Announcing The Platinum Club Plus [Beta] Program

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited July 2014

About + prices , I think the products are over priced. Petipet is one of my favorite PA's and although I like his luggage cart., as a 3d modeler myself I would estimate that a days work and therefore would only charge a couple of bucks for it. Its not a criticism on the quality, but the 16.95 list for for the standard license terms use, its sale price is barely competitive similar items at other store so the added cost of PC membership makes it - meh.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Well, I did the Clear The Cache and Logout/LogIn dance, but I am still seeing things like this: http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/hooded-cloak-for-genesis-2-females at full price: $16.95. Is anyone else having the same problem? Still does not change when taking it to the checkout, btw. Or is it no longer a PC item? It's still in the PC section of the store. Very confusing, that.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Really stupid move to just push this on folk even for a day.

Daz never learns.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Well, I did the Clear The Cache and Logout/LogIn dance, but I am still seeing things like this: http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/hooded-cloak-for-genesis-2-females at full price: $16.95. Is anyone else having the same problem? Still does not change when taking it to the checkout, btw. Or is it no longer a PC item? It's still in the PC section of the store. Very confusing, that.

Yes I thought I was seeing reduced prices but its only on some odd items, all PC stuff older than a couple of weeks is full price.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I'm looking at the $1.99 pricing right now. Platinum Club members should still be seeing $1,99 pricing. The only thing that taste of platinum was supposed to extend the 30% off PA items.

We should have it fixed in a minute.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited July 2014

Byrdie said:

It shows full price for me too, Byrdie (not even 30% OFF), and I'm logged in too...

EDIT; the store just seems to have gone down, so check back in a few; perhaps they are refreshing the database.

EDIT2 X-post with Jared....

Post edited by WandW on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Daz never learns.

Really lazy move, more likely. Rather than setting up a separate "trial mode" to just add the + discounts for existing PC members, it sounds like like they made one master switch and changed everyone. Of course, it's completely and totally bogus as any kind of "test" unless they gave everyone who wasn't in the PC+ the two coupons which are the primary benefit of + .

I won't argue the second point. I've never seen a company that seems so consistently determined to alienate and tick off their customer base.

edited July 2014

Daz never learns.

Really lazy move, more likely. Rather than setting up a separate "trial mode" to just add the + discounts for existing PC members, it sounds like like they made one master switch and changed everyone.

This is incorrect. We did in fact set up separate rules for the trial period, we didn't just switch everyone over to PC+ for a day. Trust me, I'm the one who set up the rules.

The change in the $1.99 pricing was due to something else and the issue has been resolved.

So if you are PC member you should see your regular PC pricing with the added bonus of having 30% off the current PC+ PA's. You wont' get access to the $6.00 off $18.00 coupon though.

If you are a non PC/PC+ member you will see PC+ pricing (70% off PC items and 30% off the PA's).

Post edited by DZ_jared on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Daz never learns.

Really lazy move, more likely. Rather than setting up a separate "trial mode" to just add the + discounts for existing PC members, it sounds like like they made one master switch and changed everyone.

This is incorrect. We did in fact set up separate rules for the trial period, we didn't just switch everyone over to PC+ for a day. Trust me, I'm the one who set up the rules.

The change in the $1.99 pricing was due to something else and the issue has been resolved.

So if you are PC member you should see your regular PC pricing with the added bonus of having 30% off the current PC+ PA's. You wont' get access to the $6.00 off $18.00 coupon though.

If you are a non PC/PC+ member you will see PC+ pricing (70% off PC items and 30% off the PA's).
    And if you're already in the PC+, you get bupkus. Hey, nice to see some traditions from the original PC are carrying over. :sick:

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Daz never learns.

And if you're already in the PC+, you get bupkus. Hey, nice to see some traditions from the original PC are carrying over. :sick:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you are in the PC+ you still get your PC+ pricing and the $6 off 18 coupon and you got a bunch of freebies if you were an early adopter. So no, this time we didn't anything special for PC+ but that doesn't mean we haven't been.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited July 2014

Can I ask a question? Why would you open up the PC+ pricing to Non-PC/PC+ members when you are in the middle of a trial to test its viability to the current members of both groups?
    That makes no since to me.

Post edited by JennK on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    Can I ask a question? Why would you open up the PC+ pricing to Non-PC/PC+ members when you are in the middle of a trial to test its viability to the current members of both groups?

I agree. It was an utterly ludicrous thing to do, especially given what happened as a result!! If DAZ really want to run a beta of PC Minus, then they shouldn't muck about like this.

... Doubtless there will now be a stream of posters coming in to say how much they enjoy this kind of screw-up and telling me how I should be grateful to DAZ ;)

edited December 1969

OK, seeing usual PC prices again now. Which PAs are supposed to be 30% off for this occasion?

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    OK, seeing usual PC prices again now. Which PAs are supposed to be 30% off for this occasion?

Blubird 3D
    SWAM
    - esha -
    Raiya
    Faveral
    Predatron

edited December 1969

That's not the list I am currently seeing here: http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Save+even+more+with+Platinum+Club+Plus&utm_content=Welcome+to+Platinum+Club+Plus+-+TODAY+ONLY!&utm;_campaign=(7/7/14)+Welcome+to+Platinum+Club+Plus+-+TODAY+ONLY!

Did I get a borked newsletter or has it changed again? I am a confuzzled little featherhead right now. :-(

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Novica said:
    I don't mind adding them to the cart to see the price, because they tell you very clearly at the top of the page that you'll get the discount. We asked them to be more clear about what was discounted/stacking, they did, and I don't think they need to babysit us any more than that.

OK, that's your POV. There are so many people who like all this complexity and smoke and mirrors. I'm not one of them. It's a bad, complicated, practice. It's not about babysitting. It's about clarity and transparency. I don't like it. Am I allowed to say that, or must I go along like a lamb to the slaughter?

I have to agree with acanthis. I respect Novica's POV but it isn't mine either. It isn't "babysitting" when it amounts to lost sales due to confusion. Ask any sales manager.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    That's not the list I am currently seeing here: http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Save+even+more+with+Platinum+Club+Plus&utm_content=Welcome+to+Platinum+Club+Plus+-+TODAY+ONLY!&utm;_campaign=(7/7/14)+Welcome+to+Platinum+Club+Plus+-+TODAY+ONLY!

Did I get a borked newsletter or has it changed again? I am a confuzzled little featherhead right now. :-(

I gave you the right list. We're updating the category topper right now.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

Glitchfest! :-)
    One more reason why it would be wise to make a switchover from one offer to the next when you DAZ-guys are in the office, DAZ_jared. :-)

edited December 1969

Ah, was a bit behind then. That figures, I'm always behind. :-) Thanks.

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

+ 1 Whats the logic?
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

I agree. Are the 'one day only' folks seeing the new higher PC item prices as well? If not, then this is deceptive advertising.

I thought nothing was set in stone (except the % off vs flat which won't be addressed) but here we are as if the over 70 pages of comments are meaningless.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    JK0011 said:

I agree. Are the 'one day only' folks seeing the new higher PC item prices as well? If not, then this is deceptive advertising.

I thought nothing was set in stone (except the % off vs flat which won't be addressed) but here we are as if the over 70 pages of comments are meaningless.

No, they're not. The 1-dayers still have their 1.99 prices, and only the 30% PA discounts carry over.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

More downright weird price behaviour...

I have a bunch of not-yet-bought recent PC stuff in my wishlist. I clicked on one of them to put it in the cart... and all my PC discounts vanished in the wishlist, everything was full price. The current discounts for PA items were showing, though.

Dropped the quickcart, and the one item I'd moved across was also showing full price: normally the quickcart shows the proper PC discount.

Clicked to see the actual cart, and this time the same price as the previous displayed PC discount did show in the final total, but I didn't see the usual red "SPECIAL PRICE!" flash (I still don't). There was just a who-knows-where-it-came-from smaller figure in the "Price" column.

Went back to the wishlist, and all the discounts are back. For the moment.

It's getting as bad as the worst days (weeks... months...) right after the fiasco of the store changeover — I have no trust in the prices I see displayed. Until I have that trust back again, I'm going to be very cautious about buying anything from the PC categories until the PC+ beta period is over. DAZ, since I was just about to buy some PC stuff, I think that pretty much defenestrates any hope of accurate figures for the trial period.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    acanthis said:
    Novica said:
    I don't mind adding them to the cart to see the price, because they tell you very clearly at the top of the page that you'll get the discount. We asked them to be more clear about what was discounted/stacking, they did, and I don't think they need to babysit us any more than that.

OK, that's your POV. There are so many people who like all this complexity and smoke and mirrors. I'm not one of them. It's a bad, complicated, practice. It's not about babysitting. It's about clarity and transparency. I don't like it. Am I allowed to say that, or must I go along like a lamb to the slaughter?

I have to agree with acanthis. I respect Novica's POV but it isn't mine either. It isn't "babysitting" when it amounts to lost sales due to confusion. Ask any sales manager.

:) My POV only addresses that they clearly stated on that particular page exactly who they were referring to. It does not extend to the banner, (I clearly said "the top of the page") nor this setup overall- I've made numerous posts about how confusing this entire thing is. I have been in total agreement about that from day one. I don't like stacking sales, adding to the cart to see what results I get, and the usual glitches- and the only thing I like right off the bat is the two coupons instead of one. I think your POV's align with mine nicely actually.

Jared- thanks for being on the thread and clarifying/trying to straighten out the errors. I would like to see answered, however, why they are throwing this "everyone get involved" into the mix during the trial period. Did I miss where that had been answered?

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited July 2014

I see many people saying they understand raising prices, but I for myself can say I wouldn't stay in PC if *average* prices exceed $2.99, as the availability of a large number of items at a fixed $1.99 price was what drew me into PC first and for what I pay $70 a year. The DO coupon is a nice bonus, but never was the main reason. I don't need higher quality items or larger sets in the PC if that means prices go up.

I would like to suggest a different approach:

Keep prices the same or only raise slightly to $2.49, but instead of 4 or 5 PC items that have recently been released each week, reduce the number to a maximum of 3 PC items (maybe sometimes even 2 items if it's a larger set), together with the weekly free item this should be acceptable for most users. Keep those releases consistent and do not split over couple weeks (e.g. a V4 hair + Genesis hair + texture set or one Jack Tomalin set with additional textures only).

These slightly reduced number of releases from 4-5 to 3 each week will cut down costs for buyouts to add to PC for DAZ of 20-40%. Use these savings for additional quality buyouts to release as DO, where you have the flexibility of variable pricing. In return make the old $6 coupon usable on NEW DO releases too, so people don't have the problem to find use for it anymore (remember that this is only once a month).

Post edited by bad4u on
    edited July 2014

bad4u said:
    In return make the old $6 coupon usable on NEW DO releases too, so people don't have the problem to find use for it anymore (remember that this is only once a month).

The DAZ Original $6.00 coupon CAN be used on new releases. In fact it has always applied to new releases. It is only the new PC+ $6.00 off of $18.00 coupon that cannot be used on new releases.

Post edited by DZ_jared on
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

This isn't something that I'm going to discuss. Not that the discussion of the topic is off limits, but I'm not at liberty to give an answer. I can say that we did/do have our reasons and it wasn't something we did just for kicks and giggles.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited July 2014

lol, okay, my fault then if that's for the old one too, I used to spend it on texture sets for the bundle items ^^

Still it makes sense to have a higher number of new separate DO releases to choose from then (broken down from former PC releases and not those in the big bundles), as many people complain they have problem finding stuff they want or don't already have to use the DO coupon on. I think lately most DO have been found in Starter/Pro bundles or have been texture sets for those only - if they were not released as PC items.

Post edited by bad4u on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    JK0011 said:

This isn't something that I'm going to discuss. Not that the discussion of the topic is off limits, but I'm not at liberty to give an answer. I can say that we did/do have our reasons and it wasn't something we did just for kicks and giggles.

Thank you for at least answering even though you can't say anything.

I am reasonably sure why it was done, but will not bring up my thoughts as they are just my opinions. I only posed the question because I was hoping to get a clear answer without any of "the sky is falling" type scenarios.

But thank you again for the reply, nice to know I am not being ignored.

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    JK0011 said:

Thank you for at least answering even though you can't say anything.

I am reasonably sure why it was done, but will not bring up my thoughts as they are just my opinions. I only posed the question because I was hoping to get a clear answer without any of "the sky is falling" type scenarios.

But thank you again for the reply, nice to know I am not being ignored.
    +1 Yep, the reply is fair and honest.

This discussion has been closed.