Today's Store Bug

acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
edited January 2016 in The Commons

Post edited by acanthis on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Last time that happened it was at Paypal's end. There was also once a major issue with the credit card companies servers that made it all go puffle. All they can do in those situations is ask the other party to fix it.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited January 2016

• edited December 1969

The forum still has some problems.

wut.jpg
    959 x 681 - 220K
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • edited December 1969

I hope that the new website remembers that I bought every product for the last ten years.:lol:

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

tend to think the blame is with them

Or not as I had no trouble with a paypal order.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited January 2016

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I encountered this problem couple of days ago; however, since it didn't let me click on "place order" button (which is required to finalize the order) but recycled me back to shopping basket, I just did the whole "checkout->PayPal" thing again, and next time it worked OK.

It could be because my user login at DAZ is different from my PayPal login; I had some epic problems with DealExtreme and ended up scrapping one account and having to recreate a new one with the same username (which pisses me off, because the reason I use different name in a store vs PayPal is because I want to put some distance between two identities to make it at least a hair more difficult to pilfer moolah from me, in case of a worst case scenario; please, DAZ, never give up on this feature of different username-vs-PayPal id, 'cause it gives me some peace of mind).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I had the same experience as Skiriki a week or so back - gave up on the order that wouldn't complete and started over from the main page, it went through. It's obviously unsatisfactory, and I would ask that people report these issues to the bug tracker, but usually starting over, or logging out and logging back in, will fix the problems. Of course you shouldn't do this if an order gets stuck pending_Auth, but that seems to have been rarer recently.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    I hope that the new website remembers that I bought every product for the last ten years.:lol:

This definetely needs a special DAZ-"Like it"-button *ggg* and yes, it is sooooo true !

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

I had the same experience as Skiriki a week or so back - gave up on the order that wouldn't complete and started over from the main page, it went through. It's obviously unsatisfactory, and I would ask that people report these issues to the bug tracker, but usually starting over, or logging out and logging back in, will fix the problems. Of course you shouldn't do this if an order gets stuck pending_Auth, but that seems to have been rarer recently.

Had this yesterday, even logging in and out, clearing everything again (sigh) and it still wouldn't go thru, eventually i removed the item from the cart, put it back and was able to complete the purchase, jumping thru this many hoops just to give a company MY money, is just not acceptable and I am sick and tired of the endless repetition of the excuses.

If forum tags were working ( a BASIC forum feature) there would be profanity in the above post