It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

1444546474850»

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

VirtualDub is weird. Or at least it doesn't use an installer I'm used to.

But anyway, I've posted a link to the video in my thread. It's nothing fancy though.

edited December 1969

Oooooh yeah, I win page 99! :P

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited September 2012

I used to use vdub all the time when I converted adult movies into small 'taster' clips. It was very good, but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it now. Been a while since I was in the adult website business.

Doubt I'll be doing much during the day today, seems I'm going to be out for quite a lot of it. But tonight I'll be doing something.

You were talking about dreams earlier, specifically about my modelling dream (which of course was only a joke anyway), but I'm a bit worried because I really did have a dream about 3D modelling last night. I dreamed I was a bit like Doctor House (you know of him, right?) and I had a diagnostic team sat around a table, and I was asking them how I could cut a hole in my 3D model to whatever shape I wanted and adjust the geometry accordingly, and they were quite genuinely giving me answers! It was bizarre, and I wish I could dream like that every time I have a problem.

The most useful answer I got was to create a 'negative' for the shape, and then use booleans to cut them out, but in reality I'm not sure that will work.

Basically I have a building, and I want to chop a doorway and windows out of it. Any ideas? You can be my diagnostic team.

In other news. I bought Thomas for Genesis/M4 because in all my visits to any 3D marketplace I have NEVER seen a character that has made me say "Wow" out loud just from the initial promo image. He's fantastic. Creepy, masterful, insightful, commanding, and yet with a few eye movements he can have that 'Captain Picard' style of wisdom. What a brilliant character, I'm moved to writing!
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/thomas-for-m4-and-genesis-m5 <-- check him out!</p>

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah Thomas made his way into my runtime as well. I had him wishlisted when he was at Rendo, and I am relly glad he made it over here.

BTW I cut doors and windows out with booleans all the time, but then I am a brycer, and I love booleans.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,664
    edited December 1969

booleans or NOT
    click if you want to be entertained! %-P

edited December 1969

I bought Thomas too, I like Agnes, but never got Cullan so might combine Genesis Thomas and Agnas via GenX for an older man

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I love that figure BUT, Nope. I'm saving what bit I got left. You never know what will pop up the next day.

Light torture day, WAY to warm in the clinic, I normally wear a light jacket because they keep it cool to help keep the spread of infections and such down. I was sweating before long, not much you can do about it once both arms get hooked to the machine. I've been anti-flued, scrubbed on the insides and all meded up for the weekend. I'm good to go.

WOW!! Just caught that Jacob. We about to Split yet again. Looks like the BBSFFC is here to stay.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    WOW!! Just caught that Jacob. We about to Split yet again. Looks like the BBSFFC is here to stay.

Yeah, Barry's back, and more Blummy than ever!

Wendy, I read that Boolean thread, and formed my own conclusions. I have done something akin to your draw-a-shape-and-bridge-it method in Hex and I simply never thought of moving the object to zero before bridging, in which case I might have had better results. But that is pretty much the style of work I was looking for. If I can make a bunch of shapes that I regularly use, I can save a ton of work.

I assume if I have a wall, and I use this method, I can cut both sides of the wall and bridge between the cuts as well, thus making the shape look like it's regularly cut out of it.

If I was just using a single mesh with no inner mesh, I would probably just use opacity and displacement maps, but that wouldn't help me if I have an actual wall.

edited December 1969

as posted in Dimension Theory's thread

I just had a fail
    not DT's fault, Daz studio to blame, for NOT being Carrara!!
    you CANNOT use two instances at once of Daz studio!!! you lose texture maps and apparently shader bricks
    (3D delight actually told me that but until I saw the result, I had no idea what the error meant and kept rendering)
    yep, opened the 32 bit at about the time (20 frames in) when the 64bit was rendering and sent a model to Hexagon and back
    I pull this crap all the time with Carrara rendering and it just slows down a bit.
    Studio is a Diva and attention whore, she wants all my computer to herself or she throws hissy fits!!!

I am giving the studio bitch another go, this time bmp instead of png sequences and she can have the damn computer to herself!!
    she takes long enough!!
    edited December 1969

yeah, Barry, Hex, everyone says how great it is for modelling,
    I have to figure out how to change the settings so it does not freeze on my computer!
    and prob not have two different versions installed!!

edited December 1969

yeah, Barry, Hex, everyone says how great it is for modelling,
    I have to figure out how to change the settings so it does not freeze on my computer!
    and prob not have two different versions installed!!

Certainly seems to be good. And I suspect I'll be accidentally teaching myself some Maya at the same time, since the tools in Hex are bound to be in Maya.
    edited December 1969

Woman charged with theft
    Man claims the stolen object was his heart

edited December 1969

Woman charged with theft
    Man claims the stolen object was his heart
    Say WHAT? Jacob is beginning to worry me folks. First he wanders off into Wendy land. (Which is PERFECT for Wendy, she's so good at it.) Now the dude is posting none existent links. I think. Do we need to go check his meds?

:cheese: :)
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Somebody better take a look at him (Jacob).

edited December 1969

HEY! Don't look at me. I'm sane, okay? :P

Well, kind of.

It was a lame thingo that popped into my head while I was bored. So I deciuded to post it. lol

edited September 2012

I still say we get the doc to adjust your meds. We'll talk to mine at the same time. I want mine upped some. ;-)

OPPS!! Last page, never meant to do that. BARRY!! we need a new name very soon.

edited December 1969

I went back on my high blood pressure meds today.

Yesterday my DD wanted me to ask my smart friends in the forums what's the matter with her computer? I told her y'all are all smart, but needed at least a tiny clue. Her finger swipe thingy quit working. An hour later everything was working again. ISIL told her she hadn't turned her laptop off in over 2 months. Turned it off, waited a bit, turned it on, and it's working.

edited December 1969

I've got a couple of questions.

Bryce: Can I just add a Bryce folder before My Library and put my Bryce content there? Or should it be with my Bryce program files on C:?
    I'm running Windows 7. I had it installed and working before the shop did the reinstall. Got it back without any Bryce that I can find.

I'm too tired to even think about the other question tonight, but I may have to use Bryce to do what I want. Somebody PM me when we split tomorrow so I'll know where to look for y'all.

edited December 1969

Me no wants go doctor!

How about we call the new thread "Blum B. Shub Embroidery"? :D

edited September 2012

@ANNE: I'm sure Chohole will get you all set with Bryce. I've not added anything in too long to be any help. Yep, you did your DD a solid, a reboot once in awhile is a good thing.

@LOH: I'm taking you anyway. You know hes not texturing now. It's Make this or Make that now. Maya and stuff.

EDIT: Beer good. Meds good. Beer+meds=No pain. Okay, no more beer two is more than enough.

edited September 2012

:coolgrin:15 posts per page, waiting for Barry to do the last one so he gets his thread renameable by him if needed
    if one of US gets it, it could get ugly :snake: >:(

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    @LOH: I'm taking you anyway. You know hes not texturing now. It's Make this or Make that now. Maya and stuff.

EDIT: Beer good. Meds good. Beer+meds=No pain. Okay, no more beer two is more than enough.

In reverse order:

Beer+Meds = No Pain. Oh God yes, I am VERY much a fan of that combination. And if I do it right I can still maintain enough brain power to function reasonably normally. I don't mix the two very often for obvious reasons, but yeah, sometimes I am in so much pain I would take just about anything to kill it.

Texturing. Well, I'm open minded about what I do. I still love texturing, and still want to do some, and obviously since I already know how to do it I still have plans for that. The modelling thing has only taken a priority because I've got so much to learn and putting 20 minutes here and there doesn't seem to win for me. I'm not using Maya at all at the moment, it's too big for me, I'm using the tools I know a bit. So Hex, Carrara (well, not really), Photoshop (lots).

Texturing is a big love of mine. I've just had a very bad year and have been most unhappy. Now I seem to be happier and am actually doing some 'work' on stuff. Not texturing at the moment, but yeah, I do plan to do some more texture work. I've bought too much resource to waste it!

{edit} - One thing I would LOVE to do is use something like ZBrush to create a displacement map rather than alter any geometry. I have no idea if it's capable of that, but my God that would be useful. Build a wall, take it to ZBrush, paint a brick displacement on it, fan-bloody-tastic. But like I say I've no idea if ZBrush can do that.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Bryce: Can I just add a Bryce folder before My Library and put my Bryce content there? Or should it be with my Bryce program files on C:?
    I'm running Windows 7. I had it installed and working before the shop did the reinstall. Got it back without any Bryce that I can find.

I'm too tired to even think about the other question tonight, but I may have to use Bryce to do what I want. Somebody PM me when we split tomorrow so I'll know where to look for y'all.

Anne, if you pop over to the Bryce Forum, find David Brinnen in this thread drop him an email an email asking for a copy of their handy little PDF about installin Bryce content, Tell him I told you to do that, so he knows who you are.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7801/
    edited December 1969

Do you think David would mind if I did that too? As I said in a PM Bryce is one of my target apps for backgrounds.

edited December 1969

Ok, after a little thought, and considering this thread was about the old site's demise being referred to as the end of the world, I have decided to call the second part of this thread "A New Hope". This is obviously a Star Wars reference, but also reflects my renewed ambition, happiness and general attitude.

Also I want to take this opportunity to say how immensely happy it makes me that this thread is still alive, especially after the start it had, when I was at my most grumpy with it all. Thanks all for making it a new home for a wandering Barry.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    AtticAnne said:

Anne, if you pop over to the Bryce Forum, find David Brinnen in this thread drop him an email an email asking for a copy of their handy little PDF about installin Bryce content, Tell him I told you to do that, so he knows who you are.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7801/

Emailed David and got it last night. Barry, go ahead and ask for it.

edited December 1969

ALWAYS render to image sequenced file
    if you ever ever ever render to avi again Wendy, go stick your head in the toilet and flush it
    you will be happier with the outcome!!!!

(yeah, I rendered to avi, it is unwatchable!!! :red: about 10 hours work down the drain )

edited December 1969

Let's all go to the same doctor at the same time. Could we get a group rate? Would the doctor survive?

edited September 2012

Post no 14 on this last page. 1 more to go Barry, then you need to make the next post, which should swing it over to the new page.

And Yes do Email David, he's a lovely fellow, for all that he lives up on that flat windy eastcoast bit of England. :) ANd he is also a good person to ask any Bryce questions, he is one of the panel of Bryce Guru's that worked with DAZ 3D when they were getting Bryce 7 ready for distribution. He is the acknowleged master of the DTE. It is amazing what he can do with it.

Just look at this list of freebie tuts he has made. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7799/#102298 Some for beginners, some more directed towards those with more knowledge

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2012

chohole said:
    Post no 14 on this last page. 1 more to go Barry, then you need to make the next post, which should swing it over to the new page.

And Yes do Email David, he's a lovely fellow, for all that he lives up on that flat windy eastcoast bit of England. :) ANd he is also a good person to ask any Bryce questions, he is one of the panel of Bryce Guru's that worked with DAZ 3D when they were getting Bryce 7 ready for distribution. He is the acknowleged master of the DTE. It is amazing what he can do with it.

Just look at this list of freebie tuts he has made. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7799/#102298 Some for beginners, some more directed towards those with more knowledge

Wow, that's one heck of a list.

I'll email him shortly, I've got that page bookmarked. What's the DTE? I want to be a master of it, whatever it is.

I just looked for a tutorial on making windows in buildings and the author uses booleans all the time. I don't know why this is considered bad practice, and I'm still trying to figure that out.

So I will now make a new post under the thread title of A New Hope, and you guys can link it or do whatever you need.

Go Froward to New Hope

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.