildings and their contact called him in to write his signature to termination of ownership, he was on verge of tears. That is, verge of tears from gratitude. Apparently that had given him all the power he needed to get rid of the toxic elements in his life (I'm guessing they had been threatening him when he had requested that they leave), and partial return of the money he originally paid (because some had to be used to fix the damages these drunken idiots had done) allowed him to go completely elsewhere and start anew, away from the baddies.

edited December 1969

Wow you should be a writer :) I'm glad that after all the tough and odd situations the landlord guy found some light at the end of the tunnel. And I thought you said not much events occurs at your residence ? You just wrote a chapter on another incident or series rather

edited December 1969

Wow you should be a writer :) I'm glad that after all the tough and odd situations the landlord guy found some light at the end of the tunnel. And I thought you said not much events occurs at your residence ? You just wrote a chapter on another incident or series rather

Haha. :) Well, all this is what has happened during last ten years. Ten. Years. I think it is safe enough to say that it means things are rare. :)

Oh hey, I just tinkered with v3 piccy. Here's the full size, cropped. Might switch to v4, depending on how it comes out.

Skiriki-new3_cut.png
    700 x 700 - 747K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Oh good its not just me and the crazy drunk Australians lol!

My SIL managed a parking lot on 7th Street and he says the girls were much worse than the guys.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Oh good its not just me and the crazy drunk Australians lol!

My SIL managed a parking lot on 7th Street and he says the girls were much worse than the guys.

Often I would agree in those circumstances. In domestic events involving male an female it's well known in the industry that oftern the female is a greater threat to the officers breaking it up!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Haha. :) Well, all this is what has happened during last ten years. Ten. Years. I think it is safe enough to say that it means things are rare. :)

Oh hey, I just tinkered with v3 piccy. Here's the full size, cropped. Might switch to v4, depending on how it comes out.

She is looking fantastic! Love the hair and eyes! Great stuff! I also like the toonish style you got going. Very creative :)

edited December 1969

I just hope v4 will be better.

edited December 1969

Im thinking a soft specula light at a angle on the side of your face might help reveal some of those beautiful facial features while still keeping true to the toon masterpiece :)

edited December 1969

Yus, I'm experimenting with lights right now. The first two were a bit "eh" 'cause they gave kinda blobby wrinkles.

edited September 2012

Remember the image is going to be rather small and it's good to be able To see the facial definition :) keeps the character shinning through

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited September 2012

So I just discovered the live render window LOL How stupid is that!!!!!! I've been using daz for years, and for the first time reset the render parameters to default settings and walla! I like it.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I love the render to window option. In my book it's way better than render to viewport.

I just caught this at the local store. Some young dude all decked out in HOOD style clothing, Baggy as$ pants down around his butt to show off his under shorts, Two tee shirts the top one inside out, (never understood that one.) and a baseball cap on backwards at a stupid tilt. That in itself was stupid but this pushed it over the top for me, he had is hand up SHADING his eyes from the sun. What the HECK was the cap for? STUPID!!

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I love the render to window option. In my book it's way better than render to viewport.

I just caught this at the local store. Some young dude all decked out in HOOD style clothing, Baggy as$ pants down around his butt to show off his under shorts, Two tee shirts the top one inside out, (never understood that one.) and a baseball cap on backwards at a stupid tilt. That in itself was stupid but this pushed it over the top for me, he had is hand up SHADING his eyes from the sun. What the HECK was the cap for? STUPID!!

LOL! That is hillarious!!! Some people aye haha! I'll be honest with you... I never dressed like that! A shirt inside out?!? Wtf! LOL!

edited December 1969

The best part about the Tee Shirt was you could tell it had some big design on it, why wear the darn thing with the design on the inside so nobody can see it? I've seen lot's of the HOOD wanna be's doing that. I'm baffled. Is it a I can afford this great shirt but you'll never see it kind of thing? I think it's a major STUPID.

edited September 2012

Welp, v4 of my pic wasn't better, so I'm sticking with this one for now. Thing is, this is done with Visual Shaders, which are meant for manga/anime-like cell shading, so some flatness is actually intentional.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No it was quite a serious operation. This was in Hyde Park, middle of Central London, and always popular with the tourists of all ages and nationalities.

I often worked closely with the RPC (Royal Parks Police) as it is surprising how many times a cleaning contractor comes across things they need to know about. And of course my cleaners cleanded their police station amongst other buildings. The duty sergeant did ask if I minded following him, and as soon as they had him in sight of their offivcers they told me I could stand down.

But they did need my keeping an eye till they got units in place, as easy to lose someone in a Park, lots of pathways going in different directions, and places to hide.

In his case it was more like "unhide all" (for those who model in 3D applications regularly...) :lol:

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Thank god that I haven't been through the same stuff you've been through, Skiriki. There was one time (a couple of years ago), when I was patrolling, given a lewd suggestion by a drunk female.... Well, I couldn't help but snicker... :smirk:

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:

...I render directly to a file as for one it saves just a bit more RAM since the render scene is not being actively displayed (this way I can minimise the application window as well) and if it crashes, I have a visual record of where the crash occurred for debugging purposes.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:

...I render directly to a file as for one it saves just a bit more RAM since the render scene is not being actively displayed (this way I can minimise the application window as well) and if it crashes, I have a visual record of where the crash occurred for debugging purposes.I've never crashed with render to window but I'm sure it would be lost. You can still minimise, you just have to do it for both the window and then DS. I do it lot's.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Welp, v4 of my pic wasn't better, so I'm sticking with this one for now. Thing is, this is done with Visual Shaders, which are meant for manga/anime-like cell shading, so some flatness is actually intentional.

She is absolutely beautiful! I love the shading on the hair! It's a very good 3d Cell shading! And those eyes are fantastic too well done Skiriki :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oo .........

stupid-questions.jpg
    330 x 474 - 88K
    edited September 2012

And...then we have this

stupidity.jpg
    550 x 394 - 38K
    stupidity2.jpg
    512 x 700 - 27K