Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474
    edited August 2015

Hello,

Pleased to meet you all. I'm a professional musician at night, a software developer during the day and a background actor in 'Tinsel Town' flicks whenever they film in my state. I stumbled on Daz Studio a couple years ago and looked it over but never dove into it until now. I consider myself very artistic beyond music but drawing is something I was never good at so DAZ Studio really inspired to me to get the scenes in my head on to a visual medium. I am utterly amazed at what Daz is capable of and have come to be a little addicted. I think there's an 'I need help I haven't bought DAZ content for 15 minutes' thread on here somewhere LOL.

I am thrilled to take part in this huge community and I am also wondering if anyone has a good tutorial for UV unwrapping in Hexagon. The links to the Hexagon tutorials about this subject are all dead so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-P

Post edited by pfunkyfize on
  • Hello. My name is Moody and I am getting back todesigning. I am pretty much self taugh in DAZ 3D since 2009 and used DAZ Sudio 3.1. I feel like I am in the stone ages but have no clue where to begin. I see there is a V7 now?? OMG I am so lost lol. Can anyone help me? Where do I begin again and What items do I need to get restarted? Thanks for any help :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited July 2015

Welcome back to 3D. DS has changed a lot since then. You should really like it. If you downloaded the current version of DS you get Genesis "Male and Female" Starter Essentials, you will also get Genesis 2 and 3 (Male and Female) Starter Essentials. Those are the base figures that all the new charters are built off of. I suggest you using DIM (DAZ Install Manager) to install all your content. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the New Users forums and we'll get you sorted out.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Hi All,

I dabbled with Poser and Vue about 15 years ago for a bit, but stopped after a couple years. A month ago I remembered being able to create some really good 2D illustrations using the software. Upon doing a bit of reasearch I saw that DAZ studio might be a better alternative to Poser, so I downloaded a copy and have been trying to get up to speed again.

~John

• i have a mac and i download it and it wont let me start it what do i do 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

@repaschdonny: When you say software, do you mean the DAZ Install Manager or DAZ Studio? 

Usually since OS X 10.7 we need to rightclick the file and choose Open... on newly downloaded softwares to tell GateKeeper that we want to run this software (and that is a one time operation telling GateKeeper that you want to run it). This goes for any software  taht is not signed, and you cannot sign an installer that do anything out of the usual.

• Hi everybody!

Hmm... it's hard to say anything about me, 'cause I'm an absolute newbie in all kinds 3D Art etc.

I'm a singing and yoga teacher, based in Zurich,  that loves to play around with technical stuff but actually doesn't know anything about it.

I love creating different characters and was searching for a tool, that helps me do this in a realistic 3D. So here I am :) 

Struggling to understand how everything works, but curious.

:)

Cheers,

Leyla

• Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• Hello all. MY name is Al

• am here becuase I'm tired...... no one is going to do this until I do, so i may as well enjoy the ride HELLO room

• I 'm hoping I could find enough material out here to do a desent amimation and I ran smack dead into WOW! WOW! WOW! I had no idea there was this much everything out there and I have to do is PLAY with these neat toys and VIOLLA !!!    I'm so excited... How do you stand it?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hello Al, Leyla, John and pfunkyfize  (hope I haven't missed anyone?)

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

There are plenty of members ready to help with any questions you may have about DAZ Studio or the store here.   Why not try the New Users forum where we do our best to help new people get started, and try to explain anything that is keeping you back.

See you all soon!

• Hello, I'm call Darce. I recently found interest in 3d rendering and found a reference to Bryce today while search some cartographer’s map renditions. The reference came from Anna B. Meyer (http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/online-map/). She's been working on her maps with Bryce for 15 years now. I downloaded it immediately. I've been using Blender, Make Human, Photoshop, and SketchUp. One of my interests is making a map of the World War 2 Omaha Beach. I found a LiDar point cloud of the whole beach area from a current aerial scans by a research company in France. I would also like to create original maps for Fantasy Gaming like Anna's.

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474
    edited August 2015

Hello Al, Leyla, John and pfunkyfize  (hope I haven't missed anyone?)

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

There are plenty of members ready to help with any questions you may have about DAZ Studio or the store here.   Why not try the New Users forum where we do our best to help new people get started, and try to explain anything that is keeping you back.

See you all soon!

Thanks for the welcome aboard! I will definitely be asking questions... Lots of questions... *grin*

Hello, I'm call Darce. I recently found interest in 3d rendering and found a reference to Bryce today while search some cartographer’s map renditions. The reference came from Anna B. Meyer (http://ghmaps.net/greyhawk-maps/online-map/). She's been working on her maps with Bryce for 15 years now. I downloaded it immediately. I've been using Blender, Make Human, Photoshop, and SketchUp. One of my interests is making a map of the World War 2 Omaha Beach. I found a LiDar point cloud of the whole beach area from a current aerial scans by a research company in France. I would also like to create original maps for Fantasy Gaming like Anna's.

Thanks for that awesome link Darce, I am an old school AD&D fanatic (since early 1980s) with Greyhawk Campaigns that I'd like to draw 3d art for. Welcome aboard!

Post edited by pfunkyfize on
  • Hi everybody, im Victor. Im been using Poser since edition 4 but just in my spare time... more like a hobby.

I Recently switched to Daz Studio and start to learn everything i can.

• Hi there! I've just downloaded the latest DAZ3D and am keen to finally learn how to use this puppy.  Over the years I've installed and then uninstalled DAZ because I just haven't had the time or understanding to create what I want. Now, however I am hopefully in a position to finally focus on learning.

I am an ebook cover artist who lives in Australia.  I am a self taught photomanipulator and digital artist and Photoshop CC is my platform.  Sadly I have found over the last few years of creating the same old style romance and erotic romance book covers that my creativity has hit a major rut. I'm hoping to learn more about DAZ Studio so that I can create characters or scenes for basic artworks that can eventually be turned into covers if the need arises.  I have to admit that whilst watching many tutorials for using DAZ that I still have SOOOO many questions.  For example, I recently spent hours creating a 'cityscape' that I was wanting to render and incorporate into a piece I was working on. However when I went to insert the supposed render PNG of this cityscape it was miniscule! So small that it just looked like a line on my artwork.  So no doubt you all see my silly questions popping up around the place, please be patient with me lol!

• thank you jimmyc_2009 for the welcome, i will be sure ask alot of question and even provide anyone with helpful information reguarding daz studio.

• hello and welcome pfunkyfire sorry i missed some of forums lately, been quiet busy ?

• i have a mac and i download it and it wont let me start it what do i do 

repaschdonny

I had a mac as well and I had to switch to intell because when downloading software or games the mac osxwas very picky at downloaded software or other software like daz, that's what some guy

at a store told me when i purchased a new mother board for my computer last year ? but you might be able to call the apply helpline and ask them depending on what type of procesor you have.

so far I have a evga grapic card and a z87-gd65 gaming mother board msi, i used to do animation work on poser til i switched to daz, however when i run avi footage on daz studio my mircosoft 1 video takes time and freezes here and there, till you play it a second or third time than the video loads fine ?. but from what a hear with my processor  i can constanly upgrade.

I my self might need a upgrade to fullyrender and upload daz studio avi format, or if anyone out there who might use other faster processor mother board or modem that I don't know about using windows please let me know for I myself am curious ?

also have you used the rocket laucher to install daz or anyother programs to your apple when i owned a apply it took me awhile to find the laucher, but then agian that's just me LOL.

• also you might want to check your daz install manager under installations, and find your daz studio pathway is loacated so you may run daz studio with out a problem if that may be the case ?

• and jokingly i mean't apple sorry for the incorrect english ?

also have you used the rocket laucher to install daz or anyother programs to your apple when i owned a apply it took me awhile to find the laucher, but then agian that's just me LOL.

• CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 157

Hello my name is Charlie. I am new to 3D art, but have found it as a way to not be frustrated by picturing things in my mind that I cannot draw by hand. It's all new to me.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,316
    edited August 2015

Well, I'm starting up my art thread in the other forum, so I figured I'd finally pop in here first.  I started poking at this around February, immediately got way too much stuff from Rederosity and ShareCG than I could work with, and now I'm making renders and trying to keep a budget on the DAZ store.  I've been trying to sort it into categories along with determining which ones work, but i got a ton of the stuff, most of which works poorly, and I'm still not entirely done.  At work I use AutoCAD as my 3d modeling program, so this is a bit of a sideways step. 

My goal is to make my roleplaying game characters, but coming up with all the accessories they carry around has proved difficult.  Especially potions and such.

I also make music videos and textile projects, and dabble in wood, leather, metal, and glass work.  But I can't hand-draw or paint.  You can find my stuff on deviantart (http://thistledownsname.deviantart.com/), animemusicvideos.org (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=48272), and youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/thistledownsname/videos)s)

Post edited by thistledownsname on
  • awesome thisledowname i got to check it out ?

• swee286swee286 Posts: 58

Hello _ my name is swee.  I like making movies.  I can't get any of them to work right now.  I have an iMac but with 4 gigs - is that enough to render or do I need More??

• yyodhhyyodhh Posts: 1

Hallo,

My Judith and I am a newbie to DAZ 3d programming. I have no skills in creating 3D art, but I am willing to learn and this seems like a great place to start.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Welcome, everyone.  Feel free to ask questions.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Hello everyone, welcome to the forums.

@swee286 4GB should be enough to do some animation.   Please post your questions in the New Users Forume, and we will be able to help you more.

• The BrigThe Brig Posts: 81

Allo.  My name is not Inigo Montoya.  You did not kill my father.  Prepare to render.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Welcome, Brig, keep that sense of humor handy. :)