One or more of the Screen Names submitted were invalid.

chikako_8af55a8a68chikako_8af55a8a68 Posts: 83
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I got a PM from some, and replying to it gives me this error. It wouldnt be so strange except that I can use the search function to actually locate the screen name - but the system reports it as invalid. Any ideas?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

That could only happen if they just resently had thier User name changed. I did read a thread yesterday or before were at least two users wanted to change thier handles. Others may have read it and followed the instructions. They may have a new User name now.
    I'm not sure if the User Name would change in the sent PM as they do in the forums. I could be wrong about this. Richard H would have more info than I do on this.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

there are a couple of reasons why this could happen, but yes both do involve change of user name.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

The forum does not seem to be checking for duplicate user names.
    We seem to have six users by the name of "steve"!

dup-user-names.png
    799 x 192 - 25K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

if you give me the screen name, either her or by PM, I can check the back-end which has better tools to see if there's a problem.

• chikako_8af55a8a68chikako_8af55a8a68 Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

if you give me the screen name, either her or by PM, I can check the back-end which has better tools to see if there's a problem.

Hi Richard,

I just sent you the screen name by PM. I tried a few times over the last week to reply to their email.