Where is Decimator in DAZ 4.5 beta

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I purchased Decimator, but I don't see it anywhere in the DAZ 4.5 beta interface. Not in the plugin list either.

Anyone know where it is?

And is it working for most people? (I saw someone was having it crash 4.5 in another thread)

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you run the Decimator installer that's in the .zip with the 4.5 installer, and put in your purchased serial number?

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Working much better now. :)

edited December 1969

Well - sort of working, in so far as loads properly now.
    And I am able to decimate objects and save as different LOD.

But even though I can set the Mesh resolution back to base in the parameters tab, it doesn't restore the figure to that higher poly version.

Tried with a couple of different props with several LODs - but can never get back to better version.

Are others having this problem?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

What are you expecting to happen? I'm not actually familiar with Decimator, but I didn't think it claimed to create new LoD levels for a figure in place.

edited December 1969

Hey Richard - I think Decimator is supposed to let you make a new Level Of Detail for mesh, say one at 50% of vertices or polygons, another at 25%, another at 10%, and then toggle the Mesh Resolution setting so you can go back and forth between the higher and lower resolution models. (just as you can do with V4, for instance, by toggling her mesh resolution between base and lower poly models.

Decimator in DAZ 4.5 is letting me decimate down to a low poly model, but even if I reset the model back to better resolution, no actual change takes place - I'm left with the low quality model. I'm also not seeing LOD's added to the model - so if I reload it from browser, and go look at Resolotion options, the newly created LOD's arent there.

I'll have to recheck in DAZ 3 Advanced (at some point it was working properly there, don't remember if any updates broke functionality or not.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

"Base resolution" refers to SubD (on or off) rather than LoD. Have you tried exporting the zeroed figure as an OBJ, then importing that as a new LoD level? Though I'm not sure whether LoD actually works with Genesis - it's one of those features that sounded very useful but has gone, for me at least, almost entirely unused.

edited December 1969

Haven't tried exporting and reimporting as new LOD. Would that maintain proper links to textures and morphs?
    Also, how do you turn SubD on and Off?

Thanks

"Base resolution" refers to SubD (on or off) rather than LoD. Have you tried exporting the zeroed figure as an OBJ, then importing that as a new LoD level? Though I'm not sure whether LoD actually works with Genesis - it's one of those features that sounded very useful but has gone, for me at least, almost entirely unused.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2012

To turn off Sub-D Select the object then in the Parameters Pane select Mesh Resolution. See image below.

LOD for Genesis. I just created a New LOD for Genesis using Decimator, saved the the low res Genesis as a scene and reopened still low res. EDIT: Sorry that was incorrect the DUF decimated Gensis scene file reopened at full SUB-D Resolution of the Original Genesis.

Then if I try to inject a New LOD in to a newly a loaded Genesis at Base resolution (subd off) using the "Add Levels of Detail.dse script in the Daz Studio Format > Studio 4 > Scripts > Utilities directory, DS4.5 RC 2 throws up an error to look at the LOG. which shows this

Loaded file: Genesis.duf
    Executing DAZ Script file: C:/DAZ 3D/Studio 4/scripts/Utilities/Add Levels of Detail.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 101
    WARNING: SyntaxError: too few arguments in call to getOptions(); candidates are
    getOptions(DzFileIOSettings*,bool,QString)
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:101
    Error in script execution!

SUBDOFF.jpg
    398 x 342 - 91K
    Post edited by Szark on