BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

Comments

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

adbc:
    I like the amount of depth you have achieved, very cool plants, they make all the difference here.

hansmar:
    very creative!,great cliffs, and that sky is fantastic.

Jamahoney:
    great use of silhouette, and the color choice along with position is so well done.

c-ram:
    just wonderful, and I really like the water fall, I struggle with white water, maybe when the competition is done , you could revile some tips on that shape and texture

timothybateman:
    very cool, top down pov, and great plant choices

yellow Pen:
    very dramatic image! well done on the eruption

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited June 2014

@Jay: Beautiful work. But in that Harry Potter scene, there were a bunch of gray floaty things going around trying to suck the souls out of everyone.

@c-ram: Wonderful scene. Makes me want to get out the sun screen.

@timothybateman: Lovely results. Foliage really is nice.

@Yellow pen: Like the look of that lava, nice coloring.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,099
    edited December 1969

@horo and dana365 : thanks for your comment.

Everyone made absolutely outstanding renders, too long to make a comment on someone else's work since I can only say that I like it,
    I leave that to the more advanced users, which I'm not.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

@timothybateman - very nice vegetation.

@yellow Pen - a hot stream, what a cool idea :lol:

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Nice one YellowPen - we tend to think of 'streams' in a water context, but the lava context is totally applicable, too.

Cheers, Dana365, and Guss (hehe...the Dementors = floaty things ;))

Jay

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

Hi folks;

As usual, some fantastic and beautiful renders showing up here in this latest challenge. After 2 weeks work, finally got my other entry done for this challenge.

"GONE FISHING" is my 2nd and final entry into this challenge. Rendered in Bryce, this scene includes commercial people and vehicles imported from DAZ Studio models. Some textures modified as well as some changes made in Bryce of certain models such as turning a military Hummer into a civilian version.

All the rest of the models (Props) made from primitives with my own textures. Although the Bryce 2D square and circle are a great tool, I seldom use it, but did find a use for it this time by creating a 2D image of my late best 4 legged buddy Bandit. Miss that guy lots, but found just the right photo to convert into a 2D image to incorporate into this scene. (My wife and I often called him Nurse Bandit as I have heart issues but also sleep apnea and if I stopped breathing in bed, Bandit if in bed with me would nudge me or jump on my chest to get me breathing again )

Have a Great Day folks and Best of Luck to everyone on this challenge.

Bruce

EDITED: PS: Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I found that when exported people, etc. from DAZ studio ( I don't use the Bridge ) that the final textures come out in Bryce better if you don't use the convert materials for Bryce setting in DS Export command does a better job. When I used to use the Convert for Bryce command, I also have run into lots of material error commands when importing into Bryce which if I just use Collect Maps command there are no such errors. Just figured I would pass this along.

Gone_Fishing_Final_J_.jpg
    1514 x 1009 - 834K
    Post edited by Goshtac on
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Yeah, I knew what they were called. But floaty things sounded better.

@Bruce: Really nice scene. Water looks nice and cool.

edited December 1969

goshtac:
    very nice, many made objects in there, I see that the fisherman is enjoying some Cold Rock Cola's!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 1969

@goshtac: Fishy business! I like the water a lot. I think the texture of the terrain in front is a little rough. Great touch with that heli in the distance!

@yellow Pen: That's the spirit! Why would a stream be made of water? I really like your lava!

@dana365: Thanks a lot!. I make good use of this one terrain in several renders (big advantage of 3D over painting!) The sky is one of the skies I got with one of my Bryce versions. I tend to often use one of the available skies and then modify it a little, e.g. making the sky dome black, changing colour of the sun, etc.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Here is my second entry being inspired by ChoHole's entry with light streaming through stained glass.
    Title: Queen Cannabis at the Cannabis College
    The Queen Cannabis stained glass panel is an original design, and the original stained glass window is hanging in the Cannabis College in Amsterdam. We had made and donated to the college several pot related stained glass pieces. If you have the opportunity to visit Amsterdam I highly (no pun ) recommend dropping in for a dose of truth and facts about the much maligned plant..

I have give great thanks to Chohole for helping me with the casting of light rays and image casting and Horo as well.
    The building and street is Side Street from Daz

The challenges happening over here at Daz are really wonderful ...with all the really fantastic art being created, I feel the need to try harder... thank you to all you wonderful artists here for being so damn helpful. It makes the intimidation factor a lot less.
    Steve

Cannabis_College_imageJPEG.jpg
    960 x 720 - 577K
    edited December 1969

mtnmen / Steve:
    You nailed it!
    it is obvious you have real life experience with colored glass and light I am totally inspired to cast light thru and onto something, I have to put a similar idea on the ever growing "To Do" list.

edited December 1969

Thanks folks for the feedback on my Gone Fishing image.

@Hansmar - I totally agree the foreground texture has issues. I seem to have this problem a lot with closeup terrain textures and just can't get the hang of getting it to scale correctly so it doesn't look smeared. Seems like when I do get a vertical edge to look right, the rest of the terrain goes out to lunch. Wish someone could figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Bruce

edited December 1969

@Mtnmen / Steve

Really like the stained glass image. Great job on the streaming light through the window.

Bruce

edited December 1969

@Bruce - that's a nice entry.

@mtnmen - the bright window and the caustics on the floor look very good.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Feeling contemplative. This was not planned for this thread, but it kind of fits, so why not? Heart of the Matter from Lisa's Botanicals, a Genesis 2 figure and the DAZ Lamb. Simple.

HeartofMatter2.jpg
    1200 x 738 - 765K
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen: That window and light really look good.

@JStryder: That's a beautiful scene. Love your choice of colors.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen: Looks like you have been smoking something.... Don't just go to Amsterdam for the stuff. Enjoy the views without augmenting your senses too. It is a nice small old town. Render looks very good, by the way!

@goshtac: This foreground issue is the reason why I made a terrain in two parts. A front part with a higher resolution texture and a middle/back part with the same texture in lower resolution. I think the resolution in your front part is simply too low, which leads to unreal results. However, if you increase the resolution throughout the scene, the terrain in the back might just not show a lot of texture anymore. So, try to split the foreground and background terrains and use the best texture for each.

@JStryder; Really like your scene. Wonder whether you joined mtnmen in the visit to Amsterdam (because of the colours)?

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

So I finally finished my entry #3. No postwork.

Title: Before The Storm

Before_The_Storm.png
    654 x 850 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@fictionairomance: Nice scene.

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @fictionairomance: Nice scene.

Thank you. I struggled with it for several days.

edited December 1969

@Hansmar - Thanks for the info on the resolution issues. Great idea on the workaround for fixing foreground problem. Had never thought of trying that before, but will now have to play around with that and see what I come up with for future projects

@JStryder - Very nice scene - Love the mood it sets and some really neat colors

@Fictionalromance - Really like your latest entry - Lighting and setting makes for a wonderful little scene. Would like to visit there..

Bruce

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited June 2014

here is my first scene again, just rendered properly this time :) the title is "Flowing Life" ....also no post work done 100% bryce rendered :)

Flowing_Life.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 800K
    Post edited by Tim82 on
    edited December 1969

@timothybateman: Beautiful scene. Nicely done.

edited December 1969

timothybateman:
    every element of "Flowing_Life" is perfect!

edited December 1969

@JStryder - good idea. I'm not sure but it looks as if the beautiful tree is floating.

@fictionalromance - it came out nice.

@timothybateman - beautiful.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the great comments... I have so enjoyed this challenge... I can hardly wait till the next one.. This old dog is still able to learn a few tricks it seems., many with the assistance of you fabulous Brycing folks... There are so many areas within Bryce that I have actually barely explored... With Chohole's tutorial in the DTE... I now have an entire world of texturing to explore... And I have barely touched the Terrain Editor... so many things... so little time...

@Thesavage64 really love the re-textured reshaped terrain scene with the added veg... Really nice deep landscape that pulls you in... very nice
    @Horo.. The Omega Loop is stunning... It reminds me of some great posters from the 1970's...almost super real..
    @Jamahoney... I keep going back to look at Days Like These... It has a real "reach out and touch" feel about it...Love it!
    @Timothybateman... Flowing Life is very nice... I really like how you worked the water texture and lighting... giving the flow some movement over the rocky bottom.. very nice render
    @Jstryder I really enjoy your "come on in the money's fine" image... Art imitating life...
    @StuartB4... A simple but very striking image... with most excellent lighting..
    @Jamahoney... Another really great image... I am a bit of a Potter fan... I think I remember that scene.. Fantastic reflections...

Great stuff happening here
    Steve

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

thank you for the kind comments everyone :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2014

Cheers, Steve (mtnmen) ;)

Came out great in the end, fictionalromance - love that little reflection at bottom of image of the tree in the water.

Nice once, timothybateman.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Another good turnout and really great images (don't envy the judges job!).

Here's my only entry: "Mallard Creek".

Mallards by Noggins from DAZ3D.

Edsel Packer by Birdman from ShareCG.

Poser 4 male (in car).

Bridge modeled in Modo, kinda based on the Key Bridge over the Potomac river in DC.

Trees and grass clumps created in Abaro (900 instanced clumps!)

Rendered with TA and a "white dome" IBL at 32 RPP, about 6 hours.

Thanks for looking!

stream.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 248K
    edited December 1969

@dan: Marvelous scene.