Bryce 7 pro terrible rendering.....

circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey guys Aim confused about rendered selection. I started Bruce 7 and without changing any of the defaults i added terrain from the top tool bar. I did nothing but erode the mountain terrain little and hit the render button. Took 35 seconds or so to render but looks terrible!!! Looks like water color paint job. So i then in render options changed the resolution to a higher setting and it took 4 times longer to render but..... looks worst than the lower setting??? I have a pc with windows7 ultimate 64bit...8.gb ram...Intel duo 2 4 core cup... with a nvidia 9800.GT card. I thought i was better than system requirements but now no so sure? My question is.... is there a optimal setting and or setup that i should to get the results i see everyone else getting?? Or do i need to get a better card??? Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you post an image of your result it would be easier to work out what your problems are.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Could you show a screenshot of your render settings?

• circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Hey guys, Thanks for the help. Iam not sure what you want??

20120719_181222.jpg
    1400 x 1866 - 1M
    20120719_175657.jpg
    1400 x 1866 - 737K
    20120719_175642.jpg
    1400 x 1866 - 1M
    20120719_175637.jpg
    1400 x 1866 - 1M
    Post edited by circletrack15 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Your last picture: you have Preview render checked instead of Full render in the second column on top under "General".

edited December 1969

You also have DOF checked and at quite a high amount. DOF is best used very carefully to avoid pixelation. How did you determine your Focal length ?

The ideal way to use DOF is to select the mesh on your preview window that you want to be in focu, and then on your premium render screen select "Set to current selection"

When I use DOF I find I mostly set it between 0.01 and 0.05. I actually tend to drive DOF with a combo of the actual DOF setting and haze in the sky lab.

• circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys for the responce. Like I said I have not messed with any settings except changing to premium in quality mode. This is Bryce 7 unaltered. I have no idea how or what to change? I thought this default starting point was middle of the road to have desent perspective of what to do . Was hoping there was an optimal setting page to get the best setup that your pc would allow. I am totally new to this and how every intention of mastering it,,,But! was hoping for a steer in the right direction. I finally found some bryce tutorials that Iam starting to watch but PLEASE any advice would be very welcome! Thanks and God Bless!!

edited December 1969

Well today I have been having ISP problems all day, with intermittent internet access, and more down than up. Hopefully tomorrow it will be sorted, and I can post a few screen shots for you to help you along the way.

Bryce is fun, once you get started.

• skiwillgeeskiwillgee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try these render settings.
    I think most of your problem is the the material that Bryce will randomly pick for you or if you selected it yourself, then the way it is default mapping it to your terrain.
    The middle image is "grassy peaks". Looks sick like yours.
    The bottom image is the same terrain lowered a bit with, a different included material applied and the sun move to the horizon to the right. A completely different ball game, huh? Bryce is amazing.
    Take heart, I don't think your Bryce is broken.

daz_forum.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 167K